GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The long investigation that led to the new sponsorship rules

+16
SensHulk
Madillio
Riprock
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
stempniaksen
Ev
spader
NEELY
shabbs
wprager
Oglethorpe
22_4_ever
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Madillio

Prospect
Prospect

Let me delete my account for you then. once i figure out how, it is done.Usually it get done for me. Bahahhahahahahahahaha. just wanted to get the truth out there though before i left once again.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, SS is Notch, but SS isn't CR, and so Notch isn't CR. Uh huh. This in spite of the fact that they both show up on the exact same place on the member locator (Newmarket) and have posted from the same IP addresses. The two accounts have been closely linked in a number of ways, & I don't think that's under debate any more.

If Notch isn't aware he's CR, each of you needs to get to a psychiatrist because you've got a multiple personality problem that your both unaware of.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Just to be politically correct Rooney, it's now known as dissociative identity disorder Sarcasm

And this could all be a simple misunderstanding where Roche was an unofrtunate casualty.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Just to be politically correct Rooney, it's now known as dissociative identity disorder Sarcasm

And this could all be a simple misunderstanding where Roche was an unofrtunate casualty.

Oops, my bad. Sad

As for you final point, I think it highly, highly unlikely. There's quite a bit of info that puts the two accounts in the same physical location. The only other explanation would be that Notch and Roche are either co-workers or roommates.

I don't pretend to understand the technical side; all I know is that people who understand these matters far better than I do have examined everything, and most or all of them agree that there was something extremely suspicious about CR's and SS's accounts. Hemlock can speak to the odds against this sort of thing being a coincidence.

If you ask me, Notch spent months building up this character, & he's noticed that it has some traction with a few remaining members. He's trying to exploit that. That's all.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Check this out... this post will be from one IP address...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And this one from a different one... and a different country... by the same ID... how is this possible?

IT'S AMAZING.

You just need to know what you are doing...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Admins can verify that if they like... I don't have access to the IP tool @ GMHockey.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I can't tell if you are trying to argue for or against the notion that Notch and Roche are or are not one in the same?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:I can't tell if you are trying to argue for or against the notion that Notch and Roche are or are not one in the same?
Heh. I'm just pointing out that IP addresses can be manipulated...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I think the sadder part is that this madillio clown got an account setup on this website....how? I thought we were doing a sponsorship thingy? FAIL

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:I think the sadder part is that this madillio clown got an account setup on this website....how? I thought we were doing a sponsorship thingy? FAIL
Heh heh. True.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Dash wrote:I can't tell if you are trying to argue for or against the notion that Notch and Roche are or are not one in the same?

I'm aware of that. But I've also seen the results of a search on one post that shows the IP in question was used by all of Notch's old accounts, by CR, and by SS. We're talking about a colossal coincidence, if that's what it is.

What's more likely -- that CR works in the same building with or shares an apartment with him, which would explain that kind of result? or that they're one and the same?

I have no doubt that Notch / CR / SS uses something like you are talking about, which allows him to manipulate IP info. What happened is that he re-used one of those IPs, which in turn left a trail connecting each alias to the other.

Or so I gather. I really don't pretend to understand any of this techno stuff.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The long investigation that led to the new sponsorship rules - Page 4 1y60x2

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:

I'm aware of that. But I've also seen the results of a search on one post that shows the IP in question was used by all of Notch's old accounts, by CR, and by SS. We're talking about a colossal coincidence, if that's what it is.

What's more likely -- that CR works in the same building with or shares an apartment with him, which would explain that kind of result? or that they're one and the same?

I have no doubt that Notch / CR / SS uses something like you are talking about, which allows him to manipulate IP info. What happened is that he re-used one of those IPs, which in turn left a trail connecting each alias to the other.

I haven't seen the evidence so I can't really comment... the owners of the site have indicated that there is other evidence beyond the IP address info that they used to base their decision on and I defer to them in that regard. Madillio pointing to two posts made within a minute of each other by two of the mentioned accounts using different IP addresses is not clear evidence that they are different people, nor is it clear evidence that they are the same person, as demonstrated by me. The exact same IP address showing up across all three accounts certainly is suspicious.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:

I haven't seen the evidence so I can't really comment... the owners of the site have indicated that there is other evidence beyond the IP address info that they used to base their decision on and I defer to them in that regard. Madillio pointing to two posts made within a minute of each other by two of the mentioned accounts using different IP addresses is not clear evidence that they are different people, nor is it clear evidence that they are the same person, as demonstrated by me. The exact same IP address showing up across all three accounts certainly is suspicious.

More than 3 accounts, Shabbs -- about 7-8 in total -- 5-6 known Notch accounts, plus CR's account, plus SS's account. You will remember that immediately after Notch was banned, he came back in quick succession with 4-5 other Notch variations. Well, all those Notch aliases, plus CR and SS, posted using the same IP address.

The odds on this being a coincidence, I'm told, are astronomical.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I just don't understand how someone can be such a loser...

Last edited by NEELY on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Wouldn't many users posting from one wireless hot spot have the same IP address? ie. Starbucks, McD's a Mall etc.....

Seems to me the correct course of action would be to err on the side of caution. It doesn't bother me if he had a million accounts. Each violation needs to be considered one by one and dealt with one by one.

What I mean here is: if the one user is being offensive and needs to be banned, then so be it. But I wouldn't ban a nick on speculation. Especially if that nick didn't offend. That's not the correct thing to do.

You guys have every right to do with your site as you will, but I have to put my hand up to say that this witch hunt doesn't sit well with me. I'm not big on drama.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:I just don't understand how someone can be such a loser... I mean, how has he not killed himself yet?

see, this to me is offensive and in poor taste....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum