GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - POST draft

+7
Hoags
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
spader
NEELY
Ev
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Exactly. He won't go back to Sweden and tear it up, no chance. Also, if he is in NA they can always send him down to Bingo if they think he needs to improve in some area's before he is ready.

To my understanding he has 1 year left on his contract in Sweden. If they sign him by the 15th and he doesn't make the team he has to go back to Sweden to fulfill his contract so no AHL.

If he doesn't make the team, yes. If he makes it and then gets sent down later, I think that's the most liekly scenario. It will also give The Sens total control over his development which I believe they want. Another reason why he probably makes the team.

I don't think they can send him to B-town next year. He can play with the big club, or he has to go back. It's like how Cowen could have made the Sens, but couldn't go to Bingo--he had to go to Junior if he didn't stay.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It's different for international players, they are not subject to the same rules as players in North America. It's the same reason why Lehner could play in The AHL and didn't have to go back down to SSM. If they could have sent Cowen to The AHL they would have.

jawal

Rookie
Rookie

NEELY wrote:I think you have to put guys in who are almost assured to get a shot in Ottawa. Taking Boroweiski out of anyones top 20 is wrong. The guy will play in The NHL at some point.

I don't know enough about prospects to rank but in the interview on the radio yesterday with Pierre Doiron, he mentioned that we have d propects that will play in NHL . The names he said were Cowen, Rundblad, Weircioch and Boroweicki. He did not say when just that they will play in NHL. Obviously Cowen and Rundblad will be soon.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

jawal wrote:
NEELY wrote:I think you have to put guys in who are almost assured to get a shot in Ottawa. Taking Boroweiski out of anyones top 20 is wrong. The guy will play in The NHL at some point.

I don't know enough about prospects to rank but in the interview on the radio yesterday with Pierre Doiron, he mentioned that we have d propects that will play in NHL . The names he said were Cowen, Rundblad, Weircioch and Boroweicki. He did not say when just that they will play in NHL. Obviously Cowen and Rundblad will be soon.

Exactly.

Boroweicki is an awesome example of how great Ottawa scouts are and just how good players from Ottawa are. They picked him right out of the CJHL in Smith Falls. They had a power house team and he was a rock on that blueline at 17 years old. People say and think he was drafted out of college, he wasn't. If they would have waited a year for him he would have been picked up with a 3rd or a 4th rounder being as good as he was at Clarkson.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boroweiski, Gryba, Blood and this guy today from Z's club in Sweden - all have a nasty, nasty side and all could make it as bottom pairing, physical D-men if they continue. Safe, simple game with a lot of punishment.

36Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - POST draft - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - POST draft Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'm not ready to make a list as i need more info on our new prospects but i'll tell you two players i'm super excited to see next year. Petersson and rundblad. I know one or both might be in the AHL but it will be great to see what they do in the NA game. Obviously i'm super sicked about Filatov but he's hardly a prospect anymore.

37Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - POST draft - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - POST draft Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:20 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

nice to see Dorion have a bonner on pageau. said BM doesn't like small players much but was sold on pageau. they said he was the best player for gatineau. I guess he'll need a few years to develop but he could be a total steal in a few years.

38Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - POST draft - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Top 20 Sens Prospects - POST draft Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:44 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:
jawal wrote:

Exactly.

Boroweicki is an awesome example of how great Ottawa scouts are and just how good players from Ottawa are. They picked him right out of the CJHL in Smith Falls. They had a power house team and he was a rock on that blueline at 17 years old. People say and think he was drafted out of college, he wasn't. If they would have waited a year for him he would have been picked up with a 3rd or a 4th rounder being as good as he was at Clarkson.

is that Filatov in your avatar?

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:2 years for Zibanejad? I'm thinking he makes it right away.

I have no doubt the kid is NHL ready on the defensive side of the game but I would like him to refine his offence before coming over so that we don't have Mike Fisher 2.0 on our hands.

That and the fact we are already forcing young talent into the lineup with Butler, Filatov, Greening, Smith, Cowen and Runbland means we could use someone with a little bit more experience up the middle.

I definitely have the old-school mindset of being extra cautious with prospects and giving them plenty of time to develop outside of the NHL.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

stempniaksen wrote:

I have no doubt the kid is NHL ready on the defensive side of the game but I would like him to refine his offence before coming over so that we don't have Mike Fisher 2.0 on our hands.

That and the fact we are already forcing young talent into the lineup with Butler, Filatov, Greening, Smith, Cowen and Runbland means we could use someone with a little bit more experience up the middle.

I definitely have the old-school mindset of being extra cautious with prospects and giving them plenty of time to develop outside of the NHL.

I agree with the logic, but then it comes back to where he has a better chance of doing that? NHL or SEL? I would say The NHL is actually the better place for him to develop his offensive side of the game. It's kind of a wierd sitaution in that sense.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I think it really depends on the team in the SEL though. Teams like Frolunda, Djugardens and wherever Runbland came from (having a mind blank) have proven to be great for young players development while a team like HV71 has been garbage at it.

I'm not gonna pretend to know anything about Djugardens depth chart, but they definitely have a track record of success. I think it would definitely be worth investigating what their plans are for him before making a concrete decision.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

stempniaksen wrote:I think it really depends on the team in the SEL though. Teams like Frolunda, Djugardens and wherever Runbland came from (having a mind blank) have proven to be great for young players development while a team like HV71 has been garbage at it.

I'm not gonna pretend to know anything about Djugardens depth chart, but they definitely have a track record of success. I think it would definitely be worth investigating what their plans are for him before making a concrete decision.

Absolutely. There is no way they should decide right now whether he should or will make the big club next year. How he does at prospect camp will be a good indication if he is head and shoulders better than the other prospects. Either way I think they should and will sign him to his entry level deal before the July 15th deadline so they can exercise every option.

I do believe playing with more tallented players over in NA or The NHL will help his offensive game more than the SEL where to do preech defense first. We'll see though, I'm not expert on player development in Sweden, that's for sure.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

stempniaksen wrote:1. Jared Cowen (Most all-around potential of any of our dmen) - Next year
2. David Runbland (Very special talent, I anticipate will hit a minor snag in NA) - Next year
3. Robin Lehner (Most important Sens prospect, bar none) - 2 years
4. Mika Zibanejad (Top F prospect, looks like a real nice/safe complimentary piece) - 2 years
5. Patrick Wiercioch (Hit a snag this year, still more top end potential than F's) - 2 years
6. Matt Puempel (Huge scoring potential, on-ice game screams Heatley except that he doesn't seem like a douche) - 3 years
7. Stefan Noesen (I don't see the same upside as Puempel, but talent is there) - 3 years
8. Andre Petersson (One of our only F prospect with top line potential, bust factor) - 2/3 years
9. Bobby Butler (Can score, but can he do the little things right?) - Next year
10. Jakob Silverberg (Future 2nd/3rd liner, good progression) - 2 years
11. Shane Prince (Great future as a playmaking winger) - 3/4 years
12. Erik Condra (Same position as Silf, but has some pro experience) - 2 years
13. Stephane Da Costa (I haven't been impressed so far, but there's no denying talent) - Next year
14. Jim O'Brien (Bottom-six seems crowded, but he's another candidate) - 2 years
15. Kaspar Daugavins (Same situation as O'Brien, has shown scoring touch) - 2 years
16. Markus Sorensen (An unknown, Forsberg track record speaks for itself though) - 3/4 years
17. Loui Caporusso (Has declined in numbers, but raw talent is there) - 3 years
18. Mark Stone (Tearing up the WHL, could be a sleeper) - 3 years
19. Derek Grant (Huge dark horse this year, has great puck skills) - 2 years
20. Erik Gryba (I'm lower on him than most, still #5/#6 potential - 2 years
HM. Chris Wideman (Same as Gryba, but puckmover) - 3/4 years

Good report... but I disagree with one. Condra, from what I saw from him down the stretch... I predict he will be in Ottawa next year along with Butler, Greening, Z Smith. Those 4 forwards make it. Not sure what they do if Filatov does indeed play up to his skill set... someone is going... I'm thinking Regin...maybe outside chance of Foligno.. but I hope not.
I hope the energy and enthusiam that Butler, Condra, Greening, Z Smith has will rub off on Filatov.. and he will feel like he is a welcome part of a team... not an outsider as I'm sure he felt in Columbus.
Imagine a former teammate... Umberger on Twitter saying it was good to see them get a 3rd round pick for him and that they are a better team now.... CLASSLESS... just lost all respect for Umberger.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Exactly. He won't go back to Sweden and tear it up, no chance. Also, if he is in NA they can always send him down to Bingo if they think he needs to improve in some area's before he is ready.

He has a contract in the SEL... so if he doesn't make the NHL... I assume he HAS to go back to Sweden... don't know if he would qualify to go to Bingo next season.... if not, it will be the year after.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

sandysensfan wrote:

He has a contract in the SEL... so if he doesn't make the NHL... I assume he HAS to go back to Sweden... don't know if he would qualify to go to Bingo next season.... if not, it will be the year after.

I don't know the rules but I assume if het gets demoted 1/2 way through the season he's allowed to play in Bingo.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

stempniaksen wrote:

I just don't see a difference in refining offense here as opposed to refining it in Sweden. If anything his game is suited for NA ice anyway.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

I just don't see a difference in refining offense here as opposed to refining it in Sweden. If anything his game is suited for NA ice anyway.

Basically how I see it too. Sens will do what's best, so we'll see.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can see Zib playing 3rd line C here next year. Why not...we have Cameron, Reeds and MacLean himself to teach him - and Kleinendorst in Bingo if he gets sent down. Can't really beat that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum