GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

rumours "du jour"

+19
The Silfer Server
PKC
Oglethorpe
Straight Shooter
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
Ev
wprager
LeCaptain
asq2
TheAvatar
SensHulk
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
CockRoche
Riprock
PTFlea
Flo The Action
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 21]

286rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:00 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:anyone notice how senschirp seems to have disappeared as well?
Brian Murray whashing the flood of his straight razor. "that will be the lash shing we 'll hear from you guysh"

uh-oh....they're taking down the leaks one by one....lets hope we don't know too much Ahhhhh!

287rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:06 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

I suspect he was tellling the truth.

Anomymous internet people with sources should just keep their mouth unless they can drop names and/or numbers. Hyping that 'something big may be going down' is stupid, you're saying

Senschirp is doing more and more of this lately which is why I don't go there anymore either.

288rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:That's funny... pretty sure I posted a reply.

I call evensy-stevensys: if you're going to take my reply down, then take his down too, and the one that prompted it. Fair's fair.

EDIT: Tell you what, CR, you send me absolute proof of your identity, and I'll do the same for you. I will of course keep anything we exchange to myself, if you will do the same for me. I know I am what I say I am, and I can prove it in about 2 minutes. But can the same be said for you?

Last time I was on this board reading posts was just after the whole N4L CR, Rooney issue and I was appalled how the whole thing went down and how it turned out. I was hoping that after some 5 weeks things had changed, but the very first post I read had this crap in it.

I'm no body, at least no body anyone here should care about. My opinion and contacts mean nothing, nor should they, but I can not believe that anyone on this board has the right to demand PROOF of anything. If you don't believe who he is, then shut up and don't read his posts. WHO CARES!!!

At one point I actually read and had an interest in your posts Rooney, but now all I see is a man with a PHD who acts like a child. I didn't get to where I am in life and business by challenging everyone who I crossed paths with, and I just can't believe this hasn't ended yet. At the very least that who challenge should have happened in private, but to continue to air your grievances in public speaks volumes to me.

I had a brief conversation with CR through PM one day and he provided me with enough proof that he is either who is says his is, or within a very close circle of friends. He revealed information that only a handful of people would know, so if he isn't the real Roche, then he is close enough to that group that he is one of them pretending to be Roche, which in itself is stupid.

Either way he and everyone else on this site owes you no explanation for who they are. If you don't like what they say, then stop reading...enough said.

I'll await your witty rebuttal.

Devo

289rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:16 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

no....NOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!! Peter Schaefer Surre BagoverHead

290rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:45 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:no....NOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!! Peter Schaefer Surre BagoverHead

My invitation was to settle this privately, and whatever happens there will stay off the board. 'Nuff said.

291rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Enough, settle it privately, I don't want to see another post about CR or Rooney's identity - or any more bickering of the sort.

I'm gonna put my foot down this time, it was really frustrating last time and I don't want to go through it again.

292rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:53 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The more things change... the more they stay the same...

See you guys in October.

293rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:The more things change... the more they stay the same...

See you guys in October.

Oh, no you don't! You're not leaving me here, alone with the normal people!

294rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:20 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

The more I think about this "rumor" the more I'm inclined to believe that Jeff Carter is finally going to get into an Ottawa Senators jersey. It just makes sense. Even the fact that Murray had his draft board in 2003 pegged as Parise, Carter, Getzlaf, Perry.

295rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:The more I think about this "rumor" the more I'm inclined to believe that Jeff Carter is finally going to get into an Ottawa Senators jersey. It just makes sense. Even the fact that Murray had his draft board in 2003 pegged as Parise, Carter, Getzlaf, Perry.
i could live with carter in ottawa but i just don't see how cap wise and trade wise it can happen. carter has huge value and many teams would be in if he were made available.

296rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:The more I think about this "rumor" the more I'm inclined to believe that Jeff Carter is finally going to get into an Ottawa Senators jersey. It just makes sense. Even the fact that Murray had his draft board in 2003 pegged as Parise, Carter, Getzlaf, Perry.

But what could we offer Philly for that? I know what you mean, it makes some sense - if Philly gets back a 2ish million dollar, solid goalie - and a nice prospect and a top pick. I thought the writing was on the wall when they signed Zherdev, but in retrospect I guess that was to make up for Gagne being moved.

I'd be really surprised if they traded him to us, I can see them moving Carter + slight cap dump to Florida for Vokoun + bottom 6 player to replace Giroux as he moves up to line 2. That's what I would do as Vokoun is a pending UFA and Carter a pending RFA. Nice for Florida too depending on what prospect the Flyers want back.

297rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If it's anything related to Jeff Carter I am sure I would read about it from the Flyers insider on the Dobber forums. He has said numerous times in the past 2 months that Carter hasn't been on the trade block. I'll ask him if he's heard anything at all.

and my faith in this rumour is at an all-time low Smile

EDIT: I asked the guy and he hasn't heard anything, but he doesn't think they will trade him. He HOPES they do though haha.

298rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

But what could we offer Philly for that? I know what you mean, it makes some sense - if Philly gets back a 2ish million dollar, solid goalie - and a nice prospect and a top pick. I thought the writing was on the wall when they signed Zherdev, but in retrospect I guess that was to make up for Gagne being moved.

I'd be really surprised if they traded him to us, I can see them moving Carter + slight cap dump to Florida for Vokoun + bottom 6 player to replace Giroux as he moves up to line 2. That's what I would do as Vokoun is a pending UFA and Carter a pending RFA. Nice for Florida too depending on what prospect the Flyers want back.
now that, makes perfect sense.

299rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:55 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

I don't think Philadelphia even thinks about that trade. Let me explain why:

- Of the top six highest earning players on the Philadelphia roster [Briere, Richards, Carter, Hartnell, Pronger, Timmonen], only Carter and Pronger don't have NTC/NMC. The likeliness of Philadelphia trading Pronger is almost non-existent in my estimation. Carter, an RFA, is due for a raise from his current $5-million contract.

- The Flyers will have several important free agents next year, notably: Carter, Leino and Giroux, with the possibility of Zherdev and Carcillo being prime re-signing candidates. Given the youth and outstanding playoff performances of Leino and Giroux, it's hard to believe that neither will receive a substantial raise from their current pay. Giroux could be a top-flight winger in the making and has proven himself to be a near-PPG playoff scorer, he'll likely see a hefty raise from his ELC.

- The year after, the Flyers have another batch of players to consider for signings. Both JvR and Coburn will be their top free agents and they'll have a possible vacancy at their goaltending position.

These three things lead me to believe that the Flyers have or could be shopping Carter either now or in the very near future. He'll most likely be heading into the $6+ million level of contracts with another solid performance. This will almost certainly be too much for the Flyers without trying to move one of the NTC/NMC players or sacrificing loads of depth across the roster to accomodate Carter's salary.

Your suggestion, to trade for Vokoun, also brings them to a similar crossroads: they won't have the money to re-sign him, even at a reduced price from his current $5.7-million. Essentially, the Flyers will have traded Carter for one year of Vokoun and future cap flexibility. However, say Ottawa is dangling Foligno + two firsts (a pretty considerable return), this would allow the Flyers to recoup the loss of the player, would give them a young roster forward with 20+ goal capability and would give them the cap flexibility going forward. Ottawa meanwhile would have the money to re-sign Carter to a long term deal since both Kovalev and Leclaire would be coming off the books.

300rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I don't think Philadelphia even thinks about that trade. Let me explain why:

- Of the top six highest earning players on the Philadelphia roster [Briere, Richards, Carter, Hartnell, Pronger, Timmonen], only Carter and Pronger don't have NTC/NMC. The likeliness of Philadelphia trading Pronger is almost non-existent in my estimation. Carter, an RFA, is due for a raise from his current $5-million contract.

- The Flyers will have several important free agents next year, notably: Carter, Leino and Giroux, with the possibility of Zherdev and Carcillo being prime re-signing candidates. Given the youth and outstanding playoff performances of Leino and Giroux, it's hard to believe that neither will receive a substantial raise from their current pay. Giroux could be a top-flight winger in the making and has proven himself to be a near-PPG playoff scorer, he'll likely see a hefty raise from his ELC.

- The year after, the Flyers have another batch of players to consider for signings. Both JvR and Coburn will be their top free agents and they'll have a possible vacancy at their goaltending position.

These three things lead me to believe that the Flyers have or could be shopping Carter either now or in the very near future. He'll most likely be heading into the $6+ million level of contracts with another solid performance. This will almost certainly be too much for the Flyers without trying to move one of the NTC/NMC players or sacrificing loads of depth across the roster to accomodate Carter's salary.

Your suggestion, to trade for Vokoun, also brings them to a similar crossroads: they won't have the money to re-sign him, even at a reduced price from his current $5.7-million. Essentially, the Flyers will have traded Carter for one year of Vokoun and future cap flexibility. However, say Ottawa is dangling Foligno + two firsts (a pretty considerable return), this would allow the Flyers to recoup the loss of the player, would give them a young roster forward with 20+ goal capability and would give them the cap flexibility going forward. Ottawa meanwhile would have the money to re-sign Carter to a long term deal since both Kovalev and Leclaire would be coming off the books.
that's a pretty hefty price. the reason i can see the flyers going after vokoun is following their "win now pay later" attitude. they could aquire one of the other panthers G prospects in the same trade(name escapes me but i hear he's quite good, and no not markstrom) that way they have a guy that can do it now and a guy that is their future.

301rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BTW anybody hear anything about a trade going down in ottawa? Sarcasm

302rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I see what you're saying PKC. I was thinking win-now as well.

303rumours "du jour" - Page 20 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:08 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:name escapes me but i hear he's quite good, and no not markstrom

Alexander Salak

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum