GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

rumours "du jour"

+19
The Silfer Server
PKC
Oglethorpe
Straight Shooter
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
Ev
wprager
LeCaptain
asq2
TheAvatar
SensHulk
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
CockRoche
Riprock
PTFlea
Flo The Action
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 21]

151rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:47 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, Tim Thomas get such a bad rap it's not even funny. This is an amazing goaltender who uses both yoga AND hot yoga to stay in optimum condition. Hot yoga is apparently one of the most demanding things you can do. He's a year away from winning the Vezina, he posted excellent numbers LAST year in front of a team who could not score.

If we got Tim Thomas you would be shocked at how much of an upgrade he would be.

152rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sorry, but I've just never been a Thomas fan. Him being overtaken by a rookie AFTER his Vezina year is a serious cause for concern. He had a losing record on a team that still made the playoffs...

Plus his contract just looks terrible right now.

153rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:13 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:I'm starting to get the worrying suspicion that we might see a thread started by BDP saying he had to plant a fake rumour to perk the discussion up again.

I mean, if you look at his quote, I don't think he's referring to Savard because although such an acquisition would cause excitement, I think given all the media coverage and the constant mention of how he'll only waive for Ottawa or Toronto that a trade sending him to the Sens would hardly blow anyone's mind.

It can't be a D because with Gonchar, Phillips, Kuba, Karlsson, Campoli, Carkner, Lee, Cowen, Wiercioch etc. we've got enough people going for jobs as it is.

So a non-D non-Savard player would be my guess. I think someone wrote about how a previous big move of Murray's was to acquire Luongo and hinted maybe he could do the same, but even disregarding how far-fetched that is we don't really have much the Canucks would be interested in, outside of Karlsson.

Ryan's another possibility, and Murray's certainly got connections to Anaheim, but Ryan's a Burke pick (for whatever that's worth, but I guess it's one less connection) and you'd have to think that some other team would step in and offer more for a guy like Bobby Ry were he on the table.

That to me leaves Vokoun, but then I don't get why they'd wait until so late in the off-season to make the move.

It seems just as likely that BDP's toying with us again to provoke some discussion as it is that Murray's working feverishly to shake up the roster when almost no one could blame him for standing pat to start the season.

Won't you be red in the face if that string of trades you posted in the other thread comes true! Red like the zebra in that joke. Read like a newspaper.

154rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Wow, Tim Thomas get such a bad rap it's not even funny. This is an amazing goaltender who uses both yoga AND hot yoga to stay in optimum condition. Hot yoga is apparently one of the most demanding things you can do. He's a year away from winning the Vezina, he posted excellent numbers LAST year in front of a team who could not score.

If we got Tim Thomas you would be shocked at how much of an upgrade he would be.
i for one, want to buy it! no but seriously, the guy took alot of slack for the fake spezza rumour. if he's looking to scrap his credibility he's doing a fine job.

.... unless he's BM trying to find out what the fans would like him to do? Sarcasm Laugh1

i like the team we have but i could always like it better. Ahhhhh!
i say(hope) it's a (healthy) savard.

155rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:09 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Jeff Carter. The Sens have tried to trade for him multiple times.

156rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

not Savard

http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/marc-savards-merit-peter-chiarellis-plans-facilely-quash-latest-anonymous-trade-rumor.html

157rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:Jeff Carter. The Sens have tried to trade for him multiple times.
i could live with carter Sarcasm but what could we be sending their way?
we need to create alot of cap space and i'm not sure what the flyers might want in return. vokoun? 3 way trade? the plot thickens....

158rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:not Savard

http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/marc-savards-merit-peter-chiarellis-plans-facilely-quash-latest-anonymous-trade-rumor.html
he's the bruins play by play guy, could be he's got a mancrush on savard. ok, he's got some interesting points. and i agree, they have strum on LITR going into the season and then they could waive ryder. if i was the GM i would hold on to savard unless(this is the big thing i could get a top D in exchange(they could use one) then they could do the aforementioned. we don't have one of those to spare that would be even money(no, kuba for savard wouldn't fly).

there's alot of questions and very little answers for now.

159rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:23 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Wow, Tim Thomas get such a bad rap it's not even funny. This is an amazing goaltender who uses both yoga AND hot yoga to stay in optimum condition. Hot yoga is apparently one of the most demanding things you can do. He's a year away from winning the Vezina, he posted excellent numbers LAST year in front of a team who could not score.

This is also a guy who plays unbelievably at SBP because, he says, of the lighting. Thinking

But I doubt the Sens move for him.

160rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:24 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Jeff Carter. The Sens have tried to trade for him multiple times.

What could we honestly offer in return that would make it worthwhile for the Flyers?

161rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

regarding the B ryan possibility, apparently Bobby wants 3 years and they want 5. my guess is they'd go with giving him the 3 years before they'd trade him.

162rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:31 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Bah, there will be no franchise-altering trade. Sorry to say but I'd bet good money on it; can't wait for the season to start so we can watch some Hockey. That doesn't mean that I'm looking forward to winter though Wink

163rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:14 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Okay, crazy theory because I have done some reading tonight.

By all accounts the player is a "game changer" and is a player the Senators organization has been after for years. A lot of people assume this means Penner or Campbell, but maybe we're not looking back far enough.

In 1998 rumours were swirling that the Senators made a large bid for the 1st overall draft pick in order to draft phenom Vincent Lecavalier. A few years later there were rumours that they came close to a deal that would send Radek Bonk + for Lecavalier.

Now I know it's a crazy theory, but Vinny has been having trouble in Tampa and is looking like a horrible contract at this point. Tampa's new owner has issue with him (i.e Trying to back Bettman into a corner saying he wouldn't buy the franchise unless Vinny's NMC was revoked) so maybe they would take a few big contracts back in order to get rid of Vinny's longterm contract.

Trading a guy like Alexei Kovalev would open up enough cap space on his own to make a deal like that work and adding a Campoli or Ruutu would actually give us a bit of cap space.

Again, this is all for discussion purposes but it could be worse as far as guys we could get. Maybe because I know how good Vinny could be, but he's that big/physical point producing center I've always wanted on this team (granted that with that contract I feel a bit different).

That's just another name to throw out there, even if it is far fetched, haha.

EDIT: So after reading a bit more there are 4-5 other people speculating about Vinny, so I'm not as clever as originally imagined.

164rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:11 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

1the lengh of his contract is challenged...

2yzerman told vinny he wouldn't be traded.

3lecavalier has a NTC and doesn't want to leave.

4 i doubt BM wants 2 center making 7 mill off the cap.

165rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:12 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know it sounds odd, but I'm not sure I want Vinny. Too much $$, ties our hands, he's declining - although, he might be back this year, find enough cap space = Kovalev and Kuba basically.

Not sold on that, I'd much prefer Savard.

166rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fat Penner.

167rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Fat Penner.

How's Penner's on the defensive side of things? Is he a ... wait for it ... Chubby Checker?

168rumours "du jour" - Page 11 Empty Re: rumours "du jour" Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:46 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would love Vinny on the Sens...he's one of the best players in the league when he's playing at his best, and he would definately be a better toption than Savard. But, he doesn't need a change of scenery anymore and Yzerman has given him the vote of confidence, so I think chances of acquiring him are slim. Would be sweet though!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum