GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Ottawa Senators VS Toronto Maple Leafs @ 7:00pm EST - Nov 2, 2010 (SNET)

+14
The Silfer Server
PKC
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
Bramlet07
PTFlea
Straight Shooter
sens4win
TheAvatar
asq2
wprager
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
SensHulk
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:I look forward to Hale getting pushed out of the line-up. Not that he's been especially bad, but he just IMO doesn't bring anything to the team.

I've been saying it for weeks now, Kuba can't get back into the lineup soon enough.

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

I missed most of the second, but i just saw the highlight for the Luca Caputi elbow to Regin's head. I only saw that from one angle, but to me it looked a bit like a blind side head shot. Granted it was elbow and not shoulder, and Regin didn't seem to go down too hard, but what was everyone's thought on that?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What the hell was that call on Kelly? In the final minutes no less. And it clearly rimmed around the boards before going out of play, I heard it plain as day. Cuss you refs!

In other news, I'm soooooooooooooo happy to get the win. We tried to give it back though, we need to stop that. The first 2 periods were the best Alfie has looked in a long time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bramlet07 wrote:Leaves on the board 3-1 now

What was that rule about waiving off a goal when an attacking player interferes with the goalie's ability to make a save?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:Honestly, what are the chances the Leafs would get a PP with 5 minutes left in the game?

Vegas won't give you odds on it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

What was that rule about waiving off a goal when an attacking player interferes with the goalie's ability to make a save?

Yes, because that was the same Rolling Eyes

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, I'm catching up now, watching the third on the PVR. With 4:36 to go, the Leafs are on a PP and one of their forwards gets tangled up with Karlsson as the puck is carried in. It looked offside to me, so I went frame by frame. It actually looks a little funny -- you can clearly see the guy is over the blue, on the Sens' side of it, while the puck is clearly still in the neutral zone, a few inches from the blue line. Offside, clear as day. And guess what the lineseman is doing? He's *already* got his arms in the "Safe!" pose signaling no offside. Umm, but the puck hasn't crossed the line yet.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Yes, because that was the same Rolling Eyes

Oh, so you mean you didn't see him bump into Elliott's pads and push him backwards, before the puck went in -- very slowly, I might add; in other words without being pushed maybe it doesn't even cross the line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I noticed from earlier in the game, the Leafs ran the crease quite a bit. Kulemin stood in the crease and made contact with Elliott on the 1st, and on many occasions, evenw hen it was clear Elliott had the puck they kept skating hard. I'm actually fine with that, as long as the refs don't mind if that gets rewarded with a little friendly two hander across the ankles.

That Kelly call was just brutal, especially when you see that McArthur slashes Carkner's stick in two just a half second earlier.

*That* they miss.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How much PK time did Spezza have? I just saw the end. With 7 seconds to go Spezza was out there -- for the face off, obviously, but still. And he blocks the shot from the point and it bounces out of the zone to end the game. Nice. He may not have gotten any points, but he had a pretty good game,.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Spezza had 2:05 PK time. Kelly had 2:20 (mind you, he would have had more if not for sitting in the box for 2 minutes). Ruutu had 2:08. Interesting development here?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Spezza had 2:05 PK time. Kelly had 2:20 (mind you, he would have had more if not for sitting in the box for 2 minutes). Ruutu had 2:08. Interesting development here?

The guy's been working his Donkey off to get more responsibility. And he deserves it. He has a scarcely believable 2 giveaways in 7 games and 7 takeaways and his faceoff percentage is 58.5%.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Why do tHe sens try their best to hand back all momentum to the opposition? Pedal to the Metal boys!!

And so glad they won but daaamn 111519 was right along...and then some especially tonight. Good lord

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
wprager wrote:Spezza had 2:05 PK time. Kelly had 2:20 (mind you, he would have had more if not for sitting in the box for 2 minutes). Ruutu had 2:08. Interesting development here?

The guy's been working his Donkey off to get more responsibility. And he deserves it. He has a scarcely believable 2 giveaways in 7 games and 7 takeaways and his faceoff percentage is 58.5%.

+1

He had a great game despite the zero points. Shows he's maturing...now here's hoping he finds the twine with that regin fellow soon

Sophomore
Sophomore

Michallica wrote:Why do tHe sens try their best to hand back all momentum to the opposition? Pedal to the Metal boys!!

And so glad they won but daaamn 111519 was right along...and then some especially tonight. Good lord

and I am sure I saw something by the grassy knoll. Ohnoes!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:How much PK time did Spezza have? I just saw the end. With 7 seconds to go Spezza was out there -- for the face off, obviously, but still. And he blocks the shot from the point and it bounces out of the zone to end the game. Nice. He may not have gotten any points, but he had a pretty good game,.

A reward for having a heck of a responsible game and being dangerous offensively. More of that from Spezza please!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Why do tHe sens try their best to hand back all momentum to the opposition? Pedal to the Metal boys!!

That's the final thing to clean up from tonight. Everything else was smooth until we decided we'd had enough of this 'hockey' thing and stopped playing in the 3rd.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:

That's the final thing to clean up from tonight. Everything else was smooth until we decided we'd had enough of this 'hockey' thing and stopped playing in the 3rd.

Gotta give the Leafs *some* credit. Can't stand Kulemin always crashing the crease, but he was doing his job and very well. McArthur, too. If their team-mates in stripes had started doing their job sooner, who knows how it may have gone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum