GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke

+9
SDH89
Riprock
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Ev
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:see i understand he's 5.9 but i think it's the 168 pounds that is an issue. but really is there no way a guy like that can make it in the NHL? looks(stats) like he knows how to score and be consistent in the AHL? he should get a chance, if shannon can get a chance so can locke. no?

Hmm; that's right. That's only 2 inches shorter than Alfie but 40 pounds lighter than Alfie. It's also only 2 inches shorter than St.Louis (althought I think that 5'9 is pretty generous in his case) and 10 pounds lighter than Martin.

Come on buddy !!! get to the gym!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He needs to work with Randy Lee all summer on his skating apparently. That's what's holding him back more than his size.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sooo senschirp didn't mention gmhockey yet.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If he doesn't right now, he will soon enough. He's a good guy, knows the deal.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I reminded him and anyone that reads the comments who deserves credit.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:If he doesn't right now, he will soon enough. He's a good guy, knows the deal.

Also, I posted "FAIL." in his comments section. That'll motivate him to do the right thing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Haha, thanks Dash and SSF, but he'll do it.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Corey Locke is on Team1200 now. http://www.team1200.com/listen-live/listen-TEAM-StW.html

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

good interview. the guy sounds really humble and just desperate for a chance to play in the NHL. Hope he gets it

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

missed it Darn . is there a way to listen to it online? it would be awesome if this guy could make it as a tp 6 forward. imagine that, depth up front! Ahhhhh!

no but really, what's missing and looks like will keep missing is top line wingers. Alfie can still do it but for how long? mickalek is still an enigma as to weather he can be that guy:%:. kovalev, no. Regin FingersCrossed and then there's wick and butler which are big FingersCrossed .

so really it's a big wait and see.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Don't know if you'll be able to listen again, but from what I heard was they were focusing on his time in Ottawa as a top scorer in the OHL, and then onto the AHL and asking why he thinks he hasn't stuck in the NHL, which basically came down to speed and size.

And I think people are looking at his old weight from when he was drafted, cause I saw on the AHL site that he was 189, so he might even be more than that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, does anyone think he'll crack the NHL for real? Popular opinion seems to be he's a great "tweener". Great AHL player but will never stick in the NHL.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Don't know if he'll make it but I always cheer for the underdog (well, unless the underdog is playing the sens that is ...) Wink

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Any, don't we have a bit of a history in doing that; Carkner, Shannon (to a lesser extent) ... who knows.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TheAvatar wrote:Any, don't we have a bit of a history in doing that; Carkner, Shannon (to a lesser extent) ... who knows.
HA! Hopefully it doesn't take as long as Carkner did...

Wink

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:So, does anyone think he'll crack the NHL for real? Popular opinion seems to be he's a great "tweener". Great AHL player but will never stick in the NHL.

Martin St Pierre didn't stick last year and he's a great AHLer. Don't see why this will be an exception.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:Any, don't we have a bit of a history in doing that; Carkner, Shannon (to a lesser extent) ... who knows.
HA! Hopefully it doesn't take as long as Carkner did...

Wink

Wasn't long ... after we got our hands on him ... Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:So, does anyone think he'll crack the NHL for real? Popular opinion seems to be he's a great "tweener". Great AHL player but will never stick in the NHL.

I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell. He might get a game or two, but in the end, he's here to get the B-Sens to the playoffs and beyond! Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum