GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CCF Game One: Binghamton at Houston: 8:35PM Friday, May 27, 2011

+9
Ev
shabbs
TheAvatar
sandysensfan
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:
No NO! Big EV has to do it!

Laugh1 And he will.

No it has to go 5 games... ROAD TRIP TO BINGO June 4th. Ultimate Tours.. not sure if details are up yet.. but that is the day. Trying for 2 busloads of fans this time.

Last one was a blast.

RedScarfUnion tweeted it right after Houston won. They didn't have any details yet, of course, but they will be going.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Here's the latest tweet on it: http://twitter.com/#!/redscarfunion/status/73438843927408640

@Crazy_Canuck_ oh! Most definitly going to be a #bingobus! Just working on the details!

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Hope they're not Rusty tonight....history dictates that teams which finish very early in their conference finals usually stink up the joint in the finals.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO BSENS GO!!!

CCF Game One: Binghamton at Houston: 8:35PM  Friday, May 27, 2011 - Page 2 Cc11finals_300

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We're getting raped.We're getting raped.We're getting raped.We're getting raped.We're getting raped.We're getting raped.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

^ Laugh1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Hope they're not Rusty tonight....history dictates that teams which finish very early in their conference finals usually stink up the joint in the finals.

Source? And, no, I'm not being facetious, but this is the AHL and not NHL. Is the long layoff really that much of an issue?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Fewer than 500 tickets remaining for game 3 next Wednesday. Not bad for a mid-week game.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:Hope they're not Rusty tonight....history dictates that teams which finish very early in their conference finals usually stink up the joint in the finals.

Source? And, no, I'm not being facetious, but this is the AHL and not NHL. Is the long layoff really that much of an issue?

I still remember the Sens having to wait 9 days to start against the Ducks in '07.

Muckler said after the finals that he should have gotten them all out of town for a few days.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They're pumped as they take the ice apparently. This is it boys, you can do it!

This was in the Sun, good read:

http://www.lfpress.com/sports/hockey/2011/05/26/18197611.html

TORONTO -- There will be a familiar showdown between the pipes when the Houston Aeros and the Binghamton Senators take to the ice for Game 1 of the Calder Cup Finals on Friday.

Senators rookie Robin Lehner and Aeros freshman Matt Hackett are only a year removed from facing each other in the Ontario Hockey League playoffs, where Hackett's Plymouth Whalers disposed of Lehner's Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds in five games in the first round.

It was a disappointing end to a spectacular campaign for Lehner -- his first and last in the Soo -- for the Swedish netminder, who posted a 2.80 goals- against average, .918 save percentage with five shutouts in the regular season, but struggled in the post-season and finished with a 4.29 GAA and .874 SP.

A sub-par end to the season didn't carry over to Lehner's first pro campaign in the American League, as he was solid backing up starter Barry Brust for a majority of the regular season before taking the reigns after the Senators went down 3-1 to the Manchester Monarchs in Round 1.

"I'm just trying to help him out right now," Lehner said of the goalie situation after Game 7. "This is what happens, you need a team with two good goalies, and we have that. If I don't play good, he's ready to jump in there."

Although Brust deserves credit for getting Binghamton into the playoffs, including an 18-7-2 run with a 2.22 GAA and .931 SP to close out the season, Lehner's been a wall since taking over.

The 6-foot-4, 224-pound Lehner stood tall as Binghamton needed three straight overtime wins to prevail over Manchester, before shutting down the powerhouse Portland Pirates and finally, sweeping away the Charlotte Checkers.

It's an impressive run for a team that is playing in the post-season for the first time since the lockout and wasn't expected to make much noise, let alone advance to the championship series for the first time in franchise history -- especially with a rookie goalie in net.

And Lehner, who has a 2.07 GAA and .941 SP in May, seems to be peaking just in time for a rematch with his major junior nemesis.

Unlike Lehner, Hackett has been the No. 1 man in Houston for the entirety of its playoff run, which includes series wins over Peoria, Milwaukee and -- after nearly coughing up a 3-0 lead in the series and a 2-0 advantage in Game 7 -- Hamilton.

Despite being handed the keys to the crease for the post-season, it was Hackett's stellar play in split duty during the regular season that gave management and the coaching staff the confidence to trade incumbent starter Anton Khudobin to the Boston Bruins at the trade deadline.

Hackett, who was drafted 77th overall in 2009, 31 spots after Lehner, rewarded their decision and has played in all but three games since Feb. 26, including the playoffs. Besides some up-and-down play against Hamilton in the Western Conference final, Hackett has been a rock between the pipes for the Aeros.

At 19 and 21 years old respectively, Lehner and Hackett are poised beyond their years and have a good shot to crack their respective NHL rosters next season, as both Ottawa and Minnesota have question marks in goal.

But until then, they'll line up 200 feet apart for the first time since last March in Plymouth and battle it out with an AHL championship on the line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wiercioch out, Raymond in.

P.S. Did you hear about the school explosion in Barrhaven? 18 year old kid -- lacrosse and hockey player -- died from injuries sustained in an explosion in shop class. Horrible new.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Wiercioch out, Raymond in.

P.S. Did you hear about the school explosion in Barrhaven? 18 year old kid -- lacrosse and hockey player -- died from injuries sustained in an explosion in shop class. Horrible new.

It's terrible. He showed no vitals at the scene, was revived at hospital, but lost the fight last night. They were making bbqs out of old oil drums and the vapours inside a drum that used to hold peppermint oil ignited on a spark. I don't think anyone else was seriously injured.

I can't imagine what the teacher is going through right now, let alone Eric Leighton's (the boy that died) family.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hobiesens wrote:
wprager wrote:

I still remember the Sens having to wait 9 days to start against the Ducks in '07.

Muckler said after the finals that he should have gotten them all out of town for a few days.

The Sens had ONE scoring line and once they were shut down.. nobody picked up the slack.

B-Sens appear deep in scoring on 2 or 3 lines anyway. So Houston will have to pick which line they will key on.

Also the layoff hopefully has Schira back on D.

Has anyone seen the lineup for tonight?

Or know of a stream?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

stream should be easier to get hopefully as the calder finals are broadcast on NHL network. Probably easy to find on myp2p.

EDIT: Created a thread for all Bhaven High school Blast discussion. Let's keep this thread free of any further discussion on the blast.

Last edited by Michallica on Fri May 27, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:stream should be easier to get hopefully as the calder finals are broadcast on NHL network. Probably easy to find on myp2p.

As for Eric Leighton, very tragic. I decided to drive by mother theresa last night around 8 pm and saw many students there gathered and sobbing. At this point the news report was that he was still alive, but I had a very bad feeling that something had gone wrong. Of course, you put two and two together and about an hour later it was announced that he had passed on.

R.I.P. That school has had its share of tragedies over the last year.

That accident yesterday is very tragic. Being a parent, I can't imagine the grief and despair his family is going through. Sounded like a great young kid. May he RIP.

According to the schedule as shown on my TV Guide the AHL final is not on NHL Network.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

nvm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

http://gobarbra.com/hit/new-d7eada2c413b72e0af2a0fdd96fdc364

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

I have read on the AHL site that Houston is a very physical team.

So you know they will target our top scorers... let's hope they can handle it.

42 Celcius in Houston with humidity. Ice will be crap... certainly does not benefit the B-Sens.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum