GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

A-Train the WARRIOR

+3
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1A-Train the WARRIOR Empty A-Train the WARRIOR Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:22 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

This thread is for any and all A-Train related discussion.

I will start with this.

Last night A-Train showed me even more why he is amongst my top 2 favorite players on this team (yes over Heatley and Spezza). This guy is an absolute Warrior, through and through. No one can argue with that.

So, he injured his leg during one of his shifts, it looked like a weird tangle up with one of the Habs players in front of our net. So, he's hurt and he's trying to get off the ice, but the guys couldn't get the puck deep enough in the other zone for him to change. All you see is him trying to get off the ice, and the puck coming back in our end and him following the play. He still threw some hits on some guys and played some awesome defence in front of our net, and also threatened to block another shot (which never came). He just didn't give up, and you could clearly see how much pain he was in, it was unbelievable. I think he must have tried to get off the ice about 3 times in total. I can't recall the last time I've seen anything remotely like this from a player. Usually guys are so hurt and distracted by it that they give up on plays or get off the ice anyway.

A-Train I love you man!! You're the ultimate Warrior!

He and Alfie are by far the strongest players that I have ever had the joy of watching.

2A-Train the WARRIOR Empty Re: A-Train the WARRIOR Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:24 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

If he was canadian, he would be on Coach`s corner every week.

3A-Train the WARRIOR Empty Re: A-Train the WARRIOR Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddling unreal how strong this guy is as a defender. Absolutely a beast of epic proportions!

There is no one who is a Sens' fan who can say they don't absolutely love what this guy brings to the table.

4A-Train the WARRIOR Empty Re: A-Train the WARRIOR Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:26 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

If the Sens dont have enough money to resign this guy I would trade anybody not named Alfredsson to make some room.

5A-Train the WARRIOR Empty Re: A-Train the WARRIOR Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:27 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Please sign him now to a looooooooong contract. This is one of the only guys that I would shed tears for if he left this team. I don't ever want to see him anywhere else.

He should also be given an A a little bit down the road.

6A-Train the WARRIOR Empty Re: A-Train the WARRIOR Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:28 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

marakh wrote:If the Sens dont have enough money to resign this guy I would trade anybody not named Alfredsson to make some room.

I 2nd this!

7A-Train the WARRIOR Empty Re: A-Train the WARRIOR Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:28 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

If he doesn't inspire every guy on this team, I don't know what would.

8A-Train the WARRIOR Empty Re: A-Train the WARRIOR Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Please sign him now to a looooooooong contract. This is one of the only guys that I would shed tears for if he left this team. I don't ever want to see him anywhere else.

I think at this point, unless there was a ludicrous offer for him, people would revolt if he wasn't re-signed. So we can probably rest easy on that one.

9A-Train the WARRIOR Empty Re: A-Train the WARRIOR Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:45 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Please sign him now to a looooooooong contract. This is one of the only guys that I would shed tears for if he left this team. I don't ever want to see him anywhere else.

I think at this point, unless there was a ludicrous offer for him, people would revolt if he wasn't re-signed. So we can probably rest easy on that one.

I would revolt and personally send Bryan Murray hate mail forever if A-Train is not extended, no one blocks shots like this guy and plays hurt like this guy (except maybe alfie)

10A-Train the WARRIOR Empty Re: A-Train the WARRIOR Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:01 am

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

My love for u Atrain is endless ,he truley gets the team concept.He will go down as one of the most selfless d men that russia has ever produced ,guys like heater spezz,etc should hand over some of their cash to this guy he earns it :D:

11A-Train the WARRIOR Empty Re: A-Train the WARRIOR Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:08 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

A-Train the WARRIOR Anton_10

12A-Train the WARRIOR Empty Re: A-Train the WARRIOR Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:01 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

thanks Stargate for starting a well-deserved thread of recognition for the ULTIMATE Sens Warrior (IMHO): Anton Volchenkov!

I truly hope Murray's FIRST order of business this off-season or early next season is extending this fella for a LOONG time. and by all means, give him an NTC. Smile

But seriously, he, Alfie and Fisher fill me with pride when I see them hit the ice for their respective shifts; and A-Train doesn't seem to know the meaning of the word quit or give-in; and for that, I love you man!

Here's hoping you stay a Sen for YEARS to come.

"Будьте сильными, и держать боев воин!"

Translated: Stay strong, and keep fighting Warrior!"

13A-Train the WARRIOR Empty Re: A-Train the WARRIOR Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:06 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

^^^ Very cool Cronie! Well said!!

He will be locked up soon, I'm sure of it. You just don't let a guy like this go, you lock him up for LIFE!

I have a very special place in my heart for him and Alfie. No one else comes close for me.

14A-Train the WARRIOR Empty Re: A-Train the WARRIOR Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:40 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Same here Sensgirl. True diamonds in the rough. We need these guys to move forward IMHO.

15A-Train the WARRIOR Empty Re: A-Train the WARRIOR Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:23 am

Again, ANOTHER reason why one of the huge contracts up front have to go. I dont have much doubt at all that one of Heatley or Spezza will be gone come July 1 this year.

A Train needs to be signed! There is no doubt in the world that this guys on ice play rubs off on others and is an absolute inspiration to everyone on that team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum