GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winter Tire Thread (was: GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - TUE. Feb. 1, 2011)

+19
Cap'n Clutch
SDH89
Ev
LeCaptain
asq2
Hoags
Number Twenty Nine
Riprock
Bramlet07
SensHulk
sandysensfan
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
ddt
PTFlea
spader
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
wprager
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As to the border guard training I'll take your word for it Stemper. My only experience with that is going through as a civilian and once I wrote the exam to apply to be a border guard. I never pursued it further since I got this job which has better hours and is safer.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I priced tires in the US and found that with the hassle, gas money spent, tolls, etc. I was better off getting my tires at Pinkus Tire and Battery Kingdom in Williamsburg, ON, CANADA.

But if you're, say, going down for a week on vacation or something. For me, Williamsburg would also be a hassle.

I got a quote for one of my staff and he thought it was worth the drive from Gatineau. To each their own.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My buddy lives in Carp...hear about that old house that burned down? That was his neighbour.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:My buddy lives in Carp...hear about that old house that burned down? That was his neighbour.

No but I heard about a couple with a toddler in a Malibu that got T-boned at Carp and Richardson on Sunday. Mom and Dad are stable but the Toddler sustained life threatening head injuries and is in critical condition. Last report on it was Sunday in the Ottawa Sun.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yikes.

Weird. My buddy (who lives in Carp) was just T-boned, but that was in Gatineau.

Freaking car accidents scare the poop out of me.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Yikes.

Weird. My buddy (who lives in Carp) was just T-boned, but that was in Gatineau.

Freaking car accidents scare the poop out of me.

It was kinda weird to read about the one on Richardson and Carp road because they have a 2 and a half year old and the mom is 8 months pregnant driving a Chevy Malibu. We have a Chevy Malibu and my daughter is 2 and a half in March and we have a 6 month old boy as well. We also drive through that intersection almost every day.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've been in a minor fender bender going about 40km/h, not my fault and ran into the front end of another car. It did about 2000 worth of damage so I could see how amplified a crash like the one on Carp road could be at that speed.

As for the details of my accident: I was driving out of Tunney's Pasture when a car came up to a stop to my left, I don't have a stop so I continued as normal when I saw the driver come to a complete stop however, the driver proceeded out in front of me and I had no where to go but into the car. Afterwards the driver explained that they thought it was a 4-way stop. She only got out of a ticket for running a stop sign simply because Tunney's is private property.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:You know what's also pretty neat? Hockey. And talking about hockey.
True.

I wonder if there are any other threads that are talking about hockey. Man, I really hope there is one.

If not, someone should start one.

*sarcasm off*

This thread has been JACKED! It's now the Winter Tire Thread.

Hey, this is a Game Day Thread posted under the Ottawa Senators forum. There's a place for Tire talk if you want to engage in it -- the miscellaneous section or whatever -- but it's not here.

Check again Smile

Thanks for proving a point I've been making for a while: some people here can hijack a thread, & it's tolerated -- whereas others (usually me) can be accused of doing the same thing (when in fact hijacking = me saying things they don't want to hear, like a certain someone being a big fat fraud), & they get threats from moderators and threads gets closed down.

I love the smell of hypocrisy in the afternoon. Smells like... victory.

Yeah, I guess that's the difference. This thread devolved into a discussion of snow tires and cross-border shopping. No one is being called a big fat fraud. I changed the title for a little fun. If you smell hypocrisy, well, you know the old saying: "Whoever smelt it, dealt it."

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:You know what's also pretty neat? Hockey. And talking about hockey.
True.

I wonder if there are any other threads that are talking about hockey. Man, I really hope there is one.

If not, someone should start one.

*sarcasm off*

This thread has been JACKED! It's now the Winter Tire Thread.

Hey, this is a Game Day Thread posted under the Ottawa Senators forum. There's a place for Tire talk if you want to engage in it -- the miscellaneous section or whatever -- but it's not here.

Check again Smile

Thanks for proving a point I've been making for a while: some people here can hijack a thread, & it's tolerated -- whereas others (usually me) can be accused of doing the same thing (when in fact hijacking = me saying things they don't want to hear, like a certain someone being a big fat fraud), & they get threats from moderators and threads gets closed down.

I love the smell of hypocrisy in the afternoon. Smells like... victory.

Yeah, I guess that's the difference. This thread devolved into a discussion of snow tires and cross-border shopping. No one is being called a big fat fraud. I changed the title for a little fun. If you smell hypocrisy, well, you know the old saying: "Whoever smelt it, dealt it."

I agree. You do think like a 6 year old. Laugh1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not sure where you're going with that, but have a nice trip. Goodbye

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Not sure where you're going with that, but have a nice trip. Goodbye

Hush, little man. Adults are speaking.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:Not sure where you're going with that, but have a nice trip. Goodbye

Hush, little man. Adults are speaking.

Little??! I wish.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Almost time for some winter tires...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Almost time for some winter tires...
Facepalm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
Facepalm
Heh.

Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zero tonight with frost. That's all. Are you getting snow in TO?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:

Nah, just frost... but it's coming... you can feel it...

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Nah, just frost... but it's coming... you can feel it...
Its 25 and sunny about 2 hours down the road from you. Laugh1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum