GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which rookie (or non-established player) will have the biggest impact for the Sens next year?

+6
Ev
tim1_2
Hoags
sandysensfan
spader
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Greening. 15-20 goal guy who plays 3rd line minutes. He's the man.

He was on pace for 20 goals or whatever, but he was playing top 6 minutes. If he plays 3rd line minutes we'll have to temper our expectations in a big way offensively.

I'm a big fan of Greening's though, I think he could become the best NHLer out of all the youngsters - perhaps minus Silfverberg and perhaps Butler, but he brings a mix of skill, size, smarts and speed that make him quite tantalizing.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Greening. 15-20 goal guy who plays 3rd line minutes. He's the man.

He was on pace for 20 goals or whatever, but he was playing top 6 minutes. If he plays 3rd line minutes we'll have to temper our expectations in a big way offensively.

I'm a big fan of Greening's though, I think he could become the best NHLer out of all the youngsters - perhaps minus Silfverberg and perhaps Butler, but he brings a mix of skill, size, smarts and speed that make him quite tantalizing.

Size and speed. Not sure what you mean by smarts -- what has he done to show it? Also, how is his skill? Speed and size is certainly great, plus he's got a booming shot, I think. But how's his skill (skating agility, stick handling, shot accuracy)?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Size and speed. Not sure what you mean by smarts -- what has he done to show it? Also, how is his skill? Speed and size is certainly great, plus he's got a booming shot, I think. But how's his skill (skating agility, stick handling, shot accuracy)?

I equate smarts to being at the right place at the right time and making good, solid plays - and I can't recall Greening having too many turnovers or being in the wrong place too much.

His skill is probably middle of the road, but when combined with the size, speed and smarts, you get a 15-20 goal guy eventually (hopefully).

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

I equate smarts to being at the right place at the right time and making good, solid plays - and I can't recall Greening having too many turnovers or being in the wrong place too much.

His skill is probably middle of the road, but when combined with the size, speed and smarts, you get a 15-20 goal guy eventually (hopefully).

Both he and Condra seem to have a good hockey sense. Most of the goals that both of them scored came off rebounds that they found on their sticks. To me, that demonstrates hockey smarts too.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

dennycrane wrote:Sadly my first thought was Butler but in a negative way. He could be put in a role he is not ready for and buckle under the pressure that comes early in a season. He could require a stretch in the minors to regain confidence like so many in their first full year.

I still think he is a good prospect but he is far from a lock at as a 25 goal man at this point of his career.

There should not be any pressure on these young guys next year. They probably won't make the playoffs. It's a rebuild so let the young guys play. It's about getting these guys experience.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

He also has made some good defensive plays... so he should be a good two-way forward. Not elite.. but steady.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:
He also has made some good defensive plays... so he should be a good two-way forward. Not elite.. but steady.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I think he'll be damn good for us - hopefully next year, I don't really see why not with the exception of a possible decrease in ice time.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To be honest I don't consider Greening and Condra "youngsters". They're like 25 already.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:To be honest I don't consider Greening and Condra "youngsters". They're like 25 already.

Yeah, that's a big consideration.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

hard not to say Butler, but once Kuba gets traded, its going to be Gryba IMO

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Butler without a doubt. The least we see from him is 20 goals if put on the first line and barring injury. I think he ends up a 30 goal scorer.

If rundblad makes the team straight from the get go he could impress loads o think. He had better numbers then karlsson had in Sweden and although that doesn't mean much since they're not the same type of off-D, if he sees time on the PP we might be pleasantly surprised.

I think Cowen will need time to adjust.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:hard not to say Butler, but once Kuba gets traded, its going to be Gryba IMO
Eyebrow Interesting...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum