GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - POST draft

+7
Hoags
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
spader
NEELY
Ev
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:I'd be interested to see lists of these guys with people guesstimating their NHL arrival time, i.e., one year away, two years away, etc. A kind of "ETA" list. The ranking thing is cool, but I'd like to know more about development time. For instance, I take it that both Puempel and Prince are a minimum of 3 year away, yes?

According to db, Puempel is 6'0'', 190. Sounds like he's close to being physically ready. Of course, I don't have a clue how far along he is developmentally. Shrug

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:I'd be interested to see lists of these guys with people guesstimating their NHL arrival time, i.e., one year away, two years away, etc. A kind of "ETA" list. The ranking thing is cool, but I'd like to know more about development time. For instance, I take it that both Puempel and Prince are a minimum of 3 year away, yes?

According to db, Puempel is 6'0'', 190. Sounds like he's close to being physically ready. Of course, I don't have a clue how far along he is developmentally. Shrug

I think he has 1 more year of Jr left for sure, but I think he's close.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good idea.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

With ETA to NHL:

1.Robin Lehner - 2 years
2.David Rundblad - NHL ready
3.Jared Cowen - NHL ready
4.MZ - 1 year
5.Jakob Silfverberg - 1 year
6.Pumpel - 2 years
7.Bobby Butler - NHL ready
8.Noesen - 2 years
9.Stephane Da Costa - 1 year
10.Patrick Wiercioch 2 years
11.Prince - 2 years
12.Eric Gryba - 1 year
13.Louie Caporusso - 2 years
14.Jim O'Brien - 1 year
15.Mike Hoffman - 2 years
16.Roman Wick - 1 year
17.Erik Condra - 1 year
18.Andre Petersson - 1 year
19.Markus Sorensen - 2 years
20.Stone - 2 years

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:With ETA to NHL:

1.Robin Lehner - 2 years
4.MZ - 1 year
6.Pumpel - 2 years
8.Noesen - 2 years
11.Prince - 2 years
12.Eric Gryba - 1 year
14.Jim O'Brien - 1 year
16.Roman Wick - 1 year
17.Erik Condra - 1 year
20.Stone - 2 years

You realize you just replaced the entire team within 2 years right? haha

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:With ETA to NHL:

1.Robin Lehner - 2 years
4.MZ - 1 year
6.Pumpel - 2 years
8.Noesen - 2 years
11.Prince - 2 years
12.Eric Gryba - 1 year
14.Jim O'Brien - 1 year
16.Roman Wick - 1 year
17.Erik Condra - 1 year
20.Stone - 2 years

You realize you just replaced the entire team within 2 years right? haha

There's so much more though...but yeah ha ha, I see that.

No O'Brien, Petersson, Caporusso Wiercioch, Wick, - right off the bat if I was guessing about potential to make and stick in the NHL. Not sure about Hoffman or Sorensen, it'll depend on a lot. Etc...

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

1. Jared Cowen (Most all-around potential of any of our dmen) - Next year
2. David Runbland (Very special talent, I anticipate will hit a minor snag in NA) - Next year
3. Robin Lehner (Most important Sens prospect, bar none) - 2 years
4. Mika Zibanejad (Top F prospect, looks like a real nice/safe complimentary piece) - 2 years
5. Patrick Wiercioch (Hit a snag this year, still more top end potential than F's) - 2 years
6. Matt Puempel (Huge scoring potential, on-ice game screams Heatley except that he doesn't seem like a douche) - 3 years
7. Stefan Noesen (I don't see the same upside as Puempel, but talent is there) - 3 years
8. Andre Petersson (One of our only F prospect with top line potential, bust factor) - 2/3 years
9. Bobby Butler (Can score, but can he do the little things right?) - Next year
10. Jakob Silverberg (Future 2nd/3rd liner, good progression) - 2 years
11. Shane Prince (Great future as a playmaking winger) - 3/4 years
12. Erik Condra (Same position as Silf, but has some pro experience) - 2 years
13. Stephane Da Costa (I haven't been impressed so far, but there's no denying talent) - Next year
14. Jim O'Brien (Bottom-six seems crowded, but he's another candidate) - 2 years
15. Kaspar Daugavins (Same situation as O'Brien, has shown scoring touch) - 2 years
16. Markus Sorensen (An unknown, Forsberg track record speaks for itself though) - 3/4 years
17. Loui Caporusso (Has declined in numbers, but raw talent is there) - 3 years
18. Mark Stone (Tearing up the WHL, could be a sleeper) - 3 years
19. Derek Grant (Huge dark horse this year, has great puck skills) - 2 years
20. Erik Gryba (I'm lower on him than most, still #5/#6 potential - 2 years
HM. Chris Wideman (Same as Gryba, but puckmover) - 3/4 years

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

2 years for Zibanejad? I'm thinking he makes it right away.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:2 years for Zibanejad? I'm thinking he makes it right away.

Yah, I think he slips into that number 3 C spot and pushes Regin out of the number 2 hole by years end.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You could also consider Filatov a prospect if you consider Butler one too.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I think there's a chance they send him back to the SEL.

Big Ev wrote:You could also consider Filatov a prospect if you consider Butler one too.

Yeah he should be up there as well.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

I think there's a chance they send him back to the SEL.

Big Ev wrote:You could also consider Filatov a prospect if you consider Butler one too.

Yeah he should be up there as well.

Oh I agree, there's a big chance they send him back. It could go either way. But I think with the way he defends already, they won't have a problem letting his offensive game develop against men in the NHL. It's not like sending him back to juniro where they can dominate the whole year...I don't think he would dominate in the SEL so you might as well develop him here.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Exactly. He won't go back to Sweden and tear it up, no chance. Also, if he is in NA they can always send him down to Bingo if they think he needs to improve in some area's before he is ready.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Exactly. He won't go back to Sweden and tear it up, no chance. Also, if he is in NA they can always send him down to Bingo if they think he needs to improve in some area's before he is ready.

To my understanding he has 1 year left on his contract in Sweden. If they sign him by the 15th and he doesn't make the team he has to go back to Sweden to fulfill his contract so no AHL.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Exactly. He won't go back to Sweden and tear it up, no chance. Also, if he is in NA they can always send him down to Bingo if they think he needs to improve in some area's before he is ready.

To my understanding he has 1 year left on his contract in Sweden. If they sign him by the 15th and he doesn't make the team he has to go back to Sweden to fulfill his contract so no AHL.

If he doesn't make the team, yes. If he makes it and then gets sent down later, I think that's the most liekly scenario. It will also give The Sens total control over his development which I believe they want. Another reason why he probably makes the team.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:

If he doesn't make the team, yes. If he makes it and then gets sent down later, I think that's the most liekly scenario. It will also give The Sens total control over his development which I believe they want. Another reason why he probably makes the team.

I don't think they can send him to B-town next year. He can play with the big club, or he has to go back. It's like how Cowen could have made the Sens, but couldn't go to Bingo--he had to go to Junior if he didn't stay.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It's different for international players, they are not subject to the same rules as players in North America. It's the same reason why Lehner could play in The AHL and didn't have to go back down to SSM. If they could have sent Cowen to The AHL they would have.

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

NEELY wrote:I think you have to put guys in who are almost assured to get a shot in Ottawa. Taking Boroweiski out of anyones top 20 is wrong. The guy will play in The NHL at some point.

I don't know enough about prospects to rank but in the interview on the radio yesterday with Pierre Doiron, he mentioned that we have d propects that will play in NHL . The names he said were Cowen, Rundblad, Weircioch and Boroweicki. He did not say when just that they will play in NHL. Obviously Cowen and Rundblad will be soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum