GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 30, 2010

+19
asq2
Urkie
Bramlet07
Oglethorpe
spader
Ev
Straight Shooter
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
rooneypoo
Hoags
SensHulk
PKC
Riprock
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Predict the outcome

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 30, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_lcap213%GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 30, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 30, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 30, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 30, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_lcap263%GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 30, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 63% [ 5 ]
GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 30, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_lcap224%GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 30, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Yes, I know. I don't like people complaining about the refs in general (in any sports). They're just scapegoats fro your team not playing well. People rarely complain about reffring when your team is winning. Rolling Eyes

Funny u say that...sens won last night and we're still complaining about the refs. Hell the senators team has complained to the league about the reffing so it's not just a scapegoat issue. Fact is, the refs can play nice when they want and be dicks when they want. There is no denying this and they're not robots that automatically make calls consistently like a video game. It's unfortunately a big aspect of the complaints, but not all is not warranted (see last five minutes of the game vs leafs.....if those aren't generous calls that endanger the result of the game, I don't know what is)

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:That really was unnecessary. Show a tiny bit of respect, will ya?

No-one here is whining. I don't think rooneypoo is arguing that Fisher wasn't pushed -- the video clip clearly shows that he was; in fact just before the goal Chara pushes off him to spin around to face the shooter (Alfie) and as a result Fisher was pushed deeper into the crease.

Oh, it needed to be said. The complete lack of respect that has been displayed lately by some people around here for steady rocks like Phillips and Neil, and for Elliott's efforts to date, needs to be put in its place.

On the ref'ing thing: I just view the Alfie non-goal as simply a crease violation, as I've said before. That, AND, I thought the idea of a pro-Leafs conspiracy rather far fetched -- until I saw what happened in the last six minutes of last night's game. Yikes.

His post said nothing about Phillips, Neil or Eliiott, though. We had a disagreement -- you and I -- and neither one of us was whining. Hell, we didn't lose that game because of one goal.

A 19 year old kid telling a grown up to stop whining (when he wasn't) is unnecessary, and if you don't think that's disrespectful then you weren't brought up right.

Now, if your point is that no-one complained when Phillips and Neil and Neil were show disrespect, that's a different story. And where were you when this same 19-year-old called Neil "a bit gutless at times"?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

No-one here is whining. I don't think rooneypoo is arguing that Fisher wasn't pushed -- the video clip clearly shows that he was; in fact just before the goal Chara pushes off him to spin around to face the shooter (Alfie) and as a result Fisher was pushed deeper into the crease.

Oh, it needed to be said. The complete lack of respect that has been displayed lately by some people around here for steady rocks like Phillips and Neil, and for Elliott's efforts to date, needs to be put in its place.

On the ref'ing thing: I just view the Alfie non-goal as simply a crease violation, as I've said before. That, AND, I thought the idea of a pro-Leafs conspiracy rather far fetched -- until I saw what happened in the last six minutes of last night's game. Yikes.

His post said nothing about Phillips, Neil or Eliiott, though. We had a disagreement -- you and I -- and neither one of us was whining. Hell, we didn't lose that game because of one goal.

A 19 year old kid telling a grown up to stop whining (when he wasn't) is unnecessary, and if you don't think that's disrespectful then you weren't brought up right.

Now, if your point is that no-one complained when Phillips and Neil and Neil were show disrespect, that's a different story. And where were you when this same 19-year-old called Neil "a bit gutless at times"?

In this instance I didn't tell only you to stop whining, I told EVERYBODY who was complaining about that call.

And it's not disrespectful to call somebody out for complaining about the referees' calls/non-calls (which you do in pretty much every GDT - nothing against you personally, but you do it a lot).

and as for the bolded part, that's unnecessary. So let me guess, you can call me a whiner and it would be totally cool, since you're older than me, right? Don't go down that road, that was totally uncalled for.

Now, I hope this isn't dragged out and turned into a big argument - we're all Sens fans and I dig your contribution to this site, wprager, I just feel you're out of line sometimes.

and I don't believe I ever called Neil gutless, I said he just does what most Chris Neil-type players do, try to start Dung at the end of a game when you're down by a lot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, but when did I call you a whiner? I said it was disrespectful for a 19 year old to tell a 49 year old to stop whining.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

HeadBanger

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sorry, but when did I call you a whiner? I said it was disrespectful for a 19 year old to tell a 49 year old to stop whining.

You didn't, I just used it as an example to show how that kind of thinking is flawed.

Age shouldn't have anything to do with it. 18 years old = adulthood. If you wanna say that it's disrespectful to call somebody a whiner, then that's fine, but don't bring age into it.

Maybe it's disrespectful if you're own kid called you that, otherwise no, I don't think it's disrespectful if it's true.

Or, are you saying that it's ok for 49 year-olds to whine about things?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

If I may shed some light on this, at least in the case of prags and rooney, I think rooney thinks you meant the 'show a little respect' part for him, to which he said 'oh it needed to be said because...' to which prags misunderstands and thinks that rooney supports Big Ev calling ppl whiners.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I think we have our wires crossed.

When you said "that was disrespectful" right below my post that said to Big Ev "that's the smartest thing you've said in two weeks," I naturally assumed you were commenting on my post, and that's why I responded.

Ev has been very dismissive of guys like Neil and Elliott lately, not in the post above, sure, but for weeks now and in a number of threads, and I had had enough. Same goes for the attitude around here by some people towards Phillips, of which I believe Ev was a part (but I could be wrong on that, tho'). And, for the record, I have been responding to these asinine comments as often as I can. I've had more than my fill of analysis coming from fantasy hockey arm-chair GMs and/or people who think the season is over and decided 8 games in.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:If I may shed some light on this, at least in the case of prags and rooney, I think rooney thinks you meant the 'show a little respect' part for him, to which he said 'oh it needed to be said because...' to which prags misunderstands and thinks that rooney supports Big Ev calling ppl whiners.

Precisely.

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Big Ev wrote:I'm just tired of coming here and reading complaints about the referees (in every single game-day thread).

There's a simple solution to that one. We'll event learn to live with it. Sarcasm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:Oh, it needed to be said. The complete lack of respect that has been displayed lately by some people around here for steady rocks like Phillips and Neil, and for Elliott's efforts to date, needs to be put in its place.

That's funny, since the guy you posted in agreement to had been leading the charge in bashing players...

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

ddt wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Oh, it needed to be said. The complete lack of respect that has been displayed lately by some people around here for steady rocks like Phillips and Neil, and for Elliott's efforts to date, needs to be put in its place.

That's funny, since the guy you posted in agreement to had been leading the charge in bashing players...

Hey, he said something sensible for a change. Props where props are due. TipHat

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
Michallica wrote:If I may shed some light on this, at least in the case of prags and rooney, I think rooney thinks you meant the 'show a little respect' part for him, to which he said 'oh it needed to be said because...' to which prags misunderstands and thinks that rooney supports Big Ev calling ppl whiners.

Precisely.

My apologies.

I'd gotten into a (somewhat) bad habit of posting a reply without quoting. Some stupid thinking about not overburdening the network with unnecessary quoting.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:Sens have won 3 of 4. Spezza has missed 4 straight. Facepalm

I wonder who has noted this kind of correlation before in the past? Hmmm....

My how things have changed. Now people are wishing Spezza was back. Record without Spezza? 1 - 6 - 1.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:Sens have won 3 of 4. Spezza has missed 4 straight. Facepalm

I wonder who has noted this kind of correlation before in the past? Hmmm....

My how things have changed. Now people are wishing Spezza was back. Record without Spezza? 1 - 6 - 1.

I've been saying that Spezza is a pretty good player for months now.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

This team can't win faceoffs without Spezza.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

This team is bad with Spezza in the lineup, but it's much worse without him.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:This team can't win faceoffs without Spezza.

Or score, or stay in the zone for any thing of time on the PP.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum