GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis

+9
Straight Shooter
Riprock
Flo The Action
CockRoche
wprager
SeawaySensFan
cash
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Predict the outcome

GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Vote_lcap222%GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Vote_lcap233%GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 3 ]
GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Vote_lcap244%GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:39 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

Tonight is our 20th game. Everyone says wait for the 20th game to see where you stand. If we lose we are 9-10-1 and likely out of a playoff spot. From looking at the more sucessful teams in the league we are missing youth and speed. It's clear this team is not winning the Stanley Cup, so why keep the status quo? Does Murray not have to make some moves? There are a lot of teams, edmonton, calgary, new jersey, islanders, etc., that need to make some changes too. Now is the time. The salary cap is not an excuse to not make your team better.

Last edited by 111519 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

17GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:40 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

KID K with a penalty. surprise suprise Sarcasm

18GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

111519 wrote:Tonight is our 20th game. Everyone says wait for the 20th game to see where you stand. If we lose we are 9-10-1 and likely out of a playoff spot. From looking at the more sucessful teams in the league we are missing youth and speed. It's clear this team is not winning the Stanley Cup, so why keep the status quo? Does Murray not have to make some moves? There are a lot of teams, edmonton, calgary, new jersey, islanders, etc., that need to make some changes too. Now is the time.
you could be right. i just don't want to lose any youth or high picks. so anyone want some Lee? Facepalm

19GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:04 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

I Cussing despise that Fisher line! You turn Alfie into a Cussing grinder, for christs sake. Now that I've seen all our skill loaded on to one line, I see why so many called for this team to miss the playoffs. We're a top-4 of skill and a bottom-8 of grinders or less. Not good.

20GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:07 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'll take Penner from Edmonton.

21GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:15 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

111519 wrote:Tonight is our 20th game. Everyone says wait for the 20th game to see where you stand. If we lose we are 9-10-1 and likely out of a playoff spot. From looking at the more sucessful teams in the league we are missing youth and speed. It's clear this team is not winning the Stanley Cup, so why keep the status quo? Does Murray not have to make some moves? There are a lot of teams, edmonton, calgary, new jersey, islanders, etc., that need to make some changes too. Now is the time. The salary cap is not an excuse to not make your team better.

And if they win, they're 10-9-1 and likely in a playoff spot...and since starting 1-4-1, they're 8-5-0 right now with two highly excusable losses.

I'm not too high on this roster, but they will be in the playoff race. At that point, a hot goalie and a little chemistry is enough to win a series or two. Are they a cup contender? I don't think anyone can look at them on paper or on the ice and say "yes". I think a little realism and acceptance would go a long way in this fanbase and it will help with not lambasting the coaches, players, and especially youth.

It's become all too clear that the second Chara walked, we became a rebuilding team that capitalized on an incredibly weak East to reach the Finals, and rode that momentum/familiarity to a 13-1 start the next season.

22GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeah we aren't a contender but i'm seeing alot of players under perform.
regin has been trying but not finding the back of the net. foligno is another. michalek, fisher, big rig, kuba(well he hasn't been around). karlsson is hot/cold. so within the team i see alot of room for improvement.

of course as i type this 2 goals go in Facepalm

IMO i think if you ca you bring a guy like butler and locke. if they perform it puts the hot seat under the under performing ones.
maybe make a trade.

23GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

what the hell was that? 3 goals against in a minute!!! Elliott looks tired to many games in a row. leclaire to the rescue????

24GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:36 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Straight Shooter wrote:what the hell was that? 3 goals against in a minute!!! Elliott looks tired to many games in a row. leclaire to the rescue????
is there an echo in here? Sarcasm

seriously leclaire is well overdue and elliott is worn out.

25GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

One Cussing frustrating night. No excuses.

26GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:21 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I told my buddy jokingly that Kovalev might get his 1000th against the Sharks on Dec. 2. I think I may be right Sarcasm

27GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:27 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Wouldn't surprise me.

28GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:37 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Bad performance by a bad team. No other way to put it. Sens have zero confidence when they trail a game, it's kinda sad.

29GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

With the entire weekend to practice, I think Monday's game will be a real indication if this team can turn it around or if it's the same old same old.

30GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Puking2

31GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:51 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Well enough is enough. Our offense has completely run dry and our defensive coverage and speed makes me sick. It's time to reunite regin-spezza-alfie IMO. If fisher doesn't improve then they need to call up someone from the ahl. Michalek and him have been such utter disappointments. Carkner and campoli have been awful too (bad game for both)

And now, I think you HAVE to go with leclaire on Monday night. Kings lost to the sabres, so it's not impossible to beat them

32GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:10 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Well enough is enough. Our offense has completely run dry and our defensive coverage and speed makes me sick. It's time to reunite regin-spezza-alfie IMO. If fisher doesn't improve then they need to call up someone from the ahl. Michalek and him have been such utter disappointments. Carkner and campoli have been awful too (bad game for both)

And now, I think you HAVE to go with leclaire on Monday night. Kings lost to the sabres, so it's not impossible to beat them

Agreed. Elliott is a streaky goalie and he's in the middle of the wrong kind of streak right now. Hopefully Leclaire gets a couple to get his feet under him.

33GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT - Ottawa @ St.Louis Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:05 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Clouston is starting to piss me off. He should have started Leclaire last night. I think last night is the first time this season he's used a timeout to settle the boys down... idiot...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum