GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking Sens news... we suck!

+12
rooneypoo
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
smash88
mattshock
Acrobat
Number Twenty Nine
Aetherial
wprager
Snuh
LethalLehner
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:35 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm just concerned with the seemingly disjointed effort. I haven't given up hope.

32Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:37 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

I'm not on the Fire Murray wagon just yet.

33Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:37 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Snuh wrote:
spezza rules! wrote:I am sure he does but even he was looking disgusted last night. Injecting some youth might be a good idea. I am already liking what Winchester and Foligno are bringing to the team. I think Hartsburg should put Elliott in net against the Sabres. I like watching that kid play.

Why not play Elliot while he's here? What could it hurt. I'll be pissed if he doesn't start 1 game while he's here. How else can he gain experience? If he does play and does well, like really well (better than Gerber and Auld), they gotta keep him up here! I'm very eager to see how he plays and how management deal with it.

When did Elliott get called up? Is Gerber hurt?

34Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:39 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

mattshock wrote:
Acrobat wrote:At this point, I'm not sure I can comfortably say that even Florida or Tampa are "low-pressure" games.

Somebody else had mentioned it, and I would have to agree - we are becoming the team that others feel comfortable putting in their backup for. That's not good.

Can you blame them? Our secondary scoring is the worst it's been in years, and even our primary scoring isn't showing up.

Our fourth line was our most offensively productive against the leafs, and they aren't exactly going to strike fear into the hearts of goaltenders around the league.

This team has the pieces in place, so it's frustrating to see them underachieving, but I'm off the "lets give it time, wait, and see what happens" philosophy.

Plus, I'm a lot more comfortable with Gerbs' out of the lineup.

Am I missing something? When did we play the Leafs??

35Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:41 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

They beat us a couple of weeks back (when I made that post I believe).

36Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:41 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:
mattshock wrote:
Acrobat wrote:At this point, I'm not sure I can comfortably say that even Florida or Tampa are "low-pressure" games.

Somebody else had mentioned it, and I would have to agree - we are becoming the team that others feel comfortable putting in their backup for. That's not good.

Can you blame them? Our secondary scoring is the worst it's been in years, and even our primary scoring isn't showing up.

Our fourth line was our most offensively productive against the leafs, and they aren't exactly going to strike fear into the hearts of goaltenders around the league.

This team has the pieces in place, so it's frustrating to see them underachieving, but I'm off the "lets give it time, wait, and see what happens" philosophy.

Plus, I'm a lot more comfortable with Gerbs' out of the lineup.

Am I missing something? When did we play the Leafs??

We lost. I don't remember the score, as I am still trying to repress and deny, but it was an ugly game for the Sens. The Leafs used their speed to repeatedly burn us. Sound familiar? The shoe is officially on the other foot. And our naked foot stinks......badly.

37Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:42 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, that game was BALLS. Damn leafers!

38Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:44 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

mattshock wrote:They beat us a couple of weeks back (when I made that post I believe).

I can't believe I can't remember this game...did something bad happen in the game? Besides losing? I don't want to meet them again right now, I'll tell you that much.

39Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:48 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm not giving up on our team, but I will admit that I've already given up on a few players, and I still want to see them gone SOON. Things will have to change for us to have any chance at making the playoffs. I thought that this year would be similar to the year we went to the Cup, but I'm realizing more and more that we don't have the proper pieces in place in order for this to happen. If we could have at least one defenseman that can skate like the wind and pass the puck, we'll be in a better place. We also need to add a piece like Comrie for our secondary scoring and just put the top line back together, that was the only time we had success, and I'm not sure why Hartsburg hasn't gone that route yet. He tries for 4 minutes at the end of every game that we're losing, and it's obviously not working, he needs to put them together next game from start to finish, we need something to get the boys going again, and that should be a good start.

40Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:49 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
Hayden wrote:What was the Sens record after 16 games when we went to the finals? I know everyone was calling for Alfie's and Murray's heads then.

If I'm not mistaken, it was 6-8-2 -- exactly where we are today.

I'm not saying that a turnaround is imminent and history will repeat itself, but that experience at least ought to teach us that we shouldn't be in a hurry to blow everything up.
Wise wise words my friend. Wise words.

I will now put the panic button back in the lower drawer and wait...

Wink

41Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:53 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:
mattshock wrote:They beat us a couple of weeks back (when I made that post I believe).

I can't believe I can't remember this game...did something bad happen in the game? Besides losing? I don't want to meet them again right now, I'll tell you that much.
Oh man... that was the tail end of our 4-game losing streak. Another low point in this very early season. The big memorable was Luke Schenn dropping the gloves with Neil.

42Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:00 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Oh man... that was the tail end of our 4-game losing streak. Another low point in this very early season. The big memorable was Luke Schenn dropping the gloves with Neil.

I must have put it out of my memory vault, it must've been pretty bad. We have a rough few games coming up...I'm definitely worried. At least we don't have to watch them die tomorrow, NO TV!! I'll take that this time, I can't bear to watch...

43Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:11 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'll be watching... and hitting the beers if it gets bad... heh heh. Who am I kidding... I'll be hitting the beers no matter what.

Wink

44Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:12 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

well, according to Sportsnet.ca, Hartsburg has NO immediate plans to put the big three together again...

45Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:14 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:well, according to Sportsnet.ca, Hartsburg has NO immediate plans to put the big three together again...

Hartsburg is looking more and more like he has no clue what he is doing.... How many line combo's is he really going to try...

46Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:16 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:well, according to Sportsnet.ca, Hartsburg has NO immediate plans to put the big three together again...

Hartsburg is looking more and more like he has no clue what he is doing.... How many line combo's is he really going to try...
I think he's trying to avoid the knee-jerk reaction to put 'em back together when things are not working out. These guys need to learn to play, and score, apart from each other.

47Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:26 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

smash88 wrote:

What I do appreciate about Hartsburg over Paddock is that he actually TRIED these lines for more than 1 game, he's really given them plenty of time to find that chemistry. Thing is, it's not working. He's going to have to put the top line back together until we find a good 2nd liner (who can score) to replace Vermette. It's really the only option we have at this point. Am I wrong to think this?

48Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:35 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:
I think he's trying to avoid the knee-jerk reaction to put 'em back together when things are not working out. These guys need to learn to play, and score, apart from each other.

Yes they do. The tricky part is when do you stop teaching lessons and start going for a win? I think with the big three on the top line for a few games they would be bound to produce, but the powerplay unit had them out there and not looking great yesterday...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum