GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

rumours "du jour"

+19
The Silfer Server
PKC
Oglethorpe
Straight Shooter
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
Ev
wprager
LeCaptain
asq2
TheAvatar
SensHulk
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
CockRoche
Riprock
PTFlea
Flo The Action
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 21]

301rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:33 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BTW anybody hear anything about a trade going down in ottawa? Sarcasm

302rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:04 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I see what you're saying PKC. I was thinking win-now as well.

303rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:08 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:name escapes me but i hear he's quite good, and no not markstrom

Alexander Salak

304rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:18 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:anyone notice how senschirp seems to have disappeared as well?

He was (is?) out of town, I think.

305rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:25 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:name escapes me but i hear he's quite good, and no not markstrom

Alexander Salak
that's it... atta boy.

going to philly: alenxender salak, vokoun

going to florida: jeff carter, boucher/Leighton (which ever FLA wants).

sounds like a deal both teams would want. philly acquires a goalie for a stanley cup run now and a goalie of the future. florida acquires a top 3 talent they would never be able to ink on the free agent market.

306rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:39 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

bryce salvador might be on his way to dallas and apperently zubrus is available.
also the B's have confirmed to M savard that he's going nowhere.
from hockey 30:
Un vétéran à Montréal? Lapierre pro-Price et autres rumeurs
Samedi, 04 Septembre 2010
Par HOCKEY30.com

- Le Canadien de Montréal est toujours à la recherche d'un attaquant d'expérience à bas prix.

- Maxim Lapierre est persuadé que Carey Price supplantera Jaroslav Halak, « Carey sera le meilleur des deux à long terme. Je suis content de voir qu'on pourra compter sur lui pour les deux prochaines saisons. Je n'étais pas inquiet. Non seulement il restait un gros deux semaines avant l'ouverture du camp d'entraînement, mais je connaissais la volonté de Carey de rejoindre l'équipe le plus vite possible»a affirmé le Québécois.

- RDS annoncera le remplaçant de Benoît Brunet la semaine prochaine. Nous le répétons. Joël Bouchera a de très bonnes chances d'obenir le poste.

- Marc Savard restera à Boston. "Nous avons dit à Marc qu'il n'irait nulle part et qu'il faisait partie de notre organisation," a déclaré le directeur général Peter Chiarelli. Ce dernier a tout fait en son pouvoir pour échanger son joueur de centre, mais sans succès.

- Jonathan Cheechoo a obtenu un essai avec les Stars.

- Toujours chez les Stars, le défenseur Bryce Salvador (Devils) serait sur le point d'être échangé à Dallas.

- Les Devils auraient aussi mis Dainius Zubrus sur le marché des échanges, histoire de libérer de la masse salariale pour accommoder l'énorme contrat de Kovalchuk.

307rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:04 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Alexander Salak
that's it... atta boy.

going to philly: alenxender salak, vokoun

going to florida: jeff carter, boucher/Leighton (which ever FLA wants).

sounds like a deal both teams would want. philly acquires a goalie for a stanley cup run now and a goalie of the future. florida acquires a top 3 talent they would never be able to ink on the free agent market.

Florida and Philadelphia aren't going to make that trade. Just think about it: why would Philadelphia trade Jeff Carter for one year of Vokoun and a fringe goaltending prospect?

Essentially, in the long term, the trade becomes Jeff Carter for Alexander Salak.

308rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:46 am

cap space. and no one's saying they can't re-sign Vokoun.

309rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps you underestimate how dense Holmgren can be sometimes though.

310rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:58 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Kovalfie wrote:cap space. and no one's saying they can't re-sign Vokoun.

I outlined exactly why they can't a few posts back.

311rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:09 pm

touché

312rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:

you're taking into account that vokoun would re-sign for another large deal. there's always a possibility that he inks a 4 year deal for something around 3 mill a season. he is 34. i know that's not too bad in terms of goalies.
but look at it this way:
1 florida had to overpay in order to keep him
2 the goalie market is not what it used to be
3 players will take a bit of a pay cut in order to sign with contenders

i don't think it's beyond the realm of possibilities that this thing could happen. and remember Holmgren is trigger happy.

313rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He'd be nuts to though Flo. He's signed a contract which is set to expire at the end of this season - and he's done what every athlete wants to do - he's positioned himself to be one of the top free agents on the market. This next contract is a big one for Vokoun, I doubt he thinks about any discounts - and I also doubt he settles for under 5 million (all IMO of course).

314rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:He'd be nuts to though Flo. He's signed a contract which is set to expire at the end of this season - and he's done what every athlete wants to do - he's positioned himself to be one of the top free agents on the market. This next contract is a big one for Vokoun, I doubt he thinks about any discounts - and I also doubt he settles for under 5 million (all IMO of course).
same hing happen with nabokov this season, and we can all play the "where is he now" game. sure he got his money but not in the NHL. they'll be an overload of goalies again next season and i think teams won't go over the 4 mill(MAX) mark.

315rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:54 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
PKC wrote:

you're taking into account that vokoun would re-sign for another large deal. there's always a possibility that he inks a 4 year deal for something around 3 mill a season. he is 34. i know that's not too bad in terms of goalies.
but look at it this way:

i don't think it's beyond the realm of possibilities that this thing could happen. and remember Holmgren is trigger happy.

I agree 100% with what SpezD said. Why would he accept a paycut on his last significant UFA deal? He's been in the top 5 statistical goalie categories for the last few years playing for one of the worst franchises in the league, why would he all of a sudden accept to play for half price when he's at the peak of his career and on the way to retirement?

Besides that, what does your second point have to do with anything? The goalie market isn't what it used to be in terms of trade value, but all the top tier goalies have been still getting huge money contracts.

316rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:55 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:He'd be nuts to though Flo. He's signed a contract which is set to expire at the end of this season - and he's done what every athlete wants to do - he's positioned himself to be one of the top free agents on the market. This next contract is a big one for Vokoun, I doubt he thinks about any discounts - and I also doubt he settles for under 5 million (all IMO of course).
same hing happen with nabokov this season, and we can all play the "where is he now" game. sure he got his money but not in the NHL. they'll be an overload of goalies again next season and i think teams won't go over the 4 mill(MAX) mark.

Vokoun has never played in Russia in his career, and I doubt he's about to start now.

317rumours "du jour" - Page 21 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PKC wrote:

but look at it this way:

I agree 100% with what SpezD said. Why would he accept a paycut on his last significant UFA deal? He's been in the top 5 statistical goalie categories for the last few years playing for one of the worst franchises in the league, why would he all of a sudden accept to play for half price when he's at the peak of his career and on the way to retirement?

Besides that, what does your second point have to do with anything? The goalie market isn't what it used to be in terms of trade value, but all the top tier goalies have been still getting huge money contracts.
i'm sure vancouver would like to redo the luongo deal. i don't think we'll see many 5+ mill contracts in the next few years. unless from a non-contending team that wants to keep their assets.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum