GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa trade rumours

+28
dawg's wife
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
garblar
TheAvatar
spader
Hoags
asq2
rooneypoo
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
Sens4thecup
cash
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SDH89
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 35]

121Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:26 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:I don't really see how we'd fit Bieksa in or where he'd play ....

I don't really want any more of San Jose's declining forwards, they already screwed us over with Cheechoo and Michalek.

This team has too many RWs, we need a natural LW if we're gonna trade for a forward. We got too many guys playing their opposite side.
More fuel for the Cowen vs MSP debate? MSP is a left winger.

122Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:28 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Any Ottawa trade rumours?

sources say that because of the fiasco, they might blow this Dung up.

FINALLY!!! Dancing

123Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:33 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:I don't really see how we'd fit Bieksa in or where he'd play ....

I don't really want any more of San Jose's declining forwards, they already screwed us over with Cheechoo and Michalek.

This team has too many RWs, we need a natural LW if we're gonna trade for a forward. We got too many guys playing their opposite side.
More fuel for the Cowen vs MSP debate? MSP is a left winger.

Considering how well Eberle and Hall are playing....maybe the sens should take a run at MSP (in the off-season of course)?

Weircioch + Fisher + 2nd rounder for MSP + Hemsky + late round pick. I can dream..... Vertigo

124Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:More fuel for the Cowen vs MSP debate? MSP is a left winger.

What's your thoughts on that Shabbs? I love Cowen, I'd still choose him personally because he's the rock-solid defender that this team sorely lacks right now - until Phillips plays like he can again that is.

125Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:29 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:More fuel for the Cowen vs MSP debate? MSP is a left winger.

What's your thoughts on that Shabbs? I love Cowen, I'd still choose him personally because he's the rock-solid defender that this team sorely lacks right now - until Phillips plays like he can again that is.
It's a tough one and we've debated this over and over. Long term, I think Cowen was the right choice... but man, it would be nice to have MSP with us now.

126Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:34 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I think Cowen is a much more unique commodity.

The Sens will be haunted by letting Chara go for quite some time.

Cowen is the only thing we got hat can even come close to replacing Big Z.

I think we can find a LW elsewhere but I don't think we could find a D-man like Cowen.

We took the best player available.

As much as we need a LW, let's not forget our defence is tissue paper soft with the exception of Carkner.

127Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:36 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

The more I think about it, the more I feel that there is a possibility to get MSP. Ultimately I'd wait till Rundblad makes it to the big leagues to see what he's got, but I think Edmonton would do this:

Karlsson/Rundblad for Paajarvi. Question is, would you? In this case I think both teams win.

128Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I don't see why Edmonton would trade any of their young stars, especially since they're going to get Larsson this year Smile

Trade Kovalev for Gagne. RW for LW. Similar cap hit, both UFA at year end

129Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:The more I think about it, the more I feel that there is a possibility to get MSP. Ultimately I'd wait till Rundblad makes it to the big leagues to see what he's got, but I think Edmonton would do this:

Karlsson/Rundblad for Paajarvi. Question is, would you? In this case I think both teams win.

Depends on how MPS matures. Right now, no thanks. In a couple of years, maybe Rundblad for MPS, but I'd be very hard pressed to trade Karlsson - unless it was Claude Giroux coming back.

130Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:50 pm

I think we have a surplus of young defensemen .. I don't see how we each can grow properly (playing on a line with a vet) with having so much youth. I think we should package a few of them.

131Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:11 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:The more I think about it, the more I feel that there is a possibility to get MSP. Ultimately I'd wait till Rundblad makes it to the big leagues to see what he's got, but I think Edmonton would do this:

Depends on how MPS matures. Right now, no thanks. In a couple of years, maybe Rundblad for MPS, but I'd be very hard pressed to trade Karlsson - unless it was Claude Giroux coming back.

by then the price may go up. I'm with you, now isn't the time. But maybe 1 or 2 seasons tops down the road, something like this should seriously be looked at. Karlsson and Rundblad are redundant....mostly. Either way, doesn't hurt to have both either Smile

132Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You'll love having both, it'll be absolutely awesome. Cowen will complete the trifecta. Wiercioch will have rounded into form by then - and he's someone you can move for a forward IMO.

133Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:24 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I don't see Edmonton moving MSP at all unless he's a total bust (ie: like our Brian Lee) and if that's the case, no one will want him.

Murray's MO from here on in will be to draft forward prospects like it's going out of style so we can start to fortify the ranks up there.

134Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I don't see Edmonton moving MSP at all unless he's a total bust (ie: like our Brian Lee) and if that's the case, no one will want him.

Murray's MO from here on in will be to draft forward prospects like it's going out of style so we can start to fortify the ranks up there.

Yeah basically. Just draft 5 forwards for every 1 D-man or goalie (take these in the late rounds and go for either home run picks or steady bottom pairing, shot-blockers).

135Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, to add to that, Murray went out and got Bobby B. - which is like drafting a late first rounder in my opinion. So there's one from last year basically. Hoffman was another steal IMO, same with Stone, I just hope they can adapt to the pros properly, but I insist that they will. Same with Wiercioch, I'm actually glad he's struggling - not everything is gonna be handed to him on a silver platter. He'll get used to the pros and be really good, but he'll have to work real hard - and that's a good thing.

136Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I keep hearing fans complaining about us not having any blue chip forward prospects... last I checked, you only get those when you pick 1st or 2nd overall, or manage to setup a monster deal and cough up some other key assets in the process... or pull the old "offer sheet swindle" on another team and lose some draft picks in the process, or get very lucky in the draft and pick a prospect that everyone missed and turns into one.

It ain't easy when you don't bottom out...

137Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:02 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:I keep hearing fans complaining about us not having any blue chip forward prospects... last I checked, you only get those when you pick 1st or 2nd overall, or manage to setup a monster deal and cough up some other key assets in the process... or pull the old "offer sheet swindle" on another team and lose some draft picks in the process, or get very lucky in the draft and pick a prospect that everyone missed and turns into one.

It ain't easy when you don't bottom out...

With good scouting you can find some in the later rounds(ie. Claude Giroux). Our own captain was drafted in the later rounds.

We've got Hoffman who will hopefully pan out in a few years time, and we've got Butler and I'm sure Murray will continue to target good NCAA players.

Personally I think their plan is to trade one of our surplus D-man prospects for a forward if an opportunity comes along.

The biggest problem is that Foligno and Regin are largely busts so far (in terms of point production). They were both slotted for top-6 duty and neither is producing enough.

138Ottawa trade rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nobody in the top-six is producing in the last dozen games or so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum