GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

David Rundblad

+16
CockRoche
rooneypoo
spader
PKC
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
PTFlea
asq2
TheAvatar
shabbs
wprager
Ev
Hoags
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

61David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:26 am

Straight Shooter

Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:Sorry you dissagree. I post when I can which isn't much. Not sure how to answer your question though, but i posted this a couple days ago which not many people know. "Parise is also only the 2nd player in the history of Jacques Lemaire's nhl coachiong career to get over 80 points in one season. Gaborik had 83 for minnesota in 2008, Parise had 82 last year in Jersey.That says a lot about Parise's talents." Not sure what constitutes something worth reading.

Things worth reading don't include ridiculing people's opinions by coming over the top with absurd exaggerations. If you don't agree that Cowen has Chara potential in him, then fine, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion. But don't make someone else feel stupid by saying it the way you did.

I think the captain knows what i was getting at. You can say every prospect has potential with proper coaching, even Lee.

62David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:29 am

Straight Shooter

Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:
So I was right, every prospects has the potential to be the best ever. all i am saying is why bother saying it. of course potential is potential. anyway, whatever, it is no big deal. i just wouldnt have said it is all i am saying.

That's your argument? Every prospect? You're not serious are you? There's a clear difference between a guy like Jared Cowan or David Rundblad and just any old prospect IMO.

Prospects are kids, they all have the ability to be shaped into greatness with proper coaching, will, drive, situation. potential is what you make of it.

63David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:30 am

Straight Shooter

Rookie
Rookie

Anyway, moving on. the tone of this discussion wont improve and i guess that is partly my fault.

64David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:36 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Straight Shooter wrote:
PKC wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:Sorry you dissagree. I post when I can which isn't much. Not sure how to answer your question though, but i posted this a couple days ago which not many people know. "Parise is also only the 2nd player in the history of Jacques Lemaire's nhl coachiong career to get over 80 points in one season. Gaborik had 83 for minnesota in 2008, Parise had 82 last year in Jersey.That says a lot about Parise's talents." Not sure what constitutes something worth reading.

Things worth reading don't include ridiculing people's opinions by coming over the top with absurd exaggerations. If you don't agree that Cowen has Chara potential in him, then fine, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion. But don't make someone else feel stupid by saying it the way you did.

I think the captain knows what i was getting at. You can say every prospect has potential with proper coaching, even Lee.

Then why didn't you just say it like that in the first place?

65David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:48 am

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:Locke is struggling to even be in the lineup; he was down in Elmira for a while to get minutes, because he was too far down the depth chart to be in the top six.

I think you're confusing Corey Locke, who is our top scorer in Bingo, with Corey Cowick, who was indeed sent to Elmira, but is now back in Bingo to recover from a concussion.

66David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:52 am

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Straight Shooter wrote:
oh and is this necassary?

Please, please, pleeeeeeease everyone, stop including the last 17 replies when you quote someone. It gets annoying pretty quick. It's easy enough to edit out.

Question to the mods: is there a way to make the reply only include the last quote in the chain by default?

67David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:
Now I've heard it all. Cowen has Chara potential. I also heard Butler has Stamkos potential, Wick has Datsyuk, Lehner has Roy, Hoffman has St. Louis, Rundblad has Lidstrom, Wiercioch has Rafalski, Silfverberg has Forsberg and Gryba has a tiny bit of Pronger. All our prospects have the ability to be first ballot hall of fame. reality check in 3, 2, 1...

Have you honestly ever posted anything worth reading?[/quote]

He's right, though. Except for Cowen, who was projected top-5 if not top-3 before his injury -- he is an elite prospect. He's not going to grow another 4", though, so he's not the next Chara; maybe Pronger (but let's not forget that Pronger went #2 overall). The others, not so much. I like how Lehner is big and tall and still quick, and the coolness he shows at such an early age is a quality quite a lot of goalie prospects are missing (and it may be more important than athleticism). But it's still a long way before we can say he is the next Roy Smile And Forsberg can say what he wants about Rundblad but, sorry, I'd like to see what he is like playing 82 games in NA. His stats are impressive, but it's still about a quarter of the way through their season, and this is the first season he's shown these kinds of stats. Let's not give him #5 quite yet.

68David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:58 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Ummm, I'm not sure what happened with your post, but I didn't write what was quoted to me.

69David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:00 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

ddt wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:
oh and is this necassary?

Please, please, pleeeeeeease everyone, stop including the last 17 replies when you quote someone. It gets annoying pretty quick. It's easy enough to edit out.

Question to the mods: is there a way to make the reply only include the last quote in the chain by default?

I co-sign on this. Some pages in the threads are insanely huge to load. And the scrolling takes forever.

70David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Locke is struggling to even be in the lineup; he was down in Elmira for a while to get minutes, because he was too far down the depth chart to be in the top six.

Best player in the AHL (or close to it), you must mean Cowick.

71David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ddt wrote:

Please, I also agree! Just left click and leave only the quote from the person you're actually quoting. I'm pretty sure there's no way to mod it to work that way, but it just takes a second!

72David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:34 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Suppose that next year, or the year after that, we're really close. Would you trade one of Rundblad or Wiercioch at the deadline to get a *real* top-six forward for a Cup run?

Think about it. Gonchar and Karlsson are lighting it up on the PP, Phillips is teaching Cowen the ropes and the kid's learning fast, O'Brien is a younger, faster, less-penalty-prone Ruutu, and your top six consists of the ageless Alfie, Spezza, Michalek, Fisher and one of Regin and Foligno -- hopefully one of them has finally learned what consistency requires. Butler isn't the answer, and neither are the young Swedes. Do you pull the trigger?

No. If we're a really good team (re: tough enough to battle it out in the playoffs, deep on the blue-line, good-to-excellent goaltending) but needed a top-6 forward then I'd rather part with our first rounder than deal Rundblad or Wiercioch. Again, you don't want to end up dealing the wrong guy, and both have significant potential.

As far as Wiercioch being the "odd man out" (not your quote but I don't want to quote everyone) I get that he's the most easily dealt but I think the only way that statement applies would be if we had 7 or 8 blue-chip d-men. A top-4 guy is still going to play mega minutes.

I think I differ from a lot of people in that I look at the early years of RL, EK, JC, DR, PW as potentially being a time to rebuild. Alfie will likely be gone, Kuba and Kovalev definitely will, Gonchar might get one or two years with Rundblad but I doubt he's here beyond this current contract, Phillips and Fisher may be past their primes, RKN as a unit won't be here, etc. I suppose there is a good chance Spezza, Foligno, Michalek and Regin will be here and we'll have money to spend on a better supporting cast, though.

I just feel that the five blue-chippers on the back-end are all going to go through growing pains and it's not realistic to expect them to form the back-end of a Stanley Cup contender until at least 24-25. I think the early 20s years are a good time to try to pick up some elite forwards in the draft, since they typically develop faster than defencemen do. Then you pursue top-notch FAs looking to be a part of a young, exciting and potentially contending team. It's sort of the Chicago approach (and why earlier on in the season while we were sucking I was dreaming about landing both Kane and Toews RNH and Couturier in the draft).

But, in a lot of ways it's really hard to predict what'll happen down the road and Spezza's showing, albeit against lesser teams, that he can produce without Alfredsson -- which is a good thing, I guess. :crossarms: Sarcasm

I don't expect us to ever try to do anything more than "retool" rather than "rebuild."

73David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:10 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

asq2 wrote:I think I differ from a lot of people in that I look at the early years of RL, EK, JC, DR, PW as potentially being a time to rebuild. Alfie will likely be gone, Kuba and Kovalev definitely will, Gonchar might get one or two years with Rundblad but I doubt he's here beyond this current contract, Phillips and Fisher may be past their primes, RKN as a unit won't be here, etc. I suppose there is a good chance Spezza, Foligno, Michalek and Regin will be here and we'll have money to spend on a better supporting cast, though.

Very good post.

One thing though: maybe I'm just dense, but I've been recking my brain for 5 minutes, and I can't figure out who RL is.

EDIT: NM, I figured it out. I was thinking D-man, but obviously RL is Robin Lehner... Shrug

74David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:47 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

ddt wrote:Very good post.

One thing though: maybe I'm just dense, but I've been recking my brain for 5 minutes, and I can't figure out who RL is.

EDIT: NM, I figured it out. I was thinking D-man, but obviously RL is Robin Lehner... Shrug

Laugh1 On the whole I wasn't really clear in that post. I should also qualify that when I said "24-25" and "early 20s years" I was referring to their ages and not 2024-25.

75David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:

Best player in the AHL (or close to it), you must mean Cowick.

Oops. No excuse for that. I timed myself out -- you can check by the time-stampes between posts.

76David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:13 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Okay we have a potential all star top 4 on D, why are we discussing trading one of them again?
By the time Wiercioch, Rundblad and Cowen are top 4 on this team, we'll probably have 3 more drafts where we can go bananas on forwards.
I'd rather wait for that day to assess where the needs are. Imagine we trade Wiercioch for a forward prospect today, and Wiercioch becomes an all star while the prospect we get is a huge bust. Ugh... David Rundblad - Page 5 270956
Or we can just wait, Wiercioch and Rundblad become top 4 with Karlsson and COwen, and we trade one of them for an established 22 year old top 6 sniper Wink

77David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:30 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any David Rundblad updates?

78David Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: David Rundblad Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Any David Rundblad updates?

This just in: ... more to come ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum