GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

rumours "du jour"

+19
The Silfer Server
PKC
Oglethorpe
Straight Shooter
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
Ev
wprager
LeCaptain
asq2
TheAvatar
SensHulk
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
CockRoche
Riprock
PTFlea
Flo The Action
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 21]

271rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:52 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If SensChirp is on the case, then that's all I really care about. BDP is a definite source, but so is JC.

272rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:07 pm

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Michallica wrote:I think we're comparing two different things here. My beef is with the fact that bdp is saying that his source will find out through HB (and yost) about him and what I'm saying is that the same info gets posted here which leads another user to say pickup the info from here. again, if the real issue was about his source not leaking anymore info to him because of yost's antics, but has anything been done about the post itself? no, its more of a personal combat between the two. I don't buy the bogus about this being yost's fault, which is the argument he's making. I buy the fact that information about the internet's source shouldn't be presented on such a personal level, but he's leaving himself wide open to those antics by not setting some precedent or rule. Its a public forum!

and about the sens people scouring here, I think I heard this from prags or cap'n, so no I really have no way to prove this.

The point is, 1000s of more people will read HB than here or any other hockey rumour site. BDP's source is more likely to hear about BDP positing what he does now precisely because it's on HB.

Not all hockey forums are created equal. The more followers, the more likely it is that BDP's source will hear about this. It's pretty simple, really.

In my opinion, you are scewing the facts and numbers.

In my opinion, you're not who you say you are. And if have more substantial evidence. Glad we talked. Let's not do it again.

Who are you?
What is your full name?
Where do you live?
What is your address?
Where do you (supposedly) teach?
Who gave you (or your pretend) PhD?

I don't believe for a second you have a PhD. Anyone can use a thesaurus to edit their work before they press "send". Anyone can be a pompous Donkey and harp on peoples opinion and say they deal with students theories everyday so they are a little on edge about unsupported views.

Since you brought it up first, I would be happy to end it here with you.

To the rest of you, keep up the great work on this site.

273rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Rooney, CR never came on here and flaunted his identity, and I really don't see why he can't remain anonymous, like most people on the internet choose to be. Seems like for him to have to even defend himself he'd have to give out personal information which I can see why he'd be reluctant to do so in the first place, and secondly it's nobody's business.

I thought this fighting had ceased when someone left, let's keep it that way.

274rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:13 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:Well, it's safe to say that rumors of this trade happening are going to be non-existant with BDP now not fueling the fire.

Not so fast. Senschirp has posted a blog entitled "Where There's Smoke..." I'll be interested to see what it's all about.

Most of that emanated from this site and BDP. Senschirp was the third of the three aforementioned to mention anything

275rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:38 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

That's funny... pretty sure I posted a reply.

I call evensy-stevensys: if you're going to take my reply down, then take his down too, and the one that prompted it. Fair's fair.

EDIT: Tell you what, CR, you send me absolute proof of your identity, and I'll do the same for you. I will of course keep anything we exchange to myself, if you will do the same for me. I know I am what I say I am, and I can prove it in about 2 minutes. But can the same be said for you?

Last edited by rooneypoo on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

276rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/13874514/penguins-sign-veteran-comrie-hoping-for-cheap-scoring/rss

wow - quite a drop from what he was making before. we should have signed him for that....

277rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:45 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

This just shows the problem with internet rumours.

It's one thing to announce a contract signing or acquisition days before the announcement with specifics, ie. Foligno signed for x years at 1.2M / yr or Sens getting Kovalev.

It's another thing to state " Sens are working on something big, I can't say what it is but it's big". I'm sure BM and other NHL GMs talk about lots of potential deals at any given time. Anyone with sources could easily report that, of course an hour later the deal might be dead. From an outsider's point of view it seems like they're making it up.

And Yost should write articles involving his own rumours and not quote someone else's and give his own spin on it.

278rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:46 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/13874514/penguins-sign-veteran-comrie-hoping-for-cheap-scoring/rss

wow - quite a drop from what he was making before. we should have signed him for that....

$500K?! Wow. I don't really like Comrie, but that's a decent deal. Even if he doesn't work out at all, it's not like it really hurts PIT's bottom line.

Crunch time for Comrie, tho': get 'er done here, or you'll never play in the NHL again.

279rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:53 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:This just shows the problem with internet rumours.

It's one thing to announce a contract signing or acquisition days before the announcement with specifics, ie. Foligno signed for x years at 1.2M / yr or Sens getting Kovalev.

It's another thing to state " Sens are working on something big, I can't say what it is but it's big". I'm sure BM and other NHL GMs talk about lots of potential deals at any given time. Anyone with sources could easily report that, of course an hour later the deal might be dead. From an outsider's point of view it seems like they're making it up.

And Yost should write articles involving his own rumours and not quote someone else's and give his own spin on it.

This is a great post (yours, I mean, I'm not that conceited).

You're absolutely right that he should have known that, given his track record and given that Yost is a poster over at HF, that this would stir up a frenzy of speculation and discussion. When you use phrases like "I can't give any of the details but this will blow your mind," you're kind of asking for it.

It was a mistake by both parties. I understand why BDP went the way he did to try to rectify it, even if it sucks to lose someone connected to the inside.

280rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:20 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

More conspiracy theorizing: BDP was tired with his inside-man stuff or had already been discovered/lost his connection, planted this fake rumour to troll everyone/get everyone riled up, knew the notoriety would get out (but wasn't confident which is why he had the 80% qualifier), and then play-acted a tantrum that allowed him to leave the site so that no one could hold him accountable.

That clever devil... evil

Snoopydance

281rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:27 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Perhaps bdp's departure deserves a thread of its own Sarcasm Facepalm

282rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:30 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Sorry. I guess part of me just doesn't believe this rumour.

283rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:Sorry. I guess part of me just doesn't believe this rumour.
time will tell(well only on 80%)

on my part i keep hoping that it's true. if it isn't it got me thru these dog days of (late) summer.

On the Brad richards suggestion: you have to be joking if you think it would take a top prospect, kuba, kelly and a 1st to get richards for one year.
even if a deal for richards would be done before camp, it's almost like a rental. the only way you end up with having to give that much if he comes with an extention.

284rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:49 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

anyone notice how senschirp seems to have disappeared as well?

285rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:55 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:anyone notice how senschirp seems to have disappeared as well?
Brian Murray whashing the flood of his straight razor. "that will be the lash shing we 'll hear from you guysh"

286rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:00 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:anyone notice how senschirp seems to have disappeared as well?
Brian Murray whashing the flood of his straight razor. "that will be the lash shing we 'll hear from you guysh"

uh-oh....they're taking down the leaks one by one....lets hope we don't know too much Ahhhhh!

287rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:06 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I suspect he was tellling the truth.

Anomymous internet people with sources should just keep their mouth unless they can drop names and/or numbers. Hyping that 'something big may be going down' is stupid, you're saying

Senschirp is doing more and more of this lately which is why I don't go there anymore either.

288rumours "du jour" - Page 19 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:That's funny... pretty sure I posted a reply.

I call evensy-stevensys: if you're going to take my reply down, then take his down too, and the one that prompted it. Fair's fair.

EDIT: Tell you what, CR, you send me absolute proof of your identity, and I'll do the same for you. I will of course keep anything we exchange to myself, if you will do the same for me. I know I am what I say I am, and I can prove it in about 2 minutes. But can the same be said for you?

Last time I was on this board reading posts was just after the whole N4L CR, Rooney issue and I was appalled how the whole thing went down and how it turned out. I was hoping that after some 5 weeks things had changed, but the very first post I read had this crap in it.

I'm no body, at least no body anyone here should care about. My opinion and contacts mean nothing, nor should they, but I can not believe that anyone on this board has the right to demand PROOF of anything. If you don't believe who he is, then shut up and don't read his posts. WHO CARES!!!

At one point I actually read and had an interest in your posts Rooney, but now all I see is a man with a PHD who acts like a child. I didn't get to where I am in life and business by challenging everyone who I crossed paths with, and I just can't believe this hasn't ended yet. At the very least that who challenge should have happened in private, but to continue to air your grievances in public speaks volumes to me.

I had a brief conversation with CR through PM one day and he provided me with enough proof that he is either who is says his is, or within a very close circle of friends. He revealed information that only a handful of people would know, so if he isn't the real Roche, then he is close enough to that group that he is one of them pretending to be Roche, which in itself is stupid.

Either way he and everyone else on this site owes you no explanation for who they are. If you don't like what they say, then stop reading...enough said.

I'll await your witty rebuttal.

Devo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum