GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward?

+5
Hoags
LeCaptain
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward?

POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward? Vote_lcap236%POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward? Vote_rcap2 36% [ 5 ]
POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward? Vote_lcap20%POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward? Vote_lcap27%POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward? Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward? Vote_lcap229%POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward? Vote_rcap2 29% [ 4 ]
POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward? Vote_lcap214%POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward? Vote_rcap2 14% [ 2 ]
POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward? Vote_lcap20%POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward? Vote_lcap27%POLL: Which player will have the biggest impact at forward? Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

By biggest impact, I mean which player will step up and contribute more offensively than we all think?

I'm not talking about an 80 point season, I'm just talking about the kind of positive impact Condra, Smith and Greening had last year.

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I voted for "other."

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You should have left "Other" out of it, since guys like Spezza, Michalek, and Alfie are likely to have a bigger impact than any of these guys.

Anyways, in the spirit of the poll, I went with Greening. He's my man-crush.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:You should have left "Other" out of it, since guys like Spezza, Michalek, and Alfie are likely to have a bigger impact than any of these guys.

Anyways, in the spirit of the poll, I went with Greening. He's my man-crush.

I'll take it out then, this wasn't meant for the vets to be included.

EDIT: Couldn't do it.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Where's Regin?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

La Femme wrote:Where's Regin?

Fine, I'll put Regin and Foligno on Laugh1

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I put Filatov, he can potentially make the "biggest impact"

I'm hoping Paul MacLean photocopied the Pavel Datsyuk chapter from the Detroit Red Wings manual before he came to Ottawa FingersCrossed

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I was torn between Greening and Butler, went with Greening. I think he might have a big chance in the top 6 this season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I just don't see Greening as top-six, not yet. Butler, for sure -- he'll get a chance at top-six based on last year. Filatov, too. Doesn't leave much room unless you are a possible 2C because the top-4 wingers are Alfredsson, Michalek, Filatov and Butler.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:I just don't see Greening as top-six, not yet. Butler, for sure -- he'll get a chance at top-six based on last year. Filatov, too. Doesn't leave much room unless you are a possible 2C because the top-4 wingers are Alfredsson, Michalek, Filatov and Butler.
Agreed. Greening will be a bottom-6 player for sure barring something drastic happening in the top 6 like injuries etc...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:I just don't see Greening as top-six, not yet. Butler, for sure -- he'll get a chance at top-six based on last year. Filatov, too. Doesn't leave much room unless you are a possible 2C because the top-4 wingers are Alfredsson, Michalek, Filatov and Butler.
Agreed. Greening will be a bottom-6 player for sure barring something drastic happening in the top 6 like injuries etc...

I really don't think we can say anything for sure. Greening is a big body who's the fastest skater on the team, won't be intimidated and loves to crash the net. If not him, then it'll be Michalek - which is fair, but there's no reason it can't be Greening. Especially considering it's Paul McLean who has a lot of experience with guys like Holmstrom and Franzen being effective. Maybe it'll only be on the PP, but I'm confident he'll use Greening with Spezza numerous times during the season.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

There is going to be a ton of things tried all year long especially if the team struggles. If I was a betting man (which I am) I would also say Greening is a 3rd line type player but if a guy like Da Costa and Regin are the two he is playing with, or even a Foligno, he could produce at a very respectable clip.

Seriosuly can't wait for the season to start on Sat.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:There is going to be a ton of things tried all year long especially if the team struggles. If I was a betting man (which I am) I would also say Greening is a 3rd line type player but if a guy like Da Costa and Regin are the two he is playing with, or even a Foligno, he could produce at a very respectable clip.

It could honestly go either way though. He's big and talented - he's perfectly suited on a line with say Condra and Z.Smith, but I bet he can be a top 6 at some point in his career. Might as well start when we have a skeletal top 6, right?

Just once I want to see Greening - Spezza - Michalek Diddle some Dung up though.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:There is going to be a ton of things tried all year long especially if the team struggles. If I was a betting man (which I am) I would also say Greening is a 3rd line type player but if a guy like Da Costa and Regin are the two he is playing with, or even a Foligno, he could produce at a very respectable clip.

It could honestly go either way though. He's big and talented - he's perfectly suited on a line with say Condra and Z.Smith, but I bet he can be a top 6 at some point in his career. Might as well start when we have a skeletal top 6, right?

Just once I want to see Greening - Spezza - Michalek Diddle some Dung up though.
We'll probably see it at MacLean figures out what work and what does not but it won't be regular, that was my point.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

We'll probably see it at MacLean figures out what work and what does not but it won't be regular, that was my point.

Does he become the Holmstrom I wonder? Lots of fun stuff to watch for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum