GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Real Jersey Rules

+4
wprager
Riprock
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Real Jersey Rules Empty The Real Jersey Rules Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:03 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

OK so, poor Clutchie (ie Me) has been burned for breaking a long standing rule regarding Jerseys. I put a nickname on my Jersey.

I thought as a collective we could maybe come up with some rules. I like what Devo brought up.

If you're going to wear a Jersey to a game at least wear one that belongs to one of the two teams playing in that building on that night.

Come on GMH members. What else you got?

- Unknown Author

2The Real Jersey Rules Empty Re: The Real Jersey Rules Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:OK so, poor Clutchie (ie Me) has been burned for breaking a long standing rule regarding Jerseys. I put a nickname on my Jersey.

I thought as a collective we could maybe come up with some rules. I like what Devo brought up.

If you're going to wear a Jersey to a game at least wear one that belongs to one of the two teams playing in that building on that night.

Come on GMH members. What else you got?

There's more?

3The Real Jersey Rules Empty Re: The Real Jersey Rules Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:07 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How's this for a rule. Don't wear a Leafs or Habs Jersey hmmmm...
Ever? Ok Ok. Don't wear it around me?

- Unknown Author

4The Real Jersey Rules Empty Re: The Real Jersey Rules Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:45 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well, I am wearing my red Team Canada jersey tomorrow night... with NASH on the back!!!! I am hoping for a Sens win, but will be cheering Nash on. Does that break any jersey rules? Too bad if it does Razz

5The Real Jersey Rules Empty Re: The Real Jersey Rules Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:27 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The red Maple Leaf gets a bye. Normally I would say wearing the jersey of a team that's not playing (especially a rival of the home team) is gauche, but wearing a National Team jersey bearing the name of one of your favorite players, who just happens to be in town and is playing, well that's a different matter. Especially when it's Team Canada.

6The Real Jersey Rules Empty Re: The Real Jersey Rules Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:The red Maple Leaf gets a bye. Normally I would say wearing the jersey of a team that's not playing (especially a rival of the home team) is gauche, but wearing a National Team jersey bearing the name of one of your favorite players, who just happens to be in town and is playing, well that's a different matter. Especially when it's Team Canada.

Agreed. No rules broken on that one.

- Unknown Author

7The Real Jersey Rules Empty Re: The Real Jersey Rules Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:12 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Phew. I'm stoked for the game tonight, would love to have gotten closer seats to see Nash dangle close-up, but whatchagonnado.

I want to see the Sens win, but would love to see Nash light it up at the same time. How about 10-9 Sens, Nash with 3 hatties lol?

8The Real Jersey Rules Empty Re: The Real Jersey Rules Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:22 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Phew. I'm stoked for the game tonight, would love to have gotten closer seats to see Nash dangle close-up, but whatchagonnado.

I want to see the Sens win, but would love to see Nash light it up at the same time. How about 10-9 Sens, Nash with 3 hatties lol?

Sure. Can we put Mike Brodeur in so it doesn't screw with Elliotts GAA and Save %?

- Unknown Author

9The Real Jersey Rules Empty Re: The Real Jersey Rules Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:32 am

Michael Fisher Portnoy II

Michael Fisher Portnoy II
Rookie
Rookie

Agreed. No rules broken there. I am also okay if you wear a jersey of a player in said game. For example... If i wore a Sens HOSSA jersey to tonight's Hawks/Sharks game - I think that would be okay, as you are there supporting the player. That's a pretty fuzzy line though...

On a side note, you will never see better crowd jerseys than in Buffalo. They love their players whole-heartedly... no band wagoners there. I went to the first Winter Classic and saw the following... a Dick Smehlik, a Barrasso, several Lafontaines (awesome), a Miro Satan, and ... wait for it....

a Darren Puppa. I have pics to prove.

http://www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

10The Real Jersey Rules Empty Re: The Real Jersey Rules Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:12 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I've seen a couple of postings for free tickets here in the last few weeks. Well, if anyone's got tickets to give away, I'm your man Smile (I'm good like that; always willing to help)

mouahhahahah Smile

11The Real Jersey Rules Empty Re: The Real Jersey Rules Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:14 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Tonight's going to be awesome, this is the first time I get to see Columbus play live (2nd favorite team)

wooo 300-level balcony seats.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

12The Real Jersey Rules Empty Re: The Real Jersey Rules Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:25 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

M_Christopher wrote:Tonight's going to be awesome, this is the first time I get to see Columbus play live (2nd favorite team)

Keep your eyes peeled for Apollo 69... I hear he's a trouble maker...

Wink

13The Real Jersey Rules Empty Re: The Real Jersey Rules Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:34 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:Tonight's going to be awesome, this is the first time I get to see Columbus play live (2nd favorite team)

Wink

haha i heard he likes to show off his hairy areas The Real Jersey Rules 432129

14The Real Jersey Rules Empty Re: The Real Jersey Rules Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

M_Christopher wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Hey it worked against the Caps. Wink

- Unknown Author

15The Real Jersey Rules Empty Re: The Real Jersey Rules Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:40 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Hey it worked against the Caps. Wink
Makes sense, what ever keeps the team winning.

I've stopped wearing my black jersey because the sens always lose when I wear it.

So tonight go hairy balls and goodbye black jersey

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum