GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

David Rundblad

+16
CockRoche
rooneypoo
spader
PKC
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
PTFlea
asq2
TheAvatar
shabbs
wprager
Ev
Hoags
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

16David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:45 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, they knew they were trading Eller for a goalie at the draft, maybe even had the deal in place contingent on it.

17David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:50 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, they knew they were trading Eller for a goalie at the draft, maybe even had the deal in place contingent on it.

Also, at the moment Pietrangelo and Johnson have N1D potential, well Johnson is already a N1... but at the forwards rank Oshie, Berglund, Perron etc still haven't shown top line production.

18David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:48 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's a video I posted earlier in another thread. Rundblad scores a beauty. The scoring play starts around 2.14m

19David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:41 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Well, I didn't see any of it but apparently Rundblad had a great game today, picking up an assist while carrying the defensive load playing on the first-pairing alongside a '92 rookie. I'll quote the HF poster Harks:

Rundblad has been dominating the ice both in D and O end.
He has taken not one but two steps this year in my opinion, does eveything so fluently and solid.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=28629280&postcount=963

Unfortunately he had a bad give-away, his first real hiccup on the season, that led to the winning goal. But Forsberg put him right back out there afterwards when the team was getting to get it back.

20David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:08 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Ho hum, Rundblad has another point so far today.

Adam Larsson also had a point and got in a bloody fight with 32-year-old ex-NHLer Daniel Corso. He was pretty bloody at the end but apparently held his own. Granted, he's got about 4 1/2 inches on the guy, but he's also fifteen years younger.

21David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Did you change your avatar to Rundblad?

22David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Did you change your avatar to Rundblad?

I think that's Larsson after he was bloodied in the fight. Just a guess though. Doesn't really look like Rundblad.

23David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:
I think that's Larsson after he was bloodied in the fight. Just a guess though. Doesn't really look like Rundblad.

Yeah, you're right I think.

24David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:21 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Did you change your avatar to Rundblad?

Correct.

In other news, Cowen has a goal and is +2 so far tonight. So that makes Rundblad with 13 points and +5 in 17 SEL games and Cowen with 9 points and +9 in 11 WHL games. Rockon

25David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Correct.

In other news, Cowen has a goal and is +2 so far tonight. So that makes Rundblad with 13 points and +5 in 17 SEL games and Cowen with 9 points and +9 in 11 WHL games. Rockon

From everything I've read and heard, Cowen is on a mission as well as Rundblad.

26David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:47 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

So where does that leave the ultra-smooth skating Pat Weircioch?

27David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:

In the minors. Smile Seriously though, it all depends on when Wiercioch adapts to the pros, it could be next game, it could be next year. It's all a waiting game on him now. Same with Gryba, odds are they'll be good pros because of their NCAA success, but they're not translating very well....yet.

Or, Wiercioch could be trade bait for a young forward I guess, but I don't think now's the time for that.

28David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:21 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Cowen - Karlsson
Rundblad - Wiercioch

Or,

Wiercioch - Karlsson
Cowen - Rundblad

With Gryba as the #5. I think that's the long-term plan, anyway. In terms of where he is at the moment, I think he's the longest-term project of the three non-NHLers. He'll probably have to wait the longest to crack the roster unless he puts in an incredible summer; Cowen and Rundblad are just more physically developed.

I definitely would wait on trading PW for a forward prospect for at least a year or two more. I'd want to wait to see how everything plays out rather than risk dealing the wrong guy, and you never know how the next drafts will play it out in terms of helping our forward situation.

But especially in front of Lehner, it bears repeating how awesome that future back-end could be.

29David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:24 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

The Saskatoon Blades' Colour Guy is a poster on HF and after watching him live last night posted saying Cowen "is a beast" and reminds him of Pronger. Smile

30David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:16 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

[quote="asq2"][quote="PKC"][quote="SpezDispenser"]
asq2 wrote:

Cowen - Karlsson
Rundblad - Wiercioch

Or,

Wiercioch - Karlsson
Cowen - Rundblad

HappyDance1

31David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:03 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SSK and SAIK are in a 2-2 tie. Rundblad has a primary assist so far, so 14 points in 17 2/3 games for him at the moment.

32David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:14 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:SSK and SAIK are in a 2-2 tie. Rundblad has a primary assist so far, so 14 points in 17 2/3 games for him at the moment.

Wow. I don't think people around here have yet to develop a full appreciation for what we got when acquired in David Rundblad.

He will be challenging for a roster spot next year if he keeps this up, no question.

33David Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:53 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
asq2 wrote:SSK and SAIK are in a 2-2 tie. Rundblad has a primary assist so far, so 14 points in 17 2/3 games for him at the moment.

Wow. I don't think people around here have yet to develop a full appreciation for what we got when acquired in David Rundblad.

He will be challenging for a roster spot next year if he keeps this up, no question.

I've been reading up about him all morning and a lot of people think he's gonna be the same caliber defenseman as a Mark Streit, perhaps even more offensively gifted because of his ridiculous ability to go coast-to-coast on the rush.

Here's one such review that compares him to both Mark Streit and Mike Green:

http://thehockeywriters.com/davidrundblad/

Edit: Also thought it should be mentioned that Rundblad is 10th in scoring in the entire Eliteserien (not counting today's game), which is 10 spots ahead of the Sens other favorite Swedish prospect Silfverberg.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum