GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30PM - Thursday Nov. 11, 2010

+18
Ev
spader
TheAvatar
PKC
CockRoche
Flo The Action
Amnesia021
Bramlet07
wprager
ddt
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
Hoags
PTFlea
SensGirl11
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:I wonder if a team will take chance on Leclaire next summer. Something around a 1.5 million + bonuses. I bet someone does.

Not a chance; he brings nothing to your team.

I won't expand any further, unless asked of course.

Last edited by CockRoche on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

I think he'll get league minimum for 1 year and they'll go from there. He in no way warrants more than that, he hasn't played enough with us these past 2 years for me to even know what his style is and I watch every single game. He's hot and cold, but we haven't seen much of the hot in him yet. If we haven't no other team has either. 500x1.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Leclaire will get some chances to show he can be #1, probably not many as Elliott is playing well but who knows. I personally don't think he can do it, not to mention he doesn't have too many chances left. Murray could ship him to Bingo at the deadline and grab another goalie if he's still a huge liability.

I don't think the team has any confidence in him, the Sens seem to magically play like Dung whenever he's in nets, Elliott goes in and we're suddenly playing well.

I think Leclaire could possibly still be a #1 goalie(hey you never know) but I severely doubt it'll be in Ottawa. The Sens will be in a tough fight to lock down a playoff spot this year, I don't think we can afford to put him in nets very much and hope he doesn't Dung the bed. We need every win we can get.

I seriously doubt he'll get an NHL contract at this rate, but then again Keri Lehtonen did in Dallas .....

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:Leclaire will get some chances to show he can be #1, probably not many as Elliott is playing well but who knows. I personally don't think he can do it, not to mention he doesn't have too many chances left. Murray could ship him to Bingo at the deadline and grab another goalie if he's still a huge liability.

I don't think the team has any confidence in him, the Sens seem to magically play like Dung whenever he's in nets, Elliott goes in and we're suddenly playing well.

I think Leclaire could possibly still be a #1 goalie(hey you never know) but I severely doubt it'll be in Ottawa. The Sens will be in a tough fight to lock down a playoff spot this year, I don't think we can afford to put him in nets very much and hope he doesn't Dung the bed. We need every win we can get.

I seriously doubt he'll get an NHL contract at this rate, but then again Keri Lehtonen did in Dallas .....

Kari Lehtonen is a comparible with Leclaire because of the games missed, but it really just stops there.

Compare the injuries that Leclaire has had with the ones the Lehtonen has had and you will see what I mean. All Lehtonen injuries - as far as memory serves at least - are because of his core strength. He has the groin injuries, the back injuries, those types of pains. Leclaire on the other hand has the structural decimating type injuries that require surgery and may not be the same player after because of them.

Big difference. I could whip Lehtonen in shape if he had the drive in a matter of months. I wouldn't touch Leclaire with CapnClutch's 10 foot pole.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It's insane how different the guys play in front of him and Elliott. It's not an excuse to play like Dung when Leclaire is in nets, but that seems to be the trend right now. Even with Leclaire playing very well at the beginning of the season, our boys couldn't get anything going at all. It's too bad for Leclaire really. Now they're in that groove with him, it's very concerning that they play that way, what happens if Elliott's injury keeps nagging him? Then what? It's pretty scary stuff if you think about it.

We all know the mental game that goes into hockey, success goes hand in hand with confidence. When you aren't confident in your goalie things can get very ugly. We've been a team that has suffered through that for long enough, it's time to have a bonafide Number 1 goalie that we have confidence in. For me it is Elliott right now. I would still like to see us pick someone up that has more experience and doesn't poop the bed all the time, but who knows where Elliott will be by the end of this season, he could very well become a bonafide number 1. I still think he's a little young for that, but we'll see.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:
Hoags wrote:Leclaire will get some chances to show he can be #1, probably not many as Elliott is playing well but who knows. I personally don't think he can do it, not to mention he doesn't have too many chances left. Murray could ship him to Bingo at the deadline and grab another goalie if he's still a huge liability.

Kari Lehtonen is a comparible with Leclaire because of the games missed, but it really just stops there.

Compare the injuries that Leclaire has had with the ones the Lehtonen has had and you will see what I mean. All Lehtonen injuries - as far as memory serves at least - are because of his core strength. He has the groin injuries, the back injuries, those types of pains. Leclaire on the other hand has the structural decimating type injuries that require surgery and may not be the same player after because of them.

Big difference. I could whip Lehtonen in shape if he had the drive in a matter of months. I wouldn't touch Leclaire with CapnClutch's 10 foot pole.

You flatter me. How do you know how long my pole is? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:

Notch? Sarcasm Just kidding...

Yep, you got it.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:I wonder if a team will take chance on Leclaire next summer. Something around a 1.5 million + bonuses. I bet someone does.

He's on the Mike Comrie career path (and salary) without the hot wife.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:I think he'll get league minimum for 1 year and they'll go from there. He in no way warrants more than that, he hasn't played enough with us these past 2 years for me to even know what his style is and I watch every single game. He's hot and cold, but we haven't seen much of the hot in him yet. If we haven't no other team has either. 500x1.

as the usual Ottawa luck goes, we'll let him walk and he'll win the Vezna on his next team..

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:

We'll see. I bet he gets a minimum of 1 million + bonuses.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

We'll see. I bet he gets a minimum of 1 million + bonuses.

That's a lotta lettuce!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Are you kidding me? You put Leclaire in vs. Vancouver because you needed to get him a game? This was a case of Clouston setting Leclaire up to fail so he can say to Murray - Told ya so, Now I'm going with "MY" guy.

He put him because Vancouver isn't in our conference so it's not as big of a deal if we lose.

Vancouver had also just lost to Montreal, so they were beatable. And that jet lag would likely have been worse on the third day of the East Coast swing (first game it's not much different than an afternoon game; 3 days in and you've probably gone to bed late and risen early, West Coast time).

And if not for the lucky bounce 18 seconds in, it's a tied game going into the third.

So there's no way I subscribe to the idea that Leclaire was thrown to the wolves. Earlier on, in a discussion of when to put Leclaire in, I said it probably doesn't matter, since he is just as capable of stoning the league's best as he is at losing a stinker, and everything in-between. Inconsistently inconsistent, if there's such a thing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Leclaire kept us in that game, he deserved some credit for that. Then the team collectively sharted all over the ice in the 3rd - and Leclaire couldn't stop the 4th one - which ended it IMO.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Leclaire kept us in that game, he deserved some credit for that. Then the team collectively sharted all over the ice in the 3rd - and Leclaire couldn't stop the 4th one - which ended it IMO.

I was wondering why the ice was brown. I thought it was my TV.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think Leclaire has a really good chance of showing his wares in the KHL, next year. I can just see it -- his agent asking Gerber's "How do you spell Mytischi?"

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You should be somewhat used to the brown all over the ice in the 3rd periods.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum