GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
Flo The Action
jawal
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
TheAvatar
sandysensfan
wprager
shabbs
Hoags
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 12]

121Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:02 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Do we really want to see Ramsey as an "analyst" on TSN next year?

122Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:50 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

who the hell do they have besides Ramsay and MacT? Disturbing news about Mac-T and Muller not being able to get jobs.

123Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:55 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:who the hell do they have besides Ramsay and MacT? Disturbing news about Mac-T and Muller not being able to get jobs.

Claude Noel the 1st.

Ha.

124Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:01 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Coach of the former Manitoba Moose?

125Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:34 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not sure what qualifies the news of Muller and MacT not landing head coaching jobs as "disturbing".

126Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:57 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

What jersey will the Winnipeg draft pick don?

127Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:02 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I'm not sure what qualifies the news of Muller and MacT not landing head coaching jobs as "disturbing".

disturbing because these guys have a solid reputation and would have been predicted choices for several teams looking for a coach....that the fact after interviews, the GMs are clearly seeing something that's not sealing it for them is in fact disturbing to know. We're not talking about some slack jawed yokel here, these guys were number one on many lists.

128Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:What jersey will the Winnipeg draft pick don?

A generic NHL jersey

129Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:05 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:What jersey will the Winnipeg draft pick don?

A generic NHL jersey

How awesome would it be if they put the debate over branding to rest by handing their pick a vintage Jets jersey? That would be amazing.

130Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
disturbing because these guys have a solid reputation and would have been predicted choices for several teams looking for a coach....that the fact after interviews, the GMs are clearly seeing something that's not sealing it for them is in fact disturbing to know. We're not talking about some slack jawed yokel here, these guys were number one on many lists.

MacTavish is overrated, I'm not sure why he had so much hype.

As for Muller as much as I liked he has very little head coaching experience, he should be looking for an AHL head coaching position. If he can lead a team into the post season and beyond he'd get taken more seriously.

131Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just give them a used Thrashers jersey for now. Maybe an old Heater one off eBay.

132Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:13 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:

As for Muller as much as I liked he has very little head coaching experience, he should be looking for an AHL head coaching position. If he can lead a team into the post season and beyond he'd get taken more seriously.

Mac-T for all intents and purposes *had* that minny job nailed down. he also had a very positive interview with Ottawa. And after getting so close to two jobs, he goes for a third and gets passed up again.

Muller.......no idea? All I know is Garrioch reported that he doesn't interview well.

133Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
Mac-T for all intents and purposes *had* that minny job nailed down. he also had a very positive interview with Ottawa. And after getting so close to two jobs, he goes for a third and gets passed up again.

Muller.......no idea? All I know is Garrioch reported that he doesn't interview well.

Maybe MacT refused to work with Cameron ? Laugh1 I think MacLean's Red Wings pedigree was the tipping point. Murray wants to implement a winning culture, I'll take the Wings over the Oilers.

There must be something wrong with MacT if he lost out to Mike Yeo.

As for Muller, the interviewing sounds like lack of experience. I sucked at my first interviews way back as well Nod

A lot of teams are trying to find the 'next great coach' rather than picking the guy with the most experience.

134Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:19 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:

I still don't know why this is disturbing. There are only 30 head coaching jobs, and only a few were available this summer. These guys are still smart hockey guys and will undoubtedly be able to continue their coaching careers, but just not as head coaches yet.

135Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:54 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

so apparently winnipeg is going to name head coach and team name this weekend. BUT....at the draft, they will be using a generic NHL logo jersey so no team name to be announced then.

If a team name is chosen, it most likely does not debut without a design or jersey. And they couldn't push it to at least announce it for Friday? That's pretty stupid.

136Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:24 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They should've had the team name and jersey ready to go, and they could've unveiled it at the draft. Would've been cool.

137Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:35 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:They should've had the team name and jersey ready to go, and they could've unveiled it at the draft. Would've been cool.

Exactly. How ridiculous to have a future Winnipeg player don an NHL jersey? and what banner will flyto represent winnipeg?

138Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 9 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:38 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:They should've had the team name and jersey ready to go, and they could've unveiled it at the draft. Would've been cool.

Why would they wait til the weekend ?

"The Winnipeg Anonymous are pleased to select ..."

Are they going up all night playing rock paper scissors to finalize the name after they are done with the draft ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum