GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cheechoo To Train With Dallas

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cheechoo To Train With Dallas Empty Cheechoo To Train With Dallas Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Henderson33

Henderson33
Prospect
Prospect

With all you sens fans around thought you might be interested. I think if they sign him and let him play with Richards or Ribeiro he might put up some goals seeing as his best seasons were with Thornton setting him up.

Cheechoo To Attend Stars Training Camp
Saturday, 09.04.2010 / 11:01 AM / News
Dallas Stars

Jonathan Cheechoo
Frisco, Tex - Dallas Stars General Manager Joe Nieuwendyk announced today that right wing Jonathan Cheechoo has accepted an invitation to attend the Dallas Stars' training camp for a tryout.

"We're pleased that Jonathan has accepted our invitation to come to our training camp," Nieuwendyk said. "He has shown the ability to be an effective scorer in this league. He's a competitor and we're going to give him an opportunity."

Cheechoo, 29, played in 61 games with the Ottawa Senators in 2009-10, registering five goals, nine assists and 20 penalty minutes.

The native of Moose Factory, Ont., was San Jose’s second-round pick (29th overall) in 1998 NHL Entry Draft. In 501 career National Hockey League games, the right-winger has scored 170 goals, added 135 assists and 324 penalty minutes. He also recorded 35 points (16 goals and 19 assists) and 32 penalty minutes in 59 career playoff games.

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Cheechoo won the Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy as the NHL’s leading goal scorer when he tallied 56 goals for the Sharks in 2005-06. Cheechoo was also voted in as a starter for the 2007 NHL all-star game.

Stars training camp begins on Sept. 17 in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.

2Cheechoo To Train With Dallas Empty Re: Cheechoo To Train With Dallas Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:12 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Henderson33 wrote:With all you sens fans around thought you might be interested. I think if they sign him and let him play with Richards or Ribeiro he might put up some goals seeing as his best seasons were with Thornton setting him up.

Cheechoo To Attend Stars Training Camp
Saturday, 09.04.2010 / 11:01 AM / News
Dallas Stars

Jonathan Cheechoo
Frisco, Tex - Dallas Stars General Manager Joe Nieuwendyk announced today that right wing Jonathan Cheechoo has accepted an invitation to attend the Dallas Stars' training camp for a tryout.

"We're pleased that Jonathan has accepted our invitation to come to our training camp," Nieuwendyk said. "He has shown the ability to be an effective scorer in this league. He's a competitor and we're going to give him an opportunity."

Cheechoo, 29, played in 61 games with the Ottawa Senators in 2009-10, registering five goals, nine assists and 20 penalty minutes.

The native of Moose Factory, Ont., was San Jose’s second-round pick (29th overall) in 1998 NHL Entry Draft. In 501 career National Hockey League games, the right-winger has scored 170 goals, added 135 assists and 324 penalty minutes. He also recorded 35 points (16 goals and 19 assists) and 32 penalty minutes in 59 career playoff games.

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Cheechoo won the Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy as the NHL’s leading goal scorer when he tallied 56 goals for the Sharks in 2005-06. Cheechoo was also voted in as a starter for the 2007 NHL all-star game.

Stars training camp begins on Sept. 17 in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.

Dude couldn't score with the likes of Spezza, Alfie, Michalek, Kovalev, and Fisher all around him. A change of scenery will make zero difference. The plain fact of the matter is that he simply can't skate anymore -- it's embarrassing and painful to watch.

I'm rooting for him, because he's a good guy, but don't hold your breath expecting anything remarkable from him. A 15-goal season would be a huge triumph.

3Cheechoo To Train With Dallas Empty Re: Cheechoo To Train With Dallas Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:03 pm

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

In your defense Hendersonn33, I will say that if you go back and read old threads like I did after joining and before when I was just eavesdropping, almost everybody on this site said the same thing as you. They all said, "Cheechoo will score 30 goals and be a force just like he was for San Jose in the playoffs prior to coming to Ottawa."
In reality, he just doesn't have it anymore. Be happy with the fact that it is just a tryout and the Stars didn't sign him to a deal.
In Dallas, with 11 forwards on one-way contracts, James Neal soon to be signed and Jamie Benn a shoe-in, Cheechoo will be nothing more that a healthy scratch if he even makes the Stars, which I doubt he will.
That is from a Straight Shooter.

4Cheechoo To Train With Dallas Empty Re: Cheechoo To Train With Dallas Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:17 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Best of luck to you Cheec. I think the writing on the wall is pretty clear but who knows.

5Cheechoo To Train With Dallas Empty Re: Cheechoo To Train With Dallas Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I just looked at the subject of this thread again:

Cheechoo ... train ..

Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum