GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking Sens news... we suck!

+12
rooneypoo
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
smash88
mattshock
Acrobat
Number Twenty Nine
Aetherial
wprager
Snuh
LethalLehner
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Breaking Sens news... we suck! Empty Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:27 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wow... this slow start is a lot harder to take than I expected. Especially after losing to the Leafs. This is feeling a lot like the end of last season when we hit our all-time low and Paddock got canned. Frig. I really hope this is just a slow start and things will come together... we have gaping needs that hopefully can be addressed... but who knows.

So frustrating... but keep the faith. I'd rather go through this now and be a better team because of it.

2Breaking Sens news... we suck! Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:47 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:Wow... this slow start is a lot harder to take than I expected. Especially after losing to the Leafs. This is feeling a lot like the end of last season when we hit our all-time low and Paddock got canned. Frig. I really hope this is just a slow start and things will come together... we have gaping needs that hopefully can be addressed... but who knows.

So frustrating... but keep the faith. I'd rather go through this now and be a better team because of it.

I hear ya Shabbs. No amount of beer could have removed the anger and disgust I felt watching them last night against Toronto. mmmmm beeer!! :D I am not sure what the answer is. Auld was solid in net and when the fourth line is your only scoring chance that seems pretty bad. I can't believe we are near the bottom of the league. Here is hoping they can turn this around. I think they will.

3Breaking Sens news... we suck! Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:50 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I hit the Tequila hard last night and am paying for it this morning...

Maybe we need to have some call-ups... bring in some youth and get things going... Bass, Lee etc...

I don't know what we can do... but hopefully Hartsburg has a plan.

4Breaking Sens news... we suck! Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:55 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I am sure he does but even he was looking disgusted last night. Injecting some youth might be a good idea. I am already liking what Winchester and Foligno are bringing to the team. I think Hartsburg should put Elliott in net against the Sabres. I like watching that kid play.

5Breaking Sens news... we suck! Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:25 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

spezza rules! wrote:I am sure he does but even he was looking disgusted last night. Injecting some youth might be a good idea. I am already liking what Winchester and Foligno are bringing to the team. I think Hartsburg should put Elliott in net against the Sabres. I like watching that kid play.

Why not play Elliot while he's here? What could it hurt. I'll be pissed if he doesn't start 1 game while he's here. How else can he gain experience? If he does play and does well, like really well (better than Gerber and Auld), they gotta keep him up here! I'm very eager to see how he plays and how management deal with it.

6Breaking Sens news... we suck! Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:I hit the Tequila hard last night and am paying for it this morning...

Maybe we need to have some call-ups... bring in some youth and get things going... Bass, Lee etc...

I don't know what we can do... but hopefully Hartsburg has a plan.

With Hamel and Regin out for and extended time Bingo will be in trouble if we bring up too many. We need to send some down for conditioning. Fisher, Phillips (rehab of whatever injury is ailing him).

7Breaking Sens news... we suck! Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Snuh wrote:
Why not play Elliot while he's here? What could it hurt. I'll be pissed if he doesn't start 1 game while he's here. How else can he gain experience? If he does play and does well, like really well (better than Gerber and Auld), they gotta keep him up here! I'm very eager to see how he plays and how management deal with it.

I'm OK either way. If he doesn't play, he still gets to face the likes of Heatley, Alfie and Spezza in practice, and if they continue losing he gets to see how *not to play* the game. Do the backups chart shots like pitchers in baseball log the game the day before their start?

8Breaking Sens news... we suck! Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:17 pm

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:Wow... this slow start is a lot harder to take than I expected. Especially after losing to the Leafs. This is feeling a lot like the end of last season when we hit our all-time low and Paddock got canned. Frig. I really hope this is just a slow start and things will come together... we have gaping needs that hopefully can be addressed... but who knows.

I don't know what is wrong but honestly, the Sens suck right now.

I mean seriously, the Leafs deserved to beat them. They were actually the better team. How the hell does that happen. It makes zero sense.

9Breaking Sens news... we suck! Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:31 pm

Aetherial wrote:

I mean seriously, the Leafs deserved to beat them. They were actually the better team. How the hell does that happen. It makes zero sense.

The Leafs really used their speed and forecheck to put the pressure on the Sens shaky D. We have trouble in our zone, and when we do collect the puck we have difficulty starting a break out, because we have precious few guys who are capable of doing it well. It's a recipe for losses....a lot of them.

10Breaking Sens news... we suck! Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Aetherial wrote:

Enjoy it. It'll cost you a decent pick. The Sens will turn it around. They're not going to run away with the division or anything, but they'll slowly start playing into the system.

11Breaking Sens news... we suck! Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:55 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I did call it - I said the Leafs are going to be better than they've been in years.

They'll be in the playoffs, we'll miss for the first time - book it.

12Breaking Sens news... we suck! Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Sens shouldnt be starting Elliot against the Sabres, you gotta hand pick his games. You put him in against a team like Florida or Tampa on the road, you dont want to put pressure on the kid or in a situation set up to fail, like they will in Buffalo. You can almost bank on it, the Sens will get lit up tomorrow.

13Breaking Sens news... we suck! Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:40 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

At this point, I'm not sure I can comfortably say that even Florida or Tampa are "low-pressure" games.

Somebody else had mentioned it, and I would have to agree - we are becoming the team that others feel comfortable putting in their backup for. That's not good.

14Breaking Sens news... we suck! Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:07 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Acrobat wrote:At this point, I'm not sure I can comfortably say that even Florida or Tampa are "low-pressure" games.

Somebody else had mentioned it, and I would have to agree - we are becoming the team that others feel comfortable putting in their backup for. That's not good.
When nothing's working... every game is a "pressure" game. Guys try too hard to fix things... grip their sticks too tightly... they'll have to learn to relax, get back to basics and play sound, safe hockey - even if it's boring as sin. Hell, let's start trapping like there's no tomorrow just to slow other teams down. I don't care.

15Breaking Sens news... we suck! Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:13 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:
Acrobat wrote:At this point, I'm not sure I can comfortably say that even Florida or Tampa are "low-pressure" games.

When nothing's working... every game is a "pressure" game. Guys try too hard to fix things... grip their sticks too tightly... they'll have to learn to relax, get back to basics and play sound, safe hockey - even if it's boring as sin. Hell, let's start trapping like there's no tomorrow just to slow other teams down. I don't care.

Hey, it worked when Jaques was running the show. I say do what you gotta do to win. A sound trapping defensive system will help our goalies out a lot!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum