GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa's Prospect Ranking - Post NHL 2018 Draft

+5
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Ev
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Who are your top 10 prospects and their positional ceiling?

2. Tkachuk - #1/2 LW
3. Batherson - #2 RW
4. Gustavsson - #1 G
5. Brown - #2 C
6. White - #3 C/W
7. Formenton - #3 W
8. Chlapik - #3 C/W
9. Wolanin - #2 LHD
10. JBD - #2 LHD

On the cusp: Perron, Gagne, Tychonik, Jaros, Hogberg, Englund

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have to ask, is Chabot still considered a prospect? Also, did you want to do a poll and go one by one?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chabot defnitely isn't a prospect anymore. Tkachuk for me.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hogburglar.

Also, yeah, I think we can take Chabot off the list.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I edited out Chabot.

Tkachuk would be first for me. And I see him as a top line LW, or elite 2nd line winger.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Here is my Top 10. Caveat's are that the ceiling my view of what they can become, however unlikely it is.

1. Tkachuk - Top Line winger (likely floor is Top 6 winger)
2. Gustavsson - #1 G (likely floor is Top end backup)
3. Formenton - 2nd line winger (likely floor is 3rd line winger who is a b*tch to play against and PKs)
4. Brown - Top Line centre (floor is scary in that he can't play top 6 and is out of the league by 25).
5. White - 2nd line C/W (floor is likely 3rd line winger who can move up the lineup in spurts)
6. Chlapik - 3rd line centre who can fill in as Top 6 (floor is playing in Europe in less than 5 years)
7. Batherson - Top line winger (floor is likely out of NHL if he can't skate/score enough for top 9)
8. Wolanin - 2nd pair DMan with PP ability (floor is likely 5-7 NHL D-Man with a longish career)
9. Hogberg - NHL Starter (Floor is journeyman backup)
10. Jaros - 2nd pair Dman (Floor is Europe within 2 years).
NR - Tychonik - Top pair Dman, Tools are there to support this claim. (floor is likely 2nd pairing Dman due to ultra competitiveness. This kid will play in the NHL without a doubt).
NR - JBD - Top pair Dman, Tools are there to support this claim. (floor is busts before playing a game).

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Tkachuk might not stay at wing forever.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:Here is my Top 10.  Caveat's are that the ceiling my view of what they can become, however unlikely it is.

1. Tkachuk - Top Line winger (likely floor is Top 6 winger)
2. Gustavsson - #1 G (likely floor is Top end backup)
3. Formenton - 2nd line winger (likely floor is 3rd line winger who is a b*tch to play against and PKs)
4. Brown - Top Line centre (floor is scary in that he can't play top 6 and is out of the league by 25).
5. White - 2nd line C/W (floor is likely 3rd line winger who can move up the lineup in spurts)
6. Chlapik - 3rd line centre who can fill in as Top 6 (floor is playing in Europe in less than 5 years)
7. Batherson - Top line winger (floor is likely out of NHL if he can't skate/score enough for top 9)
8. Wolanin - 2nd pair DMan with PP ability (floor is likely 5-7 NHL D-Man with a longish career)
9. Hogberg - NHL Starter (Floor is journeyman backup)
10. Jaros - 2nd pair Dman (Floor is Europe within 2 years).
NR - Tychonik  - Top pair Dman, Tools are there to support this claim. (floor is likely 2nd pairing Dman due to ultra competitiveness.  This kid will play in the NHL without a doubt).
NR -  JBD - Top pair Dman, Tools are there to support this claim. (floor is busts before playing a game).

Big thumbs up. Like these kind of posts.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I tend to think as a collective that we overhype some of our prospects.

On a side note, Nick Paul got qualified yesterday. I think this is a make or break year for him. If he doesn't make the team out of camp he may be toast.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tkachuk
Brown
White
Batherson
Chlapik
Gustavsson
Formenton
Jaros
Wolanin
JBD

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I tend to think as a collective that we overhype some of our prospects.

On a side note, Nick Paul got qualified yesterday. I think this is a make or break year for him. If he doesn't make the team out of camp he may be toast.
Kind of his make or break year from last year?

I totally agree that we overhype our prospects. Especially their chances of success.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I tend to think as a collective that we overhype some of our prospects.

A million percent. Every fan base does this.

I also think, in the last couple of years, that our organization might have some issues helping prospects develop, but it's tough to know where to lay the blame...on the player or on the org.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I have a few friends that played in Belleville/Bingo over the past few seasons. In short the system down their from their last coaching regime was horrendous. They often played people who were injured and put the wrong people in the wrong positions.

I am loving what I read yesterday about Tkachuk-Brown-White having instant off-ice chemistry. Batherson was grouped with them and also seemed to click with those guys quite well (Batherson is a dual citizen).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm intrigued by Gustavsson.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sounds like the big boys played up to billing in dc, which is expected. Still nice to hear about Brown, White, Tkachuk and Batherson clicking. Jaros is a mean beast, we all knew it, but he looks gargantuan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum