GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa trade rumours

+28
dawg's wife
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
garblar
TheAvatar
spader
Hoags
asq2
rooneypoo
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
Sens4thecup
cash
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SDH89
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 35]

76Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:20 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Setoguchi is interesting. He doesn't strike me as the type of guy to create his own offence though. He'll produce if he's given the right linemates. This is a guy who is struggling to score with a team that features a top six that is heads and shoulders better than ours. He's also been a healthy scratch already this year I believe, so that seems like a steep price.

Scored 30, then 20 though. He has the skills to put the puck in the net, he was really good in the post-season last year. Maybe you're right though, maybe he lost his spot to Heatley and went down sharply, that's not a great sign...

However, you have some familiarity with him and Michalek and there's a gaping hole next to Spezza, so he has a big player to play with - similar to Jumbo Joe. And Alfie's similar to Marleau - so would Setoguchi slide right in there and have some success?

Possibly. For the package you suggested though, I think that's alot to pay. I'd rather not get fisted by Doug Wilson twice though. If Setoguchi's drop off is a direct result of him not having better linemates now, you're right, that's a real bad sign.

77Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:32 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Possibly. For the package you suggested though, I think that's alot to pay. I'd rather not get fisted by Doug Wilson twice though. If Setoguchi's drop off is a direct result of him not having better linemates now, you're right, that's a real bad sign.

Let's say you get a little piece back with Setoguchi, not sure what though.

I think if you plunk him on Spezza's wing and move Alfie down to Fisher's wing, you can add a new, slick dimension to both lines, but especially for Spezza. Don't forget that Setoguchi is quite young, he scored 34 when he was something like 21 years old.

78Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:01 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I think if you plunk him on Spezza's wing and move Alfie down to Fisher's wing, you can add a new, slick dimension to both lines, but especially for Spezza. Don't forget that Setoguchi is quite young, he scored 34 when he was something like 21 years old.
i'd like the see "the guch" next to spezza and regin. alfi would be more effective if he wasn't so relied upon IMO. but i agree that we might not see "the guch" score 30 in ottawa. but 20-25 is plausible. and i'd have no problem parting ways with Kuba for that to happen.

79Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:i'd like the see "the guch" next to spezza and regin. alfi would be more effective if he wasn't so relied upon IMO. but i agree that we might not see "the guch" score 30 in ottawa. but 20-25 is plausible. and i'd have no problem parting ways with Kuba for that to happen.

Why not 30 goals though? He's 23, has done it before, might benefit from a change of scenery and playing with Spezza.

80Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Actually, it can't be Kuba, the Sharks are at the cap. Foligno (1.2) + Campoli (1.4) for Setoguchi (1.8) + Kent Huskins (1.7)?

I dunno, don't know much about Huskins, trying to even out the salary.

81Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:38 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Guch and the Gonch?

82Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:11 am

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

i'd like the see "the guch" next to spezza and regin. alfi would be more effective if he wasn't so relied upon IMO. but i agree that we might not see "the guch" score 30 in ottawa. but 20-25 is plausible. and i'd have no problem parting ways with Kuba for that to happen.

Kuba yes, Kuba and Foligno? Depends on the + coming with Setoguchi. When he scored those 34 goals, he had a lot more talent surrounding him than he'd have in Ottawa. It's certainly something to explore, I just don't think he's the saviour of the Sens season (no one player who's available is).

83Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:12 am

SpezDispenser wrote:Actually, it can't be Kuba, the Sharks are at the cap. Foligno (1.2) + Campoli (1.4) for Setoguchi (1.8) + Kent Huskins (1.7)?

He's a stay at home type. Ottawa born though.

84Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Actually, it can't be Kuba, the Sharks are at the cap. Foligno (1.2) + Campoli (1.4) for Setoguchi (1.8) + Kent Huskins (1.7)?

He's a stay at home type. Ottawa born though.

Oh oh, Ottawa born to boot? So...is he any good, I can't recall noticing him often - which I guess is good.

85Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:10 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Stanley Cup with Anaheim.

86Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:14 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

we'd probably have to take some salary back if we;d send kuba for "the guch" who are they trying to be rid of? my other guess is it would be campoli + prospect(average) for "the Gutch".

87Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Stanley Cup with Anaheim.

Ryan Shannon won one with them too, the question stands: is he any good?

88Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:46 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I think he is somewhere between Carkner and Phillips and in that mold.

89Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20112SANSASAll&sort=blockedShots&viewName=rtssPlayerStats

He doesn't block many shots, doesn't hit at all. Doesn't look good, that's 1.7 down the tubes, but for Setoguchi, does that make it worth it?

90Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:51 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Personally, I'm not really interested in Setoguchi. Had one big year and has proven nothing since.

91Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:Personally, I'm not really interested in Setoguchi. Had one big year and has proven nothing since.

He has that one big year as a 21 year old. That in itself is enough to give him a big chance on Spezza's line. If it doesn't work, what have we lost? Kuba and Foligno - two guys whose futures are very uncertain here.

And also, Setoguchi makes a wonderful 1.8 million and is an RFA at the end of the year.

I can't stop thinking about it now - it's a perfect fit. The Sharks need Kuba to bolster their D, they need to replace Couture in the bottom 6 (because he's move to top six permanently) and Foligno would look pretty good next to McGinn. The Sens desperately need some young talent up front - and Setoguchi is a massive upgrade over Foligno, Huskins (for example) a clear downgrade from Kuba, but at least we clear more salary for the summer and we open up a space for Cowen without question.

If you can pull this off without moving Campoli, he gets another opportunity in the top 4 - and he's been more good than bad for us this year.

Maybe it makes too much sense and would never happen because of that. Laugh1

92Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:01 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SDH89 wrote:Personally, I'm not really interested in Setoguchi. Had one big year and has proven nothing since.

He has that one big year as a 21 year old. That in itself is enough to give him a big chance on Spezza's line. If it doesn't work, what have we lost? Kuba and Foligno - two guys whose futures are very uncertain here.

And also, Setoguchi makes a wonderful 1.8 million and is an RFA at the end of the year.

I can't stop thinking about it now - it's a perfect fit. The Sharks need Kuba to bolster their D, they need to replace Couture in the bottom 6 (because he's move to top six permanently) and Foligno would look pretty good next to McGinn. The Sens desperately need some young talent up front - and Setoguchi is a massive upgrade over Foligno, Huskins (for example) a clear downgrade from Kuba, but at least we clear more salary for the summer and we open up a space for Cowen without question.

If you can pull this off without moving Campoli, he gets another opportunity in the top 4 - and he's been more good than bad for us this year.

Maybe it makes too much sense and would never happen because of that. Laugh1

Sorry, I hadn't read the earlier comments and didn't realize that we had laid out who we were shipping out to SJ already. I'm signing up for any deal that trades away Kuba Laugh1 .

Let's make it happen!

93Ottawa trade rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:44 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I don't even want to think about what a disaster our D would be without Kuba. It's bad enough as it is. Kuba has NOT been great since his return, granted, but, remember, this is still basically his training camp. It's going to take a while for him to re-gain his form. He was never anything special, but he is a steady, capable 3/4 D man who can play both ends of the ice, and you guys are seriously underrating him if you think he's so very expendable. He's not physical and he doesn't have a good shot, but he can move the puck, play PP and PK, and eat up 20+ minutes a night. Losing him would be a big blow to our D this year. Don't let his first few games back fool you into thinking any different.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum