GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reviewing Ottawa's Draft

+10
sandysensfan
Flo The Action
spader
Hoags
wprager
Ev
SensHulk
stempniaksen
NEELY
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Reviewing Ottawa's Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviewing Ottawa's Draft Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:46 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
well that should end the ongoing debate about which team is deeper in prospects?

so much to be said for BM and his staff. if we have a bad year next year we maybe very well fall into the top 3 after the draft.
maybe I'll get BM"s face tattooed in a few years Sarcasm

there's so many different projections for noesan that it's hard to tell what the real projection is? what's correy-lite anyways? gritty player that can score 30 instead of 50??? 65 pts potential??? or maybe he'll be that kelly type of player but with better hands.

After that last draft, Ottawa's above everyone in the league except Florida and the Isles IMO. Even then it's close. If we have another draft like we did, we should be able to stay the same, maybe down a bit because Rundblad and Cowen will be graduated.

As for Noesen, I think that's his ceiling, yeah. Who knows for sure, but I'd say he should be able to be a 20 goal guy no matter what and his upside is a 30-35/60-65 point guy.

I'd also put EDM and BOS way up there.

Not a huge fan of Boston's outside of Dougie Hamilton. People overrate Spooner, and Knight is OK.

32Reviewing Ottawa's Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviewing Ottawa's Draft Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:03 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, not Boston really. The Kings might be there, but losing Schenn hurts a lot.

Not really Edmonton either, they're in the same position as we will be next year, a lot of their young players are already graduated to the NHL level.

33Reviewing Ottawa's Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviewing Ottawa's Draft Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:11 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

HockeyProspectus is up to the Devils in their latest top-10 prospect rankings:
http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1034

The Devils are ranked 17th in their organization rankings. There's only one name I recognize in there -- Larsson. I know I have generally shallow knowledge of prospects, but I usually know 1 or 2. Larsson was *just* taken, which means I know nothing beyond this year's draft.

Anyhow, the order is sort-of alphabetical (although the New Jersey Devils should have been right after Nashville, before the two New York teams) and I assume the next team will be the Rangers (on Monday) and then Ottawa (on Wednesday).

34Reviewing Ottawa's Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviewing Ottawa's Draft Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ottawa has 7 prospects at WJ camps.

Stone and Puempel for Canada.

Noesen and Prince for USA.

Zibanejad and Claessen for Sweden.

... and ... Culek for Czech's.

I can see Puempel, Prince, Zibanejad and Culek making their teams.

35Reviewing Ottawa's Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviewing Ottawa's Draft Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:HockeyProspectus is up to the Devils in their latest top-10 prospect rankings:
http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1034

The Devils are ranked 17th in their organization rankings. There's only one name I recognize in there -- Larsson. I know I have generally shallow knowledge of prospects, but I usually know 1 or 2. Larsson was *just* taken, which means I know nothing beyond this year's draft.

Anyhow, the order is sort-of alphabetical (although the New Jersey Devils should have been right after Nashville, before the two New York teams) and I assume the next team will be the Rangers (on Monday) and then Ottawa (on Wednesday).

Yikes, that's not great at all.

36Reviewing Ottawa's Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviewing Ottawa's Draft Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Ottawa has 7 prospects at WJ camps.

Stone and Puempel for Canada.

Noesen and Prince for USA.

Zibanejad and Claessen for Sweden.

... and ... Culek for Czech's.

I can see Puempel, Prince, Zibanejad and Culek making their teams.

Not Noesen? I think he makes it over Prince personally, but I'm not sure how they're doing.

37Reviewing Ottawa's Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviewing Ottawa's Draft Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Would like all 7 of them to make it. I don't know too much about the USA roster, but they are pretty deep.

38Reviewing Ottawa's Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviewing Ottawa's Draft Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Would like all 7 of them to make it. I don't know too much about the USA roster, but they are pretty deep.

I think there is a very good chance that a couple of Sens prospects will be wearing gold. It could go down to two of Canada, USA and Sweden in the Gold Medal game.

39Reviewing Ottawa's Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviewing Ottawa's Draft Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:49 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

ZIb = Iginla
Puempel = Kessel
Noesen = Perry
Prince = Callahan
Pageau = Briere
Best draft of all time at minimum.
And we already have Lidstrom, Rafalski and Pronger on the blueline and Roy in goal.
Not sure if 10 is reachable but I suspect 6 or 7 cups would be reasonnable. Sarcasm

40Reviewing Ottawa's Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviewing Ottawa's Draft Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:50 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Really like that we got Noesen and Puempel from this draft. Not to mention Prince, but those two guys are excellent picks for the final 10 of the 1st round - and the fact that Murray picked Noesen over Puempel indicates how much he covets Noesen. Getting the 2nd 1st rounder and having Puempel still be on the board made it absolutely great.

I like the Noesen pick a lot as well. Fact of the matter is that kid went toe to toe with Landeskog in the playoffs and came out on top. That's why Plymouth won that series. Is Noesen going to be as good as Landeskog? Probably not but it's not a stretch to say those two will have similar careers when it's all said and done.

I think the 16 year old kid leaving Texas for Ontario was too much commitment to pass up.
That kind of detail doesn't show on Scouting Reports very often but is at least 50% as important as the on ice production.

41Reviewing Ottawa's Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviewing Ottawa's Draft Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I like a healthy Forsberg as my projection for Zibanejad. I'd even settle for Selanne.

42Reviewing Ottawa's Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviewing Ottawa's Draft Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Lots of player to follow this coming season. Will be interesting to see how well the CHL guys do, and Zibanejad and Silfverberg wherever they land.

Also looking forward to the WJ's and seeing how many Sens get in there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum