GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - POST draft

+7
Hoags
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
spader
NEELY
Ev
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

stempniaksen wrote:
Big Ev wrote:2 years for Zibanejad? I'm thinking he makes it right away.

I have no doubt the kid is NHL ready on the defensive side of the game but I would like him to refine his offence before coming over so that we don't have Mike Fisher 2.0 on our hands.

That and the fact we are already forcing young talent into the lineup with Butler, Filatov, Greening, Smith, Cowen and Runbland means we could use someone with a little bit more experience up the middle.

I definitely have the old-school mindset of being extra cautious with prospects and giving them plenty of time to develop outside of the NHL.

I just don't see a difference in refining offense here as opposed to refining it in Sweden. If anything his game is suited for NA ice anyway.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
Big Ev wrote:2 years for Zibanejad? I'm thinking he makes it right away.

I have no doubt the kid is NHL ready on the defensive side of the game but I would like him to refine his offence before coming over so that we don't have Mike Fisher 2.0 on our hands.

That and the fact we are already forcing young talent into the lineup with Butler, Filatov, Greening, Smith, Cowen and Runbland means we could use someone with a little bit more experience up the middle.

I definitely have the old-school mindset of being extra cautious with prospects and giving them plenty of time to develop outside of the NHL.

I just don't see a difference in refining offense here as opposed to refining it in Sweden. If anything his game is suited for NA ice anyway.

Basically how I see it too. Sens will do what's best, so we'll see.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can see Zib playing 3rd line C here next year. Why not...we have Cameron, Reeds and MacLean himself to teach him - and Kleinendorst in Bingo if he gets sent down. Can't really beat that.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I can see Zib playing 3rd line C here next year. Why not...we have Cameron, Reeds and MacLean himself to teach him - and Kleinendorst in Bingo if he gets sent down. Can't really beat that.

I wonder if the Sens have Regin or SDC ahead of him on the depth chart. My guess is that he's the SLC, or he's heading back to Sweden.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I can see Zib playing 3rd line C here next year. Why not...we have Cameron, Reeds and MacLean himself to teach him - and Kleinendorst in Bingo if he gets sent down. Can't really beat that.

I wonder if the Sens have Regin or SDC ahead of him on the depth chart. My guess is that he's the SLC, or he's heading back to Sweden.

I think he jumps them immediately. He's already almost Regin's weight, so he probably will be in Oct., plus he's gritty and skilled. Da Costa might have to be moved to wing if that's possible.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

I think he jumps them immediately. He's already almost Regin's weight, so he probably will be in Oct., plus he's gritty and skilled. Da Costa might have to be moved to wing if that's possible.

I think he has a good shot at jumping right in. I just don't know if they'll keep him here to play on the third line. Thankfully, better hockey minds than mine will make those decisions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum