GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gonchar to Ottawa

+24
TheAvatar
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
Hoags
dennycrane
Devo
Hockeyhero22000
CockRoche
SensHulk
SDH89
shabbs
wprager
LeCaptain
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
beerandsens
Ev
asq2
SensGirl11
Sens4thecup
Riprock
PKC
PTFlea
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 20]

121Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:49 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Should Kuba still even be a Senator right now?

No he shouldn't, Volchenkov should. Ahhhhh!

122Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:50 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:I forgot that Kuba was even on the team.

I think Kuba still plays with Karlsson. For the time being. Just wait till someone's top-4 goes down and we can fleece them. Remember, with all his minute-munching goodness, we still did pretty well and would have gotten past the Champs if not for two torn ACLs and playoff rookyness in goal and behind the bench.

123Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:50 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Should Kuba still even be a Senator right now?

No he shouldn't, Volchenkov should. Ahhhhh!

If Volchenkov wanted to be on the team, he still would be. Simple as that.

124Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:20 pm

The Sens are a better team today with Ginchar back there then they were yesterday. Karlsson is going to learn from the best at The NHL level but a slower pace then originally thougt by a lot of people.

More importantly then anything, this gives the kids a ton of time to develop and learn the pro game. Stoked this happend. Cullen might want to reconsider staying now because Ottawa is legit in The East with this one move.

125Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

TSN panel talking now about the signing and feel that Kovalev and Gonchar will hook up quite a bit this season.

126Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:26 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's true, because Kovalev plays in the same spot that Malkin plays in, and Gonchar can set him up for some one-timers.

127Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yup, that's what they were saying.

ian_mendes

Probably stating the obvious
here, but door is closed on return of Cullen or Sutton now to Ottawa.

ian_mendes

Murray also said that fans
shouldn't be concerned about 3rd year of Gonchar's contract. He intends
to play at 2014 Olympics in Sochi.

128Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:43 pm

For all of the Spezza lovers, this signing is HUGE for him. If he can somehow get Penner out of Edmonton, Spezza will go mental.

129Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:For all of the Spezza lovers, this signing is HUGE for him. If he can somehow get Penner out of Edmonton, Spezza will go mental.

I said it helped all of our forwards BIG time, but yeah, Spezza, Alfie, Michalek and Kovalev are gonna get tons of pretty passes.

130Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:49 pm

Going on the PK against The Sens is going to be suicide now for other teams.

People were talking about Burke building a team that's going to crush guys... well he takes a penalty against Ottawa and there's a good chance it's in the back of the net.

Gonchar was probably the best possible player The Sens could have gotten, amazing signing by Murray, amazing.

131Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

His best signing ever IMO.

Now...if he can fit Cullen in somehow, there me a monument raised for him.

132Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:His best signing ever IMO.

Murray said he's done at the forward position. I guess that means he's only going to focus on the RFA's he's got...

133Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Well, I dont usually do this but, might as well because it is exciting.

Butler/Spezza/Michalek
Alfi/Fisher/Foligno
Kovalev/Regin/Wick
Neil/Kelly/Ruutu
Winchester

Gonchar/Phillips
Karlsson/Kuba
Carkner/Campoli

Leclaire/Elliott

Ya, not too bad.

134Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:

Murray said he's done at the forward position. I guess that means he's only going to focus on the RFA's he's got...

So he says, yeah. Ahhhhh!

No, I believe it. There's no room for Shannon or Lee BTW, I crunched the numbers a ton of times, it's over for them.

135Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Well, I dont usually do this but, might as well because it is exciting.

Remember when we were dreaming about this a few months ago? Weird and awesome times!

136Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:57 pm

shabbs wrote:

Done. LOL

How about a forward to fill out our top line? I'm tired of the ignoring the forward ranks strategy being employed. Our D is set. It has been since the draft. Land a Cussing forward Murray, without having to drag some piece of crap off the scrapheap.

137Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thank god that there's no room for Shannon.

138Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:58 pm

hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Done. LOL

How about a forward to fill out our top line? I'm tired of the ignoring the forward ranks strategy being employed. Our D is set. It has been since the draft. Land a Cussing forward Murray, without having to drag some piece of crap off the scrapheap.

Seriosuly, Butler is going to be that guy by the 2nd or 3rd week of the season. He's a very solid player and IMO, could hit the 20 goal mark in his rookie year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum