GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Lineup Card for 11/12

+25
LeCaptain
jawal
Oglethorpe
DefenceWinsChampionships
Da lil Guy
ddt
shabbs
Riprock
DirtyDave
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Amnesia021
stempniaksen
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
wprager
rooneypoo
Hoags
NEELY
spader
PTFlea
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 31]

31Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:05 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:I actually believe that Regin will get a legit shot in that number 2 spot... make or break year for that lad.

I think you're right. He'll get a shot at it, but if he doesn't perform, he's gone.

Makes the most sense. If he falters, one of the guys from Bingo gets a HUGE chance.

It's a great thing for the team. At the training camp and in preseason, we'll have three guys fighting tooth and nail for that spot. The competition should be fierce.

I'm so excited for next year. I don't care if we miss the playoffs--this is going to be an exciting team to watch.

32Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:54 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:I actually believe that Regin will get a legit shot in that number 2 spot... make or break year for that lad.

I think you're right. He'll get a shot at it, but if he doesn't perform, he's gone.

Makes the most sense. If he falters, one of the guys from Bingo gets a HUGE chance.

It's a great thing for the team. At the training camp and in preseason, we'll have three guys fighting tooth and nail for that spot. The competition should be fierce.

I'm so excited for next year. I don't care if we miss the playoffs--this is going to be an exciting team to watch.

100% should be different from last year before the trades. Hopefully fast, exciting, forechecking/backchecking, hard-hitting. Not much scoring though in potential.

33Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:00 pm

Amnesia021

Rookie
Rookie

I didn't really look to deeply into it, but now we also need to look at the other side of the CAP puzzle. We're pretty close to the floor I believe....

34Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:09 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Not sure if you were talking about my mock up specifically or making a broad point, but I'll answer anyways, lol.

The cool thing about the way my lines set up is that we don't have a "2nd line" as much as 3 units that get fairly even 5 on 5 time.

If you're making a broader point though I agree, he's gonna get his shot.

By the way, just a general idea to ponder...Regin has had extremely limited pro success as a center (playoffs against Pitt he was on the wing) so maybe shuffling him to LW is something that McLean tries? I have no idea who would play up the middle though.

35Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:10 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

100% should be different from last year before the trades. Hopefully fast, exciting, forechecking/backchecking, hard-hitting. Not much scoring though in potential.

True, but let's wait and see. There are a few guys that might surprise. If a few things come together, we should be fine.

Regin should hit the ground running. I'd bet money that he scores in the first 3 or 4 games. He doesn't want a repeat of last season and probably realizes that his NHL career is on the line. He definitely has 20 goal potential, though that's probably a bit of a leap.

Maybe this is the year that Foligno puts it all together. He looked fantastic in preseason. Maybe he figures out what he needs to figure out to amp up his production. He was looking good at the end of the season. If he grows from that point, he'll be a 20-25 goal guy.

Spezza is another guy that needs to pick up where he left off. If he plays all season the way he was playing at the end of last season, he'll be virtually unstoppable. With some secondary scoring available to take some of the pressure and attention off him, he could have a great year.

Greening is a bit of a question mark. He seemed to have a knack last season for being in the right place at the right time. If he can demonstrate that that wasn't a fluke, he should be good for 15+.

A healthy Michalek will be dangerous. He was also putting it together at the end of the season. Look to him for 20-25.

Alfie will likely be in the low 20s or high teens.

If Butler can continue to perform, he'll be high 20s with a chance of low 30s. He seems to have the raw talent and he's definitely a finisher. A good season from him will be key.

I don't know what to expect from Filatov. There's no denying that he has the potential to hit the 20 goal plateau, but there's no telling what will actually happen. I'd be happy with 10-15 from him this year.

We have some firepower on the blueline, too. Karlsson will notch 10-20. He could be prolific, or he could stick with numbers that are closer to this past season. He has such a sick, sick shot that he could very well exceed expectations. He keeps sliding to the middle of the ice on the PP and he'll be pumping pucks into the back of the net.

A resurgence from the Gonch would probably put him in the 10-15 range. That would be huge after last season.

Rundblad may start in the A and may not be as ready as we think. If he sticks here, though, look to him to put a few in the back of the net. From what we're hearing, he has sick potential.

That said, there are lots of question marks, but if the young guys can find their game, we'll be in good shape to challenge for a playoff spot. Sure, some of my projections are generous, but I don't think anyone can deny that the numbers I attached to each name are possible. While there is potential for us to be a low-scoring team this year, with a little luck and a lot of hard work from the boys on the ice, we should surpass last season's goal totals fairly easily (though that isn't saying a lot...last year stunk).

36Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:12 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Amnesia021 wrote:I didn't really look to deeply into it, but now we also need to look at the other side of the CAP puzzle. We're pretty close to the floor I believe....

According to capgeek, we're $4Mish under the floor right now. That's with 10 forwards, 6 D, and 1 goalie. We'll be fine.

37Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:14 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Amnesia021 wrote:I didn't really look to deeply into it, but now we also need to look at the other side of the CAP puzzle. We're pretty close to the floor I believe....

With Filatov in the lineup we're about a million away from the cap floor and that is still without a 2nd line center (Zibanejad would carry a big cap hit if we went that route).

We won't be spending anywhere near the cap, but we'll be safely over the floor.

38Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:56 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

stempniaksen wrote:I've been flip flopping about this all day, but have an idea that might work.

Greening - Spezza - Butler
Filatov - xxxxxxx - Michalek
Foligno - Regin - Alfredsson
Winchester - Smith - Neil

Gonchar - Karlsson
Phillips - Runbland
Cowen - Lee
Carkner

Anderson
Backup

Basically the idea here to to roll all 4 lines consistently, but especially the top-three. Each line has a guy that will muck it out (which I think is key since we are looking a little soft in the top-nine, imo). I think it's also important to add a veteran to that 2nd spot, but people can throw Zibby in there if they think that's a better fit.

As far as the D is concerned I just wanted to make sure that most guys were on their proper side (makes a difference, look at Lee last year) although Gonchar get's stuck on his off-hand which is unfortunate.

I think you have to put (or at least try) Filatov with spezza. at least so he gets a bit of confidence and develops a bit more os responsibility. Regin should benefit from being paired with better players like Alfie and michalek. but down the line we have to believe he will be a great third liner on the sens when we roll 3 offensive lines. that should be his role IMO.

39Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:30 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

stempniaksen wrote:

Not sure if you were talking about my mock up specifically or making a broad point, but I'll answer anyways, lol.

The cool thing about the way my lines set up is that we don't have a "2nd line" as much as 3 units that get fairly even 5 on 5 time.

If you're making a broader point though I agree, he's gonna get his shot.

By the way, just a general idea to ponder...Regin has had extremely limited pro success as a center (playoffs against Pitt he was on the wing) so maybe shuffling him to LW is something that McLean tries? I have no idea who would play up the middle though.

It was more of a broader statment for sure.

As for Regin, I can honestly say that he has been so inconsistant that I have no idea where he would be a good fit. This will be his 3rd year in The NHL and if he can't play big mins on a rebuilding team, The Sens probably wont hesitate to bump him off the 2nd line and either trade him or waive him.

40Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:32 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Sens now have 3 #6 overall picks on their roster

41Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:34 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:The Sens now have 3 #6 overall picks on their roster

42Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:46 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:The Sens now have 3 #6 overall picks on their roster

I'll bite... who's the other one?

43Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:51 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Zibanejad, Michalek, Filatov.

44Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:56 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Zibanejad, Michalek, Filatov.

Ah, Michalek. For some reason, I thought he was drafted in the middle or later part of the first round. I think I was thinking of Bernier, the other SJ guy who emerged with Michalek 5-6 years back.

45Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:42 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Butler - Spezza - Gaborik
Michalek - Zibanejad - Alfredsson
*** Foligno - Regin *** - Neil
Greening - Z.Smith - Winchester

Phillips - Gonchar
Cowen - Karlsson
Carkner - Rundblad

Anderson
Garon

I still think at least one of Foligno or Regin gets dealt, maybe both

46Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:45 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

why is Gaborik in your lineup?

47Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:45 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I don't believe the Gaborik rumours at all (Rags may still buy out Drury after all).

Filatov should play with Spezza, put him in a position to succeed and rack some points to get some confidence going. They can work on his 2-way play over time, he's not going to be Datsyuk at age 21.

48Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:46 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:why is Gaborik in your lineup?

Because I put him there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum