GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft

+2
NEELY
PTFlea
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Empty Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thought this might be interesting considering we're a couple of days away from this list changing in a big way.

For people interested in wasting 10 minutes, we'll do one of these PRE draft and one POST draft and compare.

For me:

1.Robin Lehner
2.David Rundblad
3.Jared Cowen
4.Jakob Silfverberg
5.Bobby Butler
6.Stephane Da Costa
7.Patrick Wiercioch
8.Colin Greening
9.Eric Gryba
10.Louie Caporusso
11.Jim O'Brien
12.Mike Hoffman
13.Roman Wick
14.Erik Condra
15.Andre Petersson
16.Markus Sorensen
17.Chris Wideman
18.Mark Stone
19.Mark Borowiecki
20.Derek Grant/Kaspars Daugavins

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

2Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:45 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

1. Rundblad (will graduate)
2. Lehner (will be number come start of reg season)
3. Cowen (will graduate)
4. Silfverberg (might get to the top 3 with grads)
5. Greening (will graduate)
6. Butler (will graduate)
7. Z.Smith (will graduate)
8. Condra (probably will graduate)
9. Da Costa (could jump into the top 5 with good season in The AHL)
10. Gryba (NHL player, not if, just when)
11. Wiercoich (Needs to improve play in own zone, put on some size)
12. Stone (could be a steal in the 6th , looking like sure fire NHLer)
13. Petersson (boom or bust, we’ll see)
14. O’Brien (big time uphill battle, betting against him in short term)
15. Daugvanins (see O’Brien)
16. Grant (a project for sure but has a couple years to develop)
17. Borowiecki (shocking how well he has transitioned from college to pro, #6 NHL D in 2-3 years)
18. Hoffman (came along nicely, still a long way to go)
19. Sorenson (see Petersson)
20. Ben Blood (the forgotten prospect, a lot like Gryba. With that name, you include first and last.

Last edited by NEELY on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

3Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:48 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle, I meant to put Borowiecki in there!

I'm editing mine.

4Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:12 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

1. Lehner
2. Cowen
3. Rundblad
4. Silfverberg
5. Butler
6. Greening
7. Weircioch
8. Gryba
9. DaCosta
10. Condra
11. Z. Smith
12. Stone
13. Sorensen
14. Petersson
15. Hoffman
16. O'Brien
17. Borowiecki
18. Wick
19. Grant
20. Wideman

5Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:22 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No love for Blood eh... the guy is legit and will probably be an NHLer. Guess he needs to sign that pro contract for people to take notice.

6Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:No love for Blood eh... the guy is legit and will probably be an NHLer. Guess he needs to sign that pro contract for people to take notice.

He was my 21st. I couldn't fit him in this time, but he's doing real well for himself and has the same trajectory as Gryba IMO. One more year of NCAA, then 2 years of pro and I think he's banging on the door of the NHL.

7Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:46 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I like Blood. Last I checked he had a great defensive game in the NCAA (lead the team or league in +/-) but at this point he's well behind our other d-men. And as a necessity, I value the prospects that play positions we are lacking depth in. On the depth chart he's way too behind but the forward ranks are almost wide open. That's why Lehner is so important. He's freakin' all we got in the wings.

8Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:54 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Never heard of Ben Blood.

Yes he would have to sign a contract for the average fan to take notice. Same with most of the guys on the list.

9Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:45 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Never heard of Ben Blood.

Yes he would have to sign a contract for the average fan to take notice. Same with most of the guys on the list.

Ben Blood a 6ft 3 defenseman currently playing in the NCAA. He will play this year there then will be finished -- that's according to Bryan Murray at a season ticket holder meeting.

From Hockeyprospects...
Blood has an intriguing combination of skill and size. He is fluid and sturdy on his skates, especially considering his size. Blood’s lateral movement and quickness is somewhat lacking, but this should improve with time. Blood plays well in all three zones and is excellent on special teams. His soft hands, poise with the puck, vision, and heavy, accurate slap shot make him an excellent power play quarterback. He also possesses a quick release and precise wrist shot. Blood has excellent hand eye coordination and has the ability to unleash a wicked one-timer when setup.

In the defensive zone, Blood is a formidable presence and shuts down players by angling them to the boards. He is terrific positioning, especially in one-on-one situations and uses his size to effectively clear out traffic in front of the crease. He could play a more physically, but Blood’s game is focused on being disciplined and not hurting his team with an errant play or missed body check.

Blood is also a good communicator both on and off the ice. He possesses good leadership qualities and could be a future team leader.

Future
Attends North Dakota. Projects as a defensive defenseman in the pros.

10Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:50 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Also... check out the prospect camp the Sens will be having the end of June and first part of July.

Blood will be there.... along with most of the others.... this is when we get our first look at.... RUNDBLAD.

11Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:46 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:Never heard of Ben Blood.

Which is fine but he has a way better shot at playing in Ottawa at some point than a lot of other guys. He is also a very tradable asset with guys like Gryba and Cowen already in the organization... Borowieki also makes him a little expendable.

12Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:14 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

1. Jared Cowen (Most all-around potential of any of our dmen)
2. David Runbland (Very special talent, I anticipate will hit a minor snag in NA)
3. Robin Lehner (Most important Sens prospect, bar none)
4. Patrick Wiercicoch (Hit a snag this year, still more top end potential than F's)
5. Andre Petersson (Our only F prospect with top line potential, bust factor)
6. Bobby Butler (Can score, but can he do the little things right?)
7. Jakob Silverberg (Future 2nd/3rd liner, good progression)
8. Erik Condra (Same position as Silf, but has some pro experience)
9. Colin Greening (Size+ Speed = Legit NHLer, could fall anywhere in the lineup)
10. Jim O'Brien (Bottom-six seems crowded, but he's another candidate)
11. Kaspar Daugavins (Same situation as O'Brien, has shown scoring touch)
12. Markus Sorensen (An unknown, Forsberg track record speaks for itself though)
13. Loui Caporusso (Has declined in numbers, but raw talent is there)
14. Mark Stone (Tearing up the WHL, could be a sleeper)
15. Derek Grant (Huge dark horse this year, has great puck skills)
16. Erik Gryba (I'm lower on him than most, still #5/#6 potential
17. Chris Wideman (Same as Gryba, but puckmover)
18. Mark Borowiecki (another bottom pairing DMan)
19. Mike Hoffman (even more boom/bust than a guy like Sorensen, imo)
20. Jakub Culek (Disappointing season, but he has size, still has a future)

EDIT: So I forgot Da Costa, I have no idea where to put him...Somewhere between 10 and 16

13Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No Da Costa in there Stemp?

14Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - PRE draft Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:18 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:No Da Costa in there Stemp?

Fixed...kinda, lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum