GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa trade rumours

+28
dawg's wife
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
garblar
TheAvatar
spader
Hoags
asq2
rooneypoo
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
Sens4thecup
cash
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SDH89
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 35]

481Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:42 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SDH89 wrote:
Yeah, if all that we're getting back for Phillips is a second rounder, I'd rather keep him.

I think we keep him anyway, but I agree, if it's only a 2nd coming back, I'm not interested. Keep Phillps and start getting Kuba's name out there ASAP.

Also...cross the fingers that Gonchar's not ruined and can come back strong next year.

For sure, out of the two, I would keep Phillips over Kuba 10 times out of 10.

Let's hope Garrioch's article is correct, and there actually is some interest in Kuba out there. You keep mentioning San Jose as a destination Spez, I think it would be a good fit too.

I'd love to get a guy like McGinn back for Kuba, but we'd probably just get a pick and maybe a salary dump like Huskins. I'd do it.

482Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:43 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SDH89 wrote:
Yeah, if all that we're getting back for Phillips is a second rounder, I'd rather keep him.

I think we keep him anyway, but I agree, if it's only a 2nd coming back, I'm not interested. Keep Phillps and start getting Kuba's name out there ASAP.

Also...cross the fingers that Gonchar's not ruined and can come back strong next year.

With Montreal losing Markov, maybe even for good at this point, Kuba might end up there?

On top of that, Gorges out for the year too. They will for sure look to add something to the backend. Fingers crossed!

483Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:47 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

PK17 + AK47 = Win (for Montreal)

484Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:

Let's hope Garrioch's article is correct, and there actually is some interest in Kuba out there. You keep mentioning San Jose as a destination Spez, I think it would be a good fit too.

I'd love to get a guy like McGinn back for Kuba, but we'd probably just get a pick and maybe a salary dump like Huskins. I'd do it.

I think SJ is a HUGE destination for Kuba, the problem is, Beachemin has been rumoured to be going there for a couple of weeks now. The return would be similar to what we've been talking about. If we're not careful, we'll lose our chance in SJ and have to turn to other contenders with a need for a top 4 D-man.

I think most people from the outside looking in at the Sharks would say that Setoguchi is gone by the deadline for a D-man, I just hope it's us they deal with.

485Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SDH89 wrote:

I think SJ is a HUGE destination for Kuba, the problem is, Beachemin has been rumoured to be going there for a couple of weeks now. The return would be similar to what we've been talking about. If we're not careful, we'll lose our chance in SJ and have to turn to other contenders with a need for a top 4 D-man.

I think most people from the outside looking in at the Sharks would say that Setoguchi is gone by the deadline for a D-man, I just hope it's us they deal with.

The Gooch!??!

486Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hmm, didn't think of Montreal, Kuba would fit in there as a 4th D-man pretty well.

487Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Hmm, didn't think of Montreal, Kuba would fit in there as a 4th D-man pretty well.

Martin would like him. As close as you can get to his old buddy Wade without paying 6.5 large.

488Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:55 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SDH89 wrote:On top of that, Gorges out for the year too. They will for sure look to add something to the backend. Fingers crossed!

Yeah, Montreal might be looking for more of a shutdown guy like Phillips, but it's hard to imagine Montreal and Ottawa making a trade together.

On a side note, if you're Chris Phillips, don't you want to go have a shot at the cup? You'd think you'd get a little sick of the circus around town....Montreal may not be where he would want to go, but I'm sure there's other contenders who'd be willing to take him, so I can't imagine he wouldn't waive his NTC..?

489Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:55 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Kuba + 1st round pick for Pat Hickey

490Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:19 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

anything new? i'm dying over here. the trade deadline is still too far away.

491Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:49 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:anything new? i'm dying over here. the trade deadline is still too far away.

I take it there's not a lot of hockey action around there? Assuming your IP pinpoints your location, there's a soccer stadium not far from where you are. Maybe you could organize a Far-East Winter Classic.

492Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:35 am

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Kuba + 1st round pick for Pat Hickey

Thomas Hickey you mean? The Kings prospect?

493Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:57 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

no, this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Hickey

I had his hockey card in grade 6

494Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:58 am

Number Twenty Nine wrote:no, this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Hickey

I had his hockey card in grade 6

He's probably an upgrade on our current crop of forwards.

495Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:07 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I remember those days: the 5 inch thick stack of cards held together by a thick rubber band, chewing the gum that tasted like sweet cardboard, the "gottem, needem, gottem, needem needem" in the schoolyard at recess...

496Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:10 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I remember playing "throw the tennis ball against the wall and catch it" game back in those days. The simple life eh?

497Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:11 am

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I remember those days: the 5 inch thick stack of cards held together by a thick rubber band, chewing the gum that tasted like sweet cardboard, the "gottem, needem, gottem, needem needem" in the schoolyard at recess...

Yep, they were O-Pee-Chee back they weren't they? I remember sorting mine out over the living room floor by team, then by jersey number. Mint or not made no difference to me. Laugh1

498Ottawa trade rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:16 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I remember playing "throw the tennis ball against the wall and catch it" game back in those days. The simple life eh?

I believe we called that "Red A$$".

If someone tried and failed to catch the ball after it bounced back off the wall, they would have to run to touch the wall before some else could scoop the ball up and hit the wall with it. If the ball beat the person to the wall, the poor kid would have to stand with hands on the wall, butt sticking out, and someone got to whip the ball at the kid. The goal was always to try to hit the rear-end, but some of us preferred to go for the head…it would hurt more.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum