GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The long investigation that led to the new sponsorship rules

+16
SensHulk
Madillio
Riprock
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
stempniaksen
Ev
spader
NEELY
shabbs
wprager
Oglethorpe
22_4_ever
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

This is a tremendously unimportant investigation, but to be fair Tuk Tuk's post revived that thread a month and a half after Tukker/TGWTM had been posting in it. Not entirely conclusive evidence there.

And yeah, like Hem said (partly), I recall a conversation where Tukker or Tuk Tuk communicated that they were nephew and uncle, and that Tukker was moving to Sweden or something for work and so wouldn't be posting here any more.

If Tukker didn't say he was an ex-NHLer on here, then he definitely did on HB, and I don't think we have any reason to assume that the HB Tukker and the GM Tukker are different people.

At any rate, we're missing the forest for trees here. My point was, even if Tukker and Tuk Tuk are the same person, that doesn't mean we should ban him, because he's an excellent poster on here.

Roche had his annoying habits but we all do, and he was a good poster (on that account). That's the connection I was trying to draw.

That said, the PM stuff changes my position.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
asq2 wrote:Haha, I was kind of hoping it would go in this direction. Tukker was a poster on HockeyBuzz (HB) and one of the more frequent posters here in the early days of the site. Look up "Tukker's Best of Franchise Series," for example.

He definitely was - or claimed to be - Christian Robert Godfrey. That's even a profile under the "Fighting Montagoose Sighting Society" facebook group. Maybe he (Tukker) is that person but that person wasn't an ex-NHLer; I don't know.

He also left the site as Tuk Tuk joined. So maybe they're the same person. The point is, I don't really care either way. And obviously no one has any intention of banning Tuk Tuk for masquerading as someone else, if that's what he did, because he's a quality poster and an established member of the community.

Now, I'm not sure how Roche is a different situation.

Ah, now it's beginning to ring a bell. However the last I see of Tukker on HB is Oct. 22 2007. Tuk Tuk registered here in the summer of '09. You are way off on your timing.

When Tukker came here we went through a phase of changing his userid -- at one point it was The Guy With The Mustache. By the time he had that particular handle Tuk Tuk was already a member here. This particular thread was started by Tukker when he was TGWTM (as can be observed from a little exchange by 'Guest' and DTR):
http://www.gmhockey.com/t2358-favourite-bob-dylan-song

You will notice that Tuk Tuk posts in that thread as well.

I could have sworn that Tuk Tuk told me that Tukker was his uncle.

I'm telling you, tukker added me on FB a few years ago when I first joined here, and his name is GOdfrey and when you look at his friends list (easy, there'S only 5 people), you can see another guy named tukker there who is a musician and looks like a teenager. Pretty sure it's tuk tuk, from the pictures he posted here a while back.
I think you're in there too PRages The long investigation that led to the new sponsorship rules - Page 10 54934 (in the friends list)

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:This is a tremendously unimportant investigation, but to be fair Tuk Tuk's post revived that thread a month and a half after Tukker/TGWTM had been posting in it. Not entirely conclusive evidence there.

And yeah, like Hem said (partly), I recall a conversation where Tukker or Tuk Tuk communicated that they were nephew and uncle, and that Tukker was moving to Sweden or something for work and so wouldn't be posting here any more.

If Tukker didn't say he was an ex-NHLer on here, then he definitely did on HB, and I don't think we have any reason to assume that the HB Tukker and the GM Tukker are different people.

At any rate, we're missing the forest for trees here. My point was, even if Tukker and Tuk Tuk are the same person, that doesn't mean we should ban him, because he's an excellent poster on here.

Roche had his annoying habits but we all do, and he was a good poster (on that account). That's the connection I was trying to draw.

That said, the PM stuff changes my position.

With all this talk back I'm beginning to think we should ban you... asq2... or is that asq3... Or even Asquaredx2????

But seriously don't leave, I'll be quiet and behave myself.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

OK, doing a little searching I can't find the exact quote/conversation but there is a post by DTR at the bottom of the below thread that states that Tukker is Tuk Tuk's uncle. I don't think he, Hem, and I could all be imagining this.

http://www.gmhockey.com/t3492-pens-sign-skoula

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:With all this talk back I'm beginning to think we should ban you... asq2... or is that asq3... Or even Asquaredx2????

But seriously don't leave, I'll be quiet and behave myself.

asq2 is just the abridged name; it's not like that's two different accounts.

I don't know who that clown asq3 was, but thankfully they banned that poster. Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:OK, doing a little searching I can't find the exact quote/conversation but there is a post by DTR at the bottom of the below thread that states that Tukker is Tuk Tuk's uncle. I don't think he, Hem, and I could all be imagining this.

Oh, boy Facepalm

I think allowing people to change their names willy-nilly (not anymore) really screwed things up. Tuk Tuk went by the handle "Big T" earlier. Tukker went through several incarnations (one of the more memorable ones being "The Guy With the Mustache". 504 Heater became Spez Dispenser. Neely/N4L/Nelly4Life/NEELY (although one of those may be from HB). Elliott Rules became Lethal Lehner (and was he Emery Rules before?)

And I know I'm probably only scratching the surface here.

asq2 wrote:OK, doing a little searching I can't find the exact quote/conversation but there is a post by DTR at the bottom of the below thread that states that Tukker is Tuk Tuk's uncle. I don't think he, Hem, and I could all be imagining this.

Tuk Tuk told me in PM that Tukker was his uncle. This is becoming more clear now that the name Christian Robert Godfrey has come up. I remember that being on HB though that Tukker made that claim, no?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't know why Marakh said Tukker = Godfrey. Doesn't make sense to me but, then again, Tukker went through many changes.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I don't know why Marakh said Tukker = Godfrey. Doesn't make sense to me but, then again, Tukker went through many changes.

Maybe it was on HB, but Tukker definitely said his real name was CR Godfrey at some point.

Again, though, I couldn't care less. It was just to prove a point.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I don't know why Marakh said Tukker = Godfrey. Doesn't make sense to me but, then again, Tukker went through many changes.

Well I don't know, he added me on FB a while ago and his friends list include the Montagoose and I think you. THen it also includes a guy named Tukker (who I assume is the nephew) who looks exactly like Tuktuk from one of the avatar he used to have.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I thought CR was claiming to be Scott Roche, a goalie who has the same birthday he posted.

I don't really care as long as people keep stuff civil, and even then, that little bit of drama was a little entertaining... And whoever notch is, or Madillia and creating all these aliases, it's just kind of sad. And I mean actually, sad, I feel bad for someone who would do that.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Now everyone on here can clearly understand why we will never knowingly allow this guy on the forum.

Consider the source when making your decision on Roche.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Now everyone on here can clearly understand why we will never knowingly allow this guy on the forum.

Consider the source when making your decision on Roche.

Hahaha, exactly! All the sudden this guy becomes a hollier than tho and says "guys, I know I know, I'm a Richard and deserved to be kicked off, but this CR guy is LEGIT! I swear, don't ban him". Hahaha.

Good call.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:

Oh, boy Facepalm

I think allowing people to change their names willy-nilly (not anymore) really screwed things up. Tuk Tuk went by the handle "Big T" earlier. Tukker went through several incarnations (one of the more memorable ones being "The Guy With the Mustache". 504 Heater became Spez Dispenser. Neely/N4L/Nelly4Life/NEELY (although one of those may be from HB). Elliott Rules became Lethal Lehner (and was he Emery Rules before?)

And I know I'm probably only scratching the surface here.

Hehe, I think we need to start a family tree esk thing so everyone can follow each other's name changes. HappyDance1

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:Yeah, SS is Notch, but SS isn't CR, and so Notch isn't CR. Uh huh. This in spite of the fact that they both show up on the exact same place on the member locator (Newmarket) and have posted from the same IP addresses. The two accounts have been closely linked in a number of ways, & I don't think that's under debate any more.

If Notch isn't aware he's CR, each of you needs to get to a psychiatrist because you've got a multiple personality problem that your both unaware of.

You do realize you're talking to yourself right? Notch/Madillo/whatever has been banned already.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Even if Roche is Notch, so what?

I think that question was just answered with the Madillo posts. The guy doesn't deserve an account on here.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Yeah, SS is Notch, but SS isn't CR, and so Notch isn't CR. Uh huh. This in spite of the fact that they both show up on the exact same place on the member locator (Newmarket) and have posted from the same IP addresses. The two accounts have been closely linked in a number of ways, & I don't think that's under debate any more.

If Notch isn't aware he's CR, each of you needs to get to a psychiatrist because you've got a multiple personality problem that your both unaware of.

You do realize you're talking to yourself right? Notch/Madillo/whatever has been banned already.

They can still read the posts. We can only ban them from writing posts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum