GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Portland Pirates @ Binghamton Senators, 7:05PM Monday, May 2

+10
sandysensfan
SensHulk
rooneypoo
spader
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
tim1_2
wprager
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

What are the chances of him suiting up in game 5, though. Probably not very good, and with a 3-1 lead they don't have an immediate need for reinforcements. If Bingo can close it out tonight, then he can have a couple of practices with his new team, get acclimated to the Eastern timezone, and be fresh and ready for the next round.

And if they don't win tonight then they could surely use him to win one of the remaining two games in Portland.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Probably best to get him used to his team mates a bit before throwing him into the fire too. I agree with you prages.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Probably best to get him used to his team mates a bit before throwing him into the fire too. I agree with you prages.

First thing first -- the Sens have to assign him to Binghamton. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't, and many reasons why the should, but it's not a done deal. Next, he just played out on the West coast, probably didn't get to be right away, either. And, perhaps, there's something to be said about giving the current roster a chance to finish what they'd begun.

It could be an interesting development as Schira is close to returning -- and Gryba as well, apparently. Gryba has been off for far too long (IMO) to just jump back in, but he was one of their best D-men during the regular season. Borowiecki has been steadily getting more and more minutes and has been playing well. So when the next series begins (yes, I'm jumping ahead of myself) they could have 5 or even 6 of the regulars back, plus Borowiecki and, now, Cowen. I'm not saying that Cowen will find himself on the taxi squad -- he was projected to go top-5 or better before his injury, and the top pick in Bingo is Wiercioch, who got drafted in the 2nd -- but he's going to have to work his way into that lineup.

I think the best would be if he got to the game but just watched with all the other scratches.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cowen should know a few of the guys from the last two DCs.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I misunderstood your first post I guess. I figured you were suggesting Cowen needed some rest and time to acclimate not that Bingo would likely not need him and would go with a winning line-up. Of course Cowen will need to earn his spot and will likely get in when one of the current D men falters. Of course this is all assuming he is indeed assigned to Bingo. Look at Enroth. He didn't get put in until Portland's starter got pulled. If Enroth can't crack the lineup immediately after being assigned then I don't see Cowen being handed anything either.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I misunderstood your first post I guess. I figured you were suggesting Cowen needed some rest and time to acclimate not that Bingo would likely not need him and would go with a winning line-up. Of course Cowen will need to earn his spot and will likely get in when one of the current D men falters. Of course this is all assuming he is indeed assigned to Bingo. Look at Enroth. He didn't get put in until Portland's starter got pulled. If Enroth can't crack the lineup immediately after being assigned then I don't see Cowen being handed anything either.

No, you understood me correctly. The part about knowing some people doesn't overcome the part about flying across the continent after playing a game (and probably going out for a few drinks after).

Cowen certainly has the highest potential of all the D-men currently in Bingo. He has been playing in a lower league, but he is big/strong enough and fast enough to play at a high level in the AHL. I would be somewhat disappointed if he did not step into the lineup and made an impact, but the time is not necessarily now. If he plays tonight I'm not going to cry about it, but I also will not be expecting very much. He could be a 7th defenseman for all I care.

Next series, though, different story. He *should* be able to play on the top pairing by some point.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, my tweet to @Junglejerome got read on air!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Hey, my tweet to @Junglejerome got read on air!

Cool. What was it?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Hey, my tweet to @Junglejerome got read on air!

Cool. What was it?

He tweeted: What would you like to know ? What am I supposed to do now?

and I replied: Just be yourself. It's gotten you this far, maybe this will push you over the edge.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Go B-Sens!!! GAME DAY: Portland Pirates @ Binghamton Senators, 7:05PM Monday, May 2 - Page 6 235689

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Joy is tweeting that Wiercioch is not skating, but Turner (?) is, which may imply that Wiercioch is injured. Maybe they could use Cowen tonight after all.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Joy is tweeting that Wiercioch is not skating, but Turner (?) is, which may imply that Wiercioch is injured. Maybe they could use Cowen tonight after all.

Yeah, Wiercioch was doubled over last night, I guess he's in trouble. Boo. He got a nice assist last night apparently.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wiercioch is a game-time decision. If he can't got Turner could play or they go with 5D again Facepalm

KK says that Cowen is on his way but will not play in game 5.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Wiercioch is a game-time decision. If he can't got Turner could play or they go with 5D again Facepalm

KK says that Cowen is on his way but will not play in game 5.

No worries, this is what the Sens aspire to be. They're a family down there in Bingo apparently, so if Turner has to play, they'll work as a unit to overcome it, same if they go with 5 D, they'll overcome it.

This is why KK is so attractive to me as a coach, he has them believing in each other.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

KK certainly has done a lot with this roster to get them into the playoffs when most of their best players were in Ottawa.
Then in the playoffs when 4 of their regular D were injured, along with their #1 goalie.
Question is, will the Sens even consider bringing him up -- or would they prefer he stays where he is to properly develop these young men.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum