GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa trade rumours

+28
dawg's wife
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
garblar
TheAvatar
spader
Hoags
asq2
rooneypoo
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
Sens4thecup
cash
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SDH89
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 35]

316Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Pretty amazing we have 8 pages of Ottawa Trade Rumours....
it's more of a wish list...

317Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Adding to speculation, if Murray was to walk away from his job, that might just cost him a chance at any future job with the Senators. Is he going to risk it? His contract is expiring and he may not be back as GM but he could remain in the organization, but perhaps not if he resigns or steps down.

And yeah, lots of "wishing" going on in here. Should be called "Ottawa Fantasy Thread".

318Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:51 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

2 years was a gamble, but it's not team altering or anything. 5 million hurts, but he put up 65 and 85 points in his last two years in Montreal with much less to work with, so I thought it was fair that he'd get a bare minimum of 60 points and 30 goals and make up for losing Heatley on the PP.

I just don't see how anyone saw the low point totals coming.

319Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:47 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Flo The Action wrote:i can understand if i dumped millions of dollars every year into a team, that i'd want some imput. but C'mon, if everyone told me "don't offer kovalev more the 3 mill, he's finished" i'd take some notice.
the surprising thing about all this is murray seems fine with this. then again, would you walk away from a GM job???
mmmhhhh
That's why you hire a GM... so they can make the roster decisions, with their knowledge, expertise and team of advisers.... heh. But it doesn't always work that way. I can see the owner setting the "budget" ie: spend to the cap or not and arena decisions etc... but the roster should all be the GM once he's given a budget.

320Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:50 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:i can understand if i dumped millions of dollars every year into a team, that i'd want some imput. but C'mon, if everyone told me "don't offer kovalev more the 3 mill, he's finished" i'd take some notice.
the surprising thing about all this is murray seems fine with this. then again, would you walk away from a GM job???
mmmhhhh
That's why you hire a GM... so they can make the roster decisions, with their knowledge, expertise and team of advisers.... heh. But it doesn't always work that way. I can see the owner setting the "budget" ie: spend to the cap or not and arena decisions etc... but the roster should all be the GM once he's given a budget.

I agree, but only to a certain degree. I think there's a place for a hands-on GM, but more in a consultant role. That is to say, I think an owner that offered his opinions, but didn't interfere, could be very useful.

321Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:11 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

a twinkle of hope??

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/12/11/16516471.html

322Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:31 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Would love a deal with the blues....come on Murray! Mad

And what's this I hear about regin now being unhappy? Is a stupid little mutiny forming for ppl who are struggling and being demoted? FFS enough with the bloody egos on this team.

323Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:37 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I think I'd rather hold on to Kovalev and let him try and regain some value.

I really do believe he has the potential to be worth a 2nd round pick at the deadline if he sticks with it and shows his commitment to the team.

324Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:a twinkle of hope??

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/12/11/16516471.html

I find that really hard to believe. He's had some good games recently, I thought, or maybe some good shifts, but not enough (IMO) to hook someone. I have to agree a little with what he said -- Clouston had a lot of people to "single out"; how about our *other* high-priced Russian? Gonchar has been pretty bad recently. But what I don't agree with is airing things out in public. Maybe Clouston made a mistake calling him out in public. He could have just played him on the 4th line for a few shifts and, if any reporter asked, just say he was trying to get a jump out of some people.

325Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:14 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Chirp is saying that the Blues are toying with the idea of Boyes for Kovalev.

326Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Chirp is saying that the Blues are toying with the idea of Boyes for Kovalev.

Sign me up, although doesn't that seem like a bit much? and don't the Blues want to just add a forward rather than give one away?

327Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:59 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:Chirp is saying that the Blues are toying with the idea of Boyes for Kovalev.

Sign me up, although doesn't that seem like a bit much? and don't the Blues want to just add a forward rather than give one away?

SC seems to be under the impression that the Blues consider Kovalev an upgrade over a struggling Boyes. If that's the case, strike while the iron is hot crazy.

328Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:02 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If any truth to it, maybe it is because he has one more year and Kovalev does not, thus it gives St. Louis cap room. Maybe they go after a huge name (Richards?)

329Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:33 pm

spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

SC seems to be under the impression that the Blues consider Kovalev an upgrade over a struggling Boyes. If that's the case, strike while the iron is hot crazy.

No Dung. That's a no brainer imo. The 6 times a year Kovalev looks like a world beater is getting tiresome.

How close is St. Louis to Montreal? Sarcasm

330Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalev and Foligno maybe, plus a pick.

331Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:00 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I proposed this earlier:

To Ottawa:
Boyes

To St.Louis
Kovalev
Foligno
3rd round pick

Still think it makes a lot of sense.

332Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:08 am

SpezDispenser wrote:I proposed this earlier:

To Ottawa:
Boyes

To St.Louis
Kovalev
Foligno
3rd round pick

Boyes has struggled this year. That's an overpayment methinks. Take Foligno out of that equation and bam, there's a deal to be had.

333Ottawa trade rumours - Page 22 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:14 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I proposed this earlier:

To Ottawa:
Boyes

To St.Louis
Kovalev
Foligno
3rd round pick

Boyes has struggled this year. That's an overpayment methinks. Take Foligno out of that equation and bam, there's a deal to be had.

He struggled last year too. What did he finish with, like 14 goals? That's a big drop from his previous two years.

Ya, Foligno in there is overkill. I'm not even sure about the 3rd.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum