GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Lineup Card for 11/12

+25
LeCaptain
jawal
Oglethorpe
DefenceWinsChampionships
Da lil Guy
ddt
shabbs
Riprock
DirtyDave
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Amnesia021
stempniaksen
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
wprager
rooneypoo
Hoags
NEELY
spader
PTFlea
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 31]

16Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:27 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:People really think Zib will make the team next year ?

If we stand pat with, or add to, our forwards during that first week of July, I think we'll have our answer. To me, signing another top 6er would be a pretty clear indication to me that they don't plan on having him play this year -- or they want him to come to camp and dominate to the point where he forces another guy off the roster.

Gonna be a tough camp, I think, for some of our guys. Regin, Foligno, Condra -- they all need to show up and impress.

Da Costa and O'Brien will be breathing down his neck. He needs to do more than have a good camp.

17Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:38 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

Da Costa and O'Brien will be breathing down his neck. He needs to do more than have a good camp.

They'll give the guy with the 1-way contract a free pass like they always do.

18Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:40 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I guess nobody noticed that NEELY is our backup Smile I'm OK with that. Always good for a quote, and that *is* a way to get to be GM.

Are you sure Filatov should start on the top line? I'd prefer him to play with Alfie to start and that should be 2nd line. Maybe even 3rd -- can you imagine a 2B line of Filatov-Zibanejad-Alfredsson?

19Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:45 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

No chance, no way they put a fringe NHLer in front of a kid they want to develop. If Regin can't get the job done at 2C, they will bring up someone who can, that would be Da Costa.

1 mil, 1 year, he will get waived.

20Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Don't let him work the PK. 5 on 5 you need Alfi if they want any chance at success. Hopefully they can roll 4 lines consistantly.

Yeah, cut PKing down by 70%.

21Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd pick up one of Conklin, Auld, Hedberg and I'd try to sign Bergfors, then I'd call it a day July 1. I thought we'd need a LW, but Filatov is gonna get the chance obviously.

22Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:22 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

I'll try...

Filatov-Spezza-Butler
Michalek-Regin-Alfie
Greening-Foligno-Condra
Neil-Z Smith-Winchester

Phillips-Cowen
Gonchar-Karlsson
Rundblad-Lee

Anderson
FA Goaltender.

Don't really like those defensive pairings... but work around them..
Don't see Murray getting an FA on July 1st.. other than a goaltender.

23Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

No chance, no way they put a fringe NHLer in front of a kid they want to develop. If Regin can't get the job done at 2C, they will bring up someone who can, that would be Da Costa.

1 mil, 1 year, he will get waived.
gets traded before he gets waived i'd imagine. but i'll say it again, i think regin can be our #2 or 3 center. we will see i guess

24Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I'd pick up one of Conklin, Auld, Hedberg and I'd try to sign Bergfors, then I'd call it a day July 1. I thought we'd need a LW, but Filatov is gonna get the chance obviously.
I think if you're to get good results from filatov as it stands today you have to pair him with spezza.
things could change and we pick up laich and he plays the wing.... or best case scenario is Regin finds his game this year and he plays on that line with Alfie.

25Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:People really think Zib will make the team next year ?

Absolutely.

I agree. The Sens marketing campaign will center around this kid and he'll be given as much leash as Karlsson had or even more.

26Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it's almost a slam dunk that we're in on Bergfors, if we're rebuilding and we're not spending $$ on Leino etc, then why not take on another boom or bust like Bergfors. Sign him for 1.5 and if he works, he's young and a 20 goal guy already, if he doesn't you waive him, trade him or sit him.

27Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:17 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I've been flip flopping about this all day, but have an idea that might work.

Greening - Spezza - Butler
Filatov - xxxxxxx - Michalek
Foligno - Regin - Alfredsson
Winchester - Smith - Neil

Gonchar - Karlsson
Phillips - Runbland
Cowen - Lee
Carkner

Anderson
Backup

Basically the idea here to to roll all 4 lines consistently, but especially the top-three. Each line has a guy that will muck it out (which I think is key since we are looking a little soft in the top-nine, imo). I think it's also important to add a veteran to that 2nd spot, but people can throw Zibby in there if they think that's a better fit.

As far as the D is concerned I just wanted to make sure that most guys were on their proper side (makes a difference, look at Lee last year) although Gonchar get's stuck on his off-hand which is unfortunate.

28Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:29 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I actually believe that Regin will get a legit shot in that number 2 spot... make or break year for that lad.

29Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:31 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:I actually believe that Regin will get a legit shot in that number 2 spot... make or break year for that lad.

I think you're right. He'll get a shot at it, but if he doesn't perform, he's gone.

30Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:I actually believe that Regin will get a legit shot in that number 2 spot... make or break year for that lad.

I think you're right. He'll get a shot at it, but if he doesn't perform, he's gone.

Makes the most sense. If he falters, one of the guys from Bingo gets a HUGE chance.

31Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:05 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

Makes the most sense. If he falters, one of the guys from Bingo gets a HUGE chance.

It's a great thing for the team. At the training camp and in preseason, we'll have three guys fighting tooth and nail for that spot. The competition should be fierce.

I'm so excited for next year. I don't care if we miss the playoffs--this is going to be an exciting team to watch.

32Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

It's a great thing for the team. At the training camp and in preseason, we'll have three guys fighting tooth and nail for that spot. The competition should be fierce.

I'm so excited for next year. I don't care if we miss the playoffs--this is going to be an exciting team to watch.

100% should be different from last year before the trades. Hopefully fast, exciting, forechecking/backchecking, hard-hitting. Not much scoring though in potential.

33Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:00 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

I didn't really look to deeply into it, but now we also need to look at the other side of the CAP puzzle. We're pretty close to the floor I believe....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum