GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Week BEFORE July 1: Go!

+14
Flo The Action
TheAvatar
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
spader
Hoags
SensHulk
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
shabbs
wprager
Ev
DirtyDave
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Empty The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

EJHradek_NHL
I'm hearing there are more potentially big trades on the horizon. It could be a wild week!

2The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Empty Re: The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Havlat, Fat Penner, Varlemov?

Who else...

Kuba?

3The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Empty Re: The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wild are looking at 2-3 trades, one of them of significance, according to Russo. Perhaps Backstrom?

4The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Empty Re: The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:39 pm

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

You have to think one of Gonchar, Lee, Kuba or Carkner are gone. I hope it's not Carkner

5The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Empty Re: The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:41 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Godd I hope it's Carkner. Useless.

6The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Empty Re: The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cue the Kuba for Huselius rumours again! Ahhhhh!

7The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Empty Re: The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It won't be Gonchar, now. He's got babysitting duties, now.

8The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Empty Re: The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:55 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ahhhhh!

9The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Empty Re: The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:56 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

DirtDiddler wrote:You have to think one of Gonchar, Lee, Kuba or Carkner are gone. I hope it's not Carkner

My guess is they keep Gonchar to possibly help with Filatov? At least until the trade deadline?

10The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Empty Re: The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Godd I hope it's Carkner. Useless.

For 700k? Why even bother getting rid of him. Are we expected to need some cap relief? Laugh1

Now Kuba's another story. All the Paul MacLean's in the world may not help that dude.

11The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Empty Re: The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:01 pm

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:

For 700k? Why even bother getting rid of him. Are we expected to need some cap relief? Laugh1

Now Kuba's another story. All the Paul MacLean's in the world may not help that dude.

Agreed. If he sits it's not big deal. Plus he brings a certain physical presence that you'd need having a team full of young players

12The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Empty Re: The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:04 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Kuba was injured to start the year, missed training camp, and when he finally showed up, the team was already in the sewer. Before the season was done, Kuba had pretty much regained his 2008-09 (pre-injury) form.

I get that we may well have to trade him, and he's always been a bit too soft for my liking, but let's not act like Kuba is a big anchor or a waste of space. Don't let the 1st half of last year fool you too much; he's a good 3-4 Dman -- soft but effective in his own end, a decent passer, and competent with the puck but certainly not a go-to guy for offense. After being healthy for a year, training, and participating in camp, I don't think it'll be a stretch to see this guy getting back to decent form and being a steady 3-4 guy.

13The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Empty Re: The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We'll see Rooney. I'm in the same camp that wants to give him a shot with MacLean + assistants, but we have very few spots open - and at this point, if we can trade Kuba, he makes the most sense to go.

14The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Empty Re: The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:08 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:We'll see Rooney. I'm in the same camp that wants to give him a shot with MacLean + assistants, but we have very few spots open - and at this point, if we can trade Kuba, he makes the most sense to go.

I agree he seems like the logical odd man out. But I'm just saying the flack he's been taking around here for a calendar year is rather misplaced.

15The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Empty Re: The Week BEFORE July 1: Go! Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
I agree he seems like the logical odd man out. But I'm just saying the flack he's been taking around here for a calendar year is rather misplaced.

I agree. I did take him a LONG time to get back up to speed though, but yes, he had a terrible calender year last year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum