GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

+13
spader
Ev
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
NEELY
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
shabbs
wprager
TheAvatar
Riprock
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011 Large VS Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011 Large
Who: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames
When: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 @ 9:00PM
Where: Sportsnet

The Story:

The Senators begin a 4 game road trip starting out West in Calgary. This is the first meeting this season between the two teams. Last season the Flames beat the Sens in both meetings, 3-2 and 5-2.

The Flames rid themselves of Niklas Hagman after the Anaheim Ducks claimed the veteran forward off of re-entry waivers.

Defenceman Derek Smith looks like he will play against his former team.

Senators (8-9-1)

The Sens snapped a 5 game losing skid with a 5-2 win over the Leafs Saturday. They dropped a spot in the division and are now 4th in the Northeast and 11th in the East.

Team Leaders:

Goals: Milan Michalek (11)
Assists: Erik Karlsson (15)
PIMs: Zenon Konopka (66)
+/-: Zack Smith (3)

Players-to-Watch:

Calgary born Chris Phillips 5 points (3-2) in 16 career games vs. the Flames. 14 pts (10-4) in 21 career games vs. Calgary.

Starting Line-up:

Colin Greening - Jason Spezza - Milan Michalek
Nick Foligno - Stephane Da Costa - Daniel Alfredsson
Kaspars Daugavins - Zack Smith - Condra
Zenon Konopka - Jesse Winchester - Bobby Butler

Chris Phillips - Brian Lee
Filip Kuba - Erik Karlsson
Jared Cowen - Sergei Gonchar

Craig Anderson

Injuries:

Chris Neil, Matt Carkner, Peter Regin

Flames (7-8-1)

The Flames also look to extend a new streak, ending a 2 game losing streak by beating Colorado 4-3 on Saturday. The Flames are 5th in the Northwest and 13th in the West.

Team Leaders:

Goals: Iginla/Glencross/Bourque 5)
Assists: Alex Tanguay (9)
PIMs: Tim Jackman (29)
+/-: Roman Horak (3)

Players-to-Watch:

Miikka Kiprusoff has appear in 13 of Calgary's 16 games this season and is 7-1 in his career vs. Ottawa and has a 2.20 GAA and a .919 SV%

Paul Byron, the Ottawa native, has played just 10 career NHL games, 2 with the Flames since being traded as part of the package Buffalo sent n exchange for Robyn Regehr. In his 2 games with Calgary he has 1 goal and is a +2, but he has a goal in one game vs. Ottawa while with Buffalo.

Starting Line-up:

Alex Tanguay - Mikael Backlund - Jarome Iginla
Curtis Glencross - Olli Jokinen - Rene Bourque
Paul Byron - Roman Horak - Lee Stempniak
Tom Kostopoulos - Matt Stajan - Tim Jackman

Scott Hannan - Mark Giordano
Jay Bouwmeester - Chris Butler
Derek Smith - T.J. Brodie

Miikka Kiprusoff

Injuries:

Brendan Morrison, Anton Babchuk, Brett Carson

Last edited by Dash on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:55 am; edited 4 times in total

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Done deal. I'll be there Section 225, row 18. Unfortunately forgot my jersey home.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:Done deal. I'll be there Section 225, row 18. Unfortunately forgot my jersey home.

Nice, where did you get the ticket and what did it run you?

As for the jersey, maybe you could pick up a tee-shirt before the game.

Edit: I don't remember 100%, but I'm pretty sure I've seen other teams' merchandise at the Sensations store at the SBP. Certainly they'd try to push the visitor's stuff during games. I'm guessing the same would apply to the Fan Attic at the Scotiabank Saddledome. Interesting how they kept the original name and pre-pended the sponsor's name; too bad Cowpland's ego wouldn't let him call it the Corel Palladium as I'm sure that name would have stuck. Instead we have this ridiculous Scotiabank Place. Place, really?

Last edited by wprager on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:Done deal. I'll be there Section 225, row 18. Unfortunately forgot my jersey home.

NICE!!! Ahhhhh! In enemy territory! The Flame Fans are quite passionate. Have fun. You should post your experience when you get a chance.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

Edit: I don't remember 100%, but I'm pretty sure I've seen other teams' merchandise at the Sensations store at the SBP. Certainly they'd try to push the visitor's stuff during games. I'm guessing the same would apply to the Fan Attic at the Scotiabank Saddledome. Interesting how they kept the original name and pre-pended the sponsor's name; too bad Cowpland's ego wouldn't let him call it the Corel Palladium as I'm sure that name would have stuck. Instead we have this ridiculous Scotiabank Place. Place, really?

Got the ticket on ticketmaster for $107

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:
wprager wrote:

Got the ticket on ticketmaster for $107

Expense it as entertainment? Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Another nice GDT.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Oops. I was editing it earlier doing the Players-to-Watch and only added Phillips for Ottawa. I was going to do Michalek since I believe he is one of the few players on the Sens that has probably seen the most action vs. Calgary from his days out in San Jose.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Anderson will have seen a bit of Calgary with his Western Conf experience too...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Panzeri: Looks like David Rundblad will be Ottawa's odd defenceman tonight against the Flames.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Panzeri: Looks like David Rundblad will be Ottawa's odd defenceman tonight against the Flames.

TONIGHT?!?!?!?!?! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

By odd, do you mean odd man OUT?

You're right, Andersson would have faced Calgary quite a bit while he was in Colorado, and he was also drafted by them.

But Chris "Big Rig" Phillips was BORN in Calgary.

Ok, how about Ottawa gets 3 players to watch?

Phillips (has to be solid defensively), Anderson (also has to remain sharp like he has been recently) and Michalek (has to continue to score as he has been).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Panzeri: Looks like David Rundblad will be Ottawa's odd defenceman tonight against the Flames.

Look out, I'm pissed! NoWayyyyy

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Look out, I'm pissed! NoWayyyyy

First thing that popped in my head when Rundblad made that turrible giveaway against the Rangers: "Lee wouldn't have done that." Just sayin'

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum