GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gonchar to Ottawa

+24
TheAvatar
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
Hoags
dennycrane
Devo
Hockeyhero22000
CockRoche
SensHulk
SDH89
shabbs
wprager
LeCaptain
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
beerandsens
Ev
asq2
SensGirl11
Sens4thecup
Riprock
PKC
PTFlea
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 20]

136Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:57 pm

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:His best signing ever IMO.

Now...if he can fit Cullen in somehow, there me a monument raised for him.
Murray said he's done at the forward position. I guess that means he's only going to focus on the RFA's he's got...

Done. LOL

How about a forward to fill out our top line? I'm tired of the ignoring the forward ranks strategy being employed. Our D is set. It has been since the draft. Land a Cussing forward Murray, without having to drag some piece of crap off the scrapheap.

137Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thank god that there's no room for Shannon.

138Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:58 pm

hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Murray said he's done at the forward position. I guess that means he's only going to focus on the RFA's he's got...

Done. LOL

How about a forward to fill out our top line? I'm tired of the ignoring the forward ranks strategy being employed. Our D is set. It has been since the draft. Land a Cussing forward Murray, without having to drag some piece of crap off the scrapheap.

Seriosuly, Butler is going to be that guy by the 2nd or 3rd week of the season. He's a very solid player and IMO, could hit the 20 goal mark in his rookie year.

139Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He made top line players top line players by bringing Gonchar in. He significantly increased the offensive production for the entire top two lines.

140Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:00 pm

N4L wrote:Well, I dont usually do this but, might as well because it is exciting.

Butler/Spezza/Michalek
Alfi/Fisher/Foligno
Kovalev/Regin/Wick
Neil/Kelly/Ruutu
Winchester

Gonchar/Phillips
Karlsson/Kuba
Carkner/Campoli

Leclaire/Elliott

Ya, not too bad.

Cuss. Butler? He of a whole two games in the NHL on our top line.

Someone remind me why we overspent on a geriatric d-man please? Asking Butler and Wick to play key roles at this point is ridiculously premature. I don't want to hear any Dung about "Well Butler looks great at the development camp!" Of course he does, he's playing mostly against kids. Wick is an unknown as well.

141Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:01 pm

N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Done. LOL

Seriosuly, Butler is going to be that guy by the 2nd or 3rd week of the season. He's a very solid player and IMO, could hit the 20 goal mark in his rookie year.

The whole 20? That's a top line player? The jury is still out on him. In fact, they haven't even started deliberating yet.

142Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:01 pm

Even if you dont want to throw Butler and Wick in there.

Michalek/Spezza/Regin
Alfi/Fisher/Kovalev

I dont know how much more offense you want out of your top 6 guys...

143Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:02 pm

hemlock wrote:
N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Done. LOL

The whole 20? That's a top line player? The jury is still out on him. In fact, they haven't even started deliberating yet.

Butler just lead The NCAA in goal scoring and was a finalist for The Hobey Baker. He can score goals, this isnt Jesse WInchester coming in. He has NHL speed, NHL hands, and an NHL shot. If he gets his shot up on the top 2 lines or the PP, he will produce.

144Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:03 pm

N4L wrote:Even if you dont want to throw Butler and Wick in there.

Michalek/Spezza/Regin
Alfi/Fisher/Kovalev

I dont know how much more offense you want out of your top 6 guys...

It's not the top 6 that concerns me. We have plenty of top 6 guys. We only have two top 3 guys, and like I said earlier, one is 37 and the other is the town whipping boy.

145Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Michalek is a top line guy IMO and Kovalev can be, Regin might turn into one, and Fisher, well... he's Fisher.

146Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:05 pm

N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:
N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Done. LOL

Butler just lead The NCAA in goal scoring and was a finalist for The Hobey Baker. He can score goals, this isnt Jesse WInchester coming in. He has NHL speed, NHL hands, and an NHL shot. If he gets his shot up on the top 2 lines or the PP, he will produce.

We'll see. There are no guarantees. He's still a NHL rookie and asking him to step in and produce just sounds premature to me.

147Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:06 pm

N4L wrote:Michalek is a top line guy IMO and Kovalev can be, Regin might turn into one, and Fisher, well... he's Fisher.

That's the thing. Could/Can/If/Might doesn't cut it for top line on a team that claims to wants to compete.

148Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:06 pm

That's why he was signed, to score goals. That's it, that's all. That's what he does. If he doesnt do it, it sucks, but The Sens did sign Butler to score some goals.

Wick, he's the wild card but with Cullen leaving, he has a real shot at sticking in Ottawa.

149Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:07 pm

N4L wrote:That's why he was signed, to score goals. That's it, that's all. That's what he does. If he doesnt do it, it sucks, but The Sens did sign Butler to score some goals.

Wick, he's the wild card but with Cullen leaving, he has a real shot at sticking in Ottawa.

That's my point. Murray is taking an awful risk here by banking on these two. This could come crashing down hard. If we don't have guys playing well up front, it makes the Gonchar signing even less appealing.

150Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:08 pm

hemlock wrote:
N4L wrote:Michalek is a top line guy IMO and Kovalev can be, Regin might turn into one, and Fisher, well... he's Fisher.

That's the thing. Could/Can/If/Might doesn't cut it for top line on a team that claims to wants to compete.

We'll see dude. Personally, Im excited because Gonchar is going to help the offense in a huge way and guys who have had down years, well, they may very well explode.

Ottawa has a very blanaced attack, has some grit, has some talent, and more importantly, has a clear understanding of what kind of team they are.

151Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:08 pm

hemlock wrote:
N4L wrote:That's why he was signed, to score goals. That's it, that's all. That's what he does. If he doesnt do it, it sucks, but The Sens did sign Butler to score some goals.

That's my point. Murray is taking an awful risk here by banking on these two. This could come crashing down hard. If we don't have guys playing well up front, it makes the Gonchar signing even less appealing.

You still have 6-8 top 6 or potential top 6 guys in Ottawa up front. The defense is very solid and the goaltending is good.

152Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:12 pm

N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:

We'll see dude. Personally, Im excited because Gonchar is going to help the offense in a huge way and guys who have had down years, well, they may very well explode.

Ottawa has a very blanaced attack, has some grit, has some talent, and more importantly, has a clear understanding of what kind of team they are.

Agreed.

I just would have taken Michalek at 4 over Gonchar, and definitely taken Martin @ 5 in a heartbeart.

Although it hamstrings the Pens, Martin at $5 million is a great deal. He's soooo underrated.

153Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:12 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I *would* like to add to those who think our PP will be running at 50% next year: Pittsburgh had Gonchar plus two pretty good forwards and still had one of the worst powerplays in the league. Even after Gonchar got back in the lineup.

And for those who say the Pens still have great PP QBs in Goligoski and whatever, recall that Pittsburgh was fighting us for last place in the league for a while.

The worst Pens team in the last 3 years was when Gonchar was out. Pretty sure when their PP was horrid he was injured too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum