GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Jan. 1 2011

+15
SeawaySensFan
LethalLehner
Ev
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
dennycrane
Urkie
Hoags
Riprock
Hobiesens
CockRoche
Bramlet07
SensHulk
shabbs
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 11]

shabbs wrote:Does a game like this force a panic move?

God, I hope not. Don't touch our defensive prospects or our picks Murray! Dammit!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

dennycrane wrote:Alfie hasn't looked as good as usual this year. He can't produce at a point-per-game without quality linemates anymore.

As I was thinking of crapping on them further, they score.
Alfie is old, he can't be expected to be a ppg guy anymore.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:

God, I hope not. Don't touch our defensive prospects or our picks Murray! Dammit!

I was thinking more along the lines of Clouston being shown the door...

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of Clouston being shown the door...

If a move is made then this will be the one. I don't think it will do a whole lot of good but it's Murray's last hope really.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Urkie wrote:
shabbs wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of Clouston being shown the door...

If a move is made then this will be the one. I don't think it will do a whole lot of good but it's Murray's last hope really.
It won't do anything... but I'm worried panic will set in. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Murray cannot fire another coach unless he is going too.

shabbs wrote:
hemlock wrote:

And bring in who? I don't think Clouston is doing a masterful job, but as usual, it's the players. No coach can make Kovalev care, or Gonchar put in an effort, etc.

Cloustion is only a small part of the problem with the on ice product, in my opinion. You could certainly make a case for firing everyone from Murray right through to most of the players.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Dash wrote:Murray cannot fire another coach unless he is going too.

This is what would happen. He'd go behind the bench again.

Dash wrote:Murray cannot fire another coach unless he is going too.

Agreed. How many guys will Melnyk allow to be paid to work elsewhere? I don't think Clouston is going anywhere.

In fact, I'd like to see no changes (unless someone makes an offer we can't refuse), since that alone should guarantee us a lottery pick.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yup, the right way to go is let this season run its course as is, and hope for a top pick in the draft to help bring a potential future star.... say goodbye to our UFAs in exchange for picks/prospects.... replace our FAs with young players, and we will likely also get another high pick next year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Melnyk was smart, he'd start looking through hockey forums. Murray should have been moved to scouting a month and a half ago and the search for a new GM should be in full swing - if not solved. Clouston can stay until the end of the year, but I would bet the new GM replaces him.

When Murray finally gets fired, it'll be a long time too late. Should have been done Dec.1st.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:
hemlock wrote:

And bring in who? I don't think Clouston is doing a masterful job, but as usual, it's the players. No coach can make Kovalev care, or Gonchar put in an effort, etc.

Cloustion is only a small part of the problem with the on ice product, in my opinion. You could certainly make a case for firing everyone from Murray right through to most of the players.
The thought would be Murray would go behind the bench.

The Sens can't go through another coach again... we're gonna have to ride this out and fix it at the deadline (be sellers) and in the off-season...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm also starting to wonder if Robin Lehner will go back to Bingo after the WJC. Elliott's Dung the bed once too many times now, he's a back-up and nothing more.

Cuss.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

It's mind boggling how this team plus volchenkov made the playoffs last season....what the hell.....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Twitter is abuzz with suggestions that this will be Clouston's last game.

I don't think it will be.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

what we have here is a GO-FAR

(good old fashioned a$$ rapin')

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Switch over to NBC everyone

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Twitter is abuzz with suggestions that this will be Clouston's last game.

I don't think it will be.

Who exactly? Lebrun just said Phillips has received attention

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum