GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Ottawa Senators VS Toronto Maple Leafs @ 7:00pm EST - Nov 2, 2010 (SNET)

+14
The Silfer Server
PKC
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
Bramlet07
PTFlea
Straight Shooter
sens4win
TheAvatar
asq2
wprager
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
SensHulk
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:How much PK time did Spezza have? I just saw the end. With 7 seconds to go Spezza was out there -- for the face off, obviously, but still. And he blocks the shot from the point and it bounces out of the zone to end the game. Nice. He may not have gotten any points, but he had a pretty good game,.

A reward for having a heck of a responsible game and being dangerous offensively. More of that from Spezza please!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Why do tHe sens try their best to hand back all momentum to the opposition? Pedal to the Metal boys!!

And so glad they won but daaamn 111519 was right along...and then some especially tonight. Good lord

That's the final thing to clean up from tonight. Everything else was smooth until we decided we'd had enough of this 'hockey' thing and stopped playing in the 3rd.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Why do tHe sens try their best to hand back all momentum to the opposition? Pedal to the Metal boys!!

And so glad they won but daaamn 111519 was right along...and then some especially tonight. Good lord

That's the final thing to clean up from tonight. Everything else was smooth until we decided we'd had enough of this 'hockey' thing and stopped playing in the 3rd.

Gotta give the Leafs *some* credit. Can't stand Kulemin always crashing the crease, but he was doing his job and very well. McArthur, too. If their team-mates in stripes had started doing their job sooner, who knows how it may have gone.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:OK, I'm catching up now, watching the third on the PVR. With 4:36 to go, the Leafs are on a PP and one of their forwards gets tangled up with Karlsson as the puck is carried in. It looked offside to me, so I went frame by frame. It actually looks a little funny -- you can clearly see the guy is over the blue, on the Sens' side of it, while the puck is clearly still in the neutral zone, a few inches from the blue line. Offside, clear as day. And guess what the lineseman is doing? He's *already* got his arms in the "Safe!" pose signaling no offside. Umm, but the puck hasn't crossed the line yet.

My theory is that NHL officials grew up being Leafs fans and they just can't be impartial when it comes to their childhood heroes.

True story.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why is the forum all black? Is it just me?

Oh, and I re-reviewed the offside play. My mistake -- his arms were not up yet. The high-def wasn't "def" enough. Or maybe my eyes.

Still, it was pretty clear that it was offside.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

In addition to my 3 stars, which are the majority's 3 stars (Elliott, Gonchar and Karlsson) I will also give props to Campoli and Phillips for good games. I saw a lot of physicality from CP4 and that is what we need. If he can play like that consistently he will earn his extension.

I am just saying I am completely against giving out extensions based on past and off ice character. If Phillips wants to stick around and earn a pay cheque he needs to earn with his play.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum