GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The long investigation that led to the new sponsorship rules

+16
SensHulk
Madillio
Riprock
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
stempniaksen
Ev
spader
NEELY
shabbs
wprager
Oglethorpe
22_4_ever
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

I just re-checked the original email Hemlock sent me, Wprager:

Under one IP, there is 1 Guest, 5 Notch aliases, CR, and SS.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Dash wrote:I can't tell if you are trying to argue for or against the notion that Notch and Roche are or are not one in the same?
Heh. I'm just pointing out that IP addresses can be manipulated...

I'm aware of that. But I've also seen the results of a search on one post that shows the IP in question was used by all of Notch's old accounts, by CR, and by SS. We're talking about a colossal coincidence, if that's what it is.

What's more likely -- that CR works in the same building with or shares an apartment with him, which would explain that kind of result? or that they're one and the same?

I have no doubt that Notch / CR / SS uses something like you are talking about, which allows him to manipulate IP info. What happened is that he re-used one of those IPs, which in turn left a trail connecting each alias to the other.

Or so I gather. I really don't pretend to understand any of this techno stuff.
I haven't seen the evidence so I can't really comment... the owners of the site have indicated that there is other evidence beyond the IP address info that they used to base their decision on and I defer to them in that regard. Madillio pointing to two posts made within a minute of each other by two of the mentioned accounts using different IP addresses is not clear evidence that they are different people, nor is it clear evidence that they are the same person, as demonstrated by me. The exact same IP address showing up across all three accounts certainly is suspicious.

More than 3 accounts, Shabbs -- about 7-8 in total -- 5-6 known Notch accounts, plus CR's account, plus SS's account. You will remember that immediately after Notch was banned, he came back in quick succession with 4-5 other Notch variations. Well, all those Notch aliases, plus CR and SS, posted using the same IP address.

The odds on this being a coincidence, I'm told, are astronomical.

Again, please don't misstate facts. Right now there are *4* old Notch accounts:
notch_4077
notch77
notch
notch4077

Many other ones were deleted, resulting in a lost trail.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
Dash wrote:I guess I am one to give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to things like this. One, I had no issue with the member known as CockRoche. Second, the only problem I can see was not how this member behaved, but how other members went out of their way to have him banned.

You realize giving him the benefit of the doubt is just ignoring all the evidence, right? Like Rooney said, the odds are that of the chance of winning the lotto. The guy played a lot of you for fools and you are still buying it. He literally lied about being someone (who again, was an instructor on ice when I was a kid, in Lindsey, ON and knew it was BS from the very begining) just so he could earn an instant rep that was all BS.

Rooney himself admitted (wisely) that he was not an expert in such matters. So why would you use his "testimony" to prove your point? One of the admins pointed out a member whose list of used IP addesses went much further than anyone else's. He thought it was suspicious, but it could very simply be that he posts using his mobile device, and he happens to be on the move a lot. Or he's using an anonymizing service -- lots of people do that to bypass various restrictions (such as streaming content from NBC.com, for example).

Rooney himself was quite surprised when I showed him the number of IP addresses he has used, as he expected that number to be quite low.

The IP "evidence", in and of itself, proves absolutely nothing because it is circumstantial.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'm going based on what I know and what Rooney has relayed to me.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I find it raaaaaaaaather suspicious that CockRoche stopped posting once Neely signed up. Interesting. Thinking

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:I find it raaaaaaaaather suspicious that CockRoche stopped posting once Neely signed up. Interesting. Thinking

That would be the ultimate personality split.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I find it raaaaaaaaather suspicious that CockRoche stopped posting once Neely signed up. Interesting. The long investigation that led to the new sponsorship rules - Page 7 663118

Kaiser Soze The long investigation that led to the new sponsorship rules - Page 7 432129

NEELY

Mod
Mod

marakh wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I find it raaaaaaaaather suspicious that CockRoche stopped posting once Neely signed up. Interesting. The long investigation that led to the new sponsorship rules - Page 7 663118

Kaiser Soze The long investigation that led to the new sponsorship rules - Page 7 432129

I'm 100% the Soze if that's the case. CR is the cripple.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Even if Roche is Notch, so what?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:Hey, you guys made the decision based on the info you had in front of you, not me.

And did you just delete my last post? WTF?

If you are accusing me, no. I don't think I've eve deleted someone else's post. I can edit them, but can I delete them?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:Hey, you guys made the decision based on the info you had in front of you, not me.

And did you just delete my last post? WTF?

Oh, and to answer your first question, yes, the decision was made (by people above my pay grade) based on info we had which, in my opinion, was largely circumstantial.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:I just re-checked the original email Hemlock sent me, Wprager:

What are the 5 Notch aliases? I could only find 4.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, when did Neely ever come out and say he knew the real Roche?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:By the way, when did Neely ever come out and say he knew the real Roche?

Never said I knew him, I said he was an instructor at a camp I was at in 97.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:By the way, when did Neely ever come out and say he knew the real Roche?

Rooney said you knew him, earlier.

wprager wrote:

The ones you listed above and 4077notch

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

This is what I have:

IP address for this post
99.250.69.175 [ 8 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]
Users posting from this IP address
Guest [ 547 Posts ] Find all posts by Guest
notch77 [ 10 Posts ] Find all posts by notch77
notch_4077 [ 8 Posts ] Find all posts by notch_4077
4077notch [ 7 Posts ] Find all posts by 4077notch
notch4077 [ 3 Posts ] Find all posts by notch4077
notch [ 2 Posts ] Find all posts by notch
Straight Shooter [ 1 Post ] Find all posts by Straight Shooter
CockRoche [ 1 Post ] Find all posts by CockRoche

And I count 5 Notch aliases, plus guest, pus CR & SS. If I had to guess, the "Guest" account is probably Cloverleaf or one of the deleted Notch accounts, but that's just a guess.

Last edited by rooneypoo on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:34 am; edited 2 times in total

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Rooney said you knew him, earlier.

Knew him, went to camp with him. All I know is N4L asked a pretty simple question that CR couldn't answer, & which the real Roche should have been able to answer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum