GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens on July 1st, Free Agents, Trades - Interesting storylines to watch.

+26
Hobiesens
CockRoche
Riprock
SensFan71
shabbs
Sens4thecup
beerandsens
dennycrane
LethalLehner
asq2
SDH89
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
wprager
Devo
SensGirl11
Ev
Hoags
PTFlea
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24 ... 45  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 45]

Gonchar being here would take so much pressure off the young D in Ottawa for a few years, almost invaluable.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Did the cap hit work out that way for Cheechoo because the Sens wanted it to? Or is that the way it works? I thought it would be an equal amount spread out over 3 years or something of the sort.

The plus side for us is when we have to eat that cap hit next season, Kovalev will be off the books.

SensGirl11 wrote:Did the cap hit work out that way for Cheechoo because the Sens wanted it to? Or is that the way it works? I thought it would be an equal amount spread out over 3 years or something of the sort.

The plus side for us is when we have to eat that cap hit next season, Kovalev will be off the books.

Current year 3 (salary) - 2.33 (buyout) = 666k
Next year cap hit = 1/2 the buy out =1.165

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

N4L wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Did the cap hit work out that way for Cheechoo because the Sens wanted it to? Or is that the way it works? I thought it would be an equal amount spread out over 3 years or something of the sort.

Current year 3 (salary) - 2.33 (buyout) = 666k
Next year cap hit = 1/2 the buy out =1.165

That's craziness. Why do they do it like that? Sens on July 1st, Free Agents, Trades - Interesting storylines to watch. - Page 3 821277

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It's so quiet...there's nothing happening in the NHL right now. Very odd. How was it last year on this day? Did anything big happen?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Why is Alfredsson on buyouts?

We had to terminate his previous contract and then do a new one. Not sure how they slipped that through the NHL without waiving him etc. Must be a consensual way of terminating a contract in order to make another one. I haven't seen many like it since. One of the most complicated transactions in the history of the NHL.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
The more I think of it the more I'd rather have a Gonchar than a Sutton. One can dream... Sens on July 1st, Free Agents, Trades - Interesting storylines to watch. - Page 3 542150

Hmm...Gonchar or Sutton huh? Let me think about that... Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Gonchar being here would take so much pressure off the young D in Ottawa for a few years, almost invaluable.

4 years? 5 million per year minimum? That's a lot of $$ and term for what will be a 40 year old.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Again, this buyout better not affect the Sens getting one of Gonchar, Hamhuis, Martin of Michalek.

I won't be pleased if we're sitting with our thumbs up our arses on July 1st wondering when the Sean O'Donnell to Ottawa will be announced.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Gonchar being here would take so much pressure off the young D in Ottawa for a few years, almost invaluable.

4 years? 5 million per year minimum? That's a lot of $$ and term for what will be a 40 year old.

4 years should be a cap hit of no more than 3.5 million. It's likely that you will have that cap hit for at least a season without a player to go with it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Again, this buyout better not affect the Sens getting one of Gonchar, Hamhuis, Martin of Michalek.

I won't be pleased if we're sitting with our thumbs up our arses on July 1st wondering when the Sean O'Donnell to Ottawa will be announced.

It might not affect getting one of those guys but it limits the possibility of getting a forward on top of that.

But it's a business involving real money. Sens on July 1st, Free Agents, Trades - Interesting storylines to watch. - Page 3 270956

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

SensGirl11 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Why is Alfredsson on buyouts?

I believe it's part of a bonus that was to be paid to him for signing at a reduced rate. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone. Sens on July 1st, Free Agents, Trades - Interesting storylines to watch. - Page 3 159628

It was a result of him signing the new contract after the lockout. I don't remember the specifics, but his contract at that time had bonuses worked into it, and because in the new CBA you can't sign extensions, they had to effectively buy out his previous contract and give him a new one. They granted an exemption for the salaries I believe it was the bonuses that had to be paid out.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

You can frontload the contract as well over 4 years, and if/when the player retires you can buy it out dirt cheap.

As for the cap hit, Murray can potentially trade Shannon, Lee etc. If he needs more cap room for something we still have some options. They can waive those 2 and send them to Bingo as well.

We can go over the cap by 10% in the offseason so BM will get who we need and get us under the cap before the season starts.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
It might not affect getting one of those guys but it limits the possibility of getting a forward on top of that.

But it's a business involving real money. Sens on July 1st, Free Agents, Trades - Interesting storylines to watch. - Page 3 270956

We'll see. We need the D-man more than Cullen, deliver the goods on one of those guys and I'm happy. Don't, and I'm certainly not.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

We'll see. We need the D-man more than Cullen, deliver the goods on one of those guys and I'm happy. Don't, and I'm certainly not.

The D man isn't an "extra" though. We're losing a guy to free-agency for nothing. If you're truly adding to the team you need (yet another) Top 6 forward.

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Ahh hell...I don't know!

I tried..

Last edited by Devo on Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:The D man isn't an "extra" though. We're losing a guy to free-agency for nothing. If you're truly adding to the team you need (yet another) Top 6 forward.

By trade I think. If we lose out on Cullen, we need to make a smart hockey trade for a top line forward, not top 6, top line. I really don't want to lose out on Cullen though.

Plus, Kovalev with Spezza is something I'm a strong supporter of. Kovalev is primed to have a great season (I hope).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:The D man isn't an "extra" though. We're losing a guy to free-agency for nothing. If you're truly adding to the team you need (yet another) Top 6 forward.

By trade I think. If we lose out on Cullen, we need to make a smart hockey trade for a top line forward, not top 6, top line. I really don't want to lose out on Cullen though.

Plus, Kovalev with Spezza is something I'm a strong supporter of. Kovalev is primed to have a great season (I hope).

Kovalev with Spezza or upgraded second line Center... Either way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 45]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24 ... 45  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum