GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spitfires add Jack Campbell

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spitfires add Jack Campbell Empty Spitfires add Jack Campbell Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Windsor adding Campbell, Kuehnhackl Saturday, 06.19.2010 / 1:09 PM / 2010 NHL Entry Draft By Adam Kimelman - NHL.com Staff Writer Following the end of the Memorial Cup last month, Windsor Spitfires coach Bob Boughner talked about how he knew he was going to lose a few key players.

What he didn't say was that he would be replacing them with a few pretty good ones.

Two of the players that will be part of next season's quest for a first-ever Memorial Cup three-peat are goaltender Jack Campbell and German forward Tom Kuehnhackl.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/newsindex.htm#?navid=nav-nws-main

Man this team just keeps staying at the top year after year despite losing players.

2Spitfires add Jack Campbell Empty Re: Spitfires add Jack Campbell Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:35 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Spitfires add Jack Campbell 270956

3Spitfires add Jack Campbell Empty Re: Spitfires add Jack Campbell Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:37 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Nice, happy he didn't go the college route. Should be interesting to see how this guy develops ... Now that STL picked up Halak, I see him falling to 18 for the Avs.

4Spitfires add Jack Campbell Empty Re: Spitfires add Jack Campbell Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:41 pm

SDH89 wrote:Nice, happy he didn't go the college route. Should be interesting to see how this guy develops ... Now that STL picked up Halak, I see him falling to 18 for the Avs.

Rather a goaltender go the college route 100% of the time. How many goalies from The OHL are in the NHL right now vs College? College is a way better system to develope goaltenders because of how late they get to come out compared to teens in the CHL.

5Spitfires add Jack Campbell Empty Re: Spitfires add Jack Campbell Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:03 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
SDH89 wrote:Nice, happy he didn't go the college route. Should be interesting to see how this guy develops ... Now that STL picked up Halak, I see him falling to 18 for the Avs.

Rather a goaltender go the college route 100% of the time. How many goalies from The OHL are in the NHL right now vs College? College is a way better system to develope goaltenders because of how late they get to come out compared to teens in the CHL.

I like the CHL, they provide goalies a lot more playing time than the smaller college schedules. From all accounts, just look at how Lehner progressed in his year in the Soo. With that being said tho, I've got nothing against the college route, just like the added experience a player can get playing junior.

6Spitfires add Jack Campbell Empty Re: Spitfires add Jack Campbell Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:10 pm

SDH89 wrote:
N4L wrote:

I like the CHL, they provide goalies a lot more playing time than the smaller college schedules. From all accounts, just look at how Lehner progressed in his year in the Soo. With that being said tho, I've got nothing against the college route, just like the added experience a player can get playing junior.

He's going to The AHL for a reason, man. The OHL is an awful league to develope goaltenders and very few ever really make it. Steve Mason is the only one in The NHL that's actually a starter. Then there is Raycroft and Smith. After that, not much else.

7Spitfires add Jack Campbell Empty Re: Spitfires add Jack Campbell Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

What about the WHL and QMJHL? Basically the same as the OHL, and look at the guys that came out of those leagues.

8Spitfires add Jack Campbell Empty Re: Spitfires add Jack Campbell Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:32 pm

Dash wrote:What about the WHL and QMJHL? Basically the same as the OHL, and look at the guys that came out of those leagues.

The Q is different, Quebec absolutely developes the best goaltenders overall, just part of the hockey culture there. WHL is meh, for the most part, Ward is the only one that really sticks out. The rest tend to be goaltenders that have taken their time in Europe or gone to college.

Goaltenders in both The OHL and WHL have a hard time playing pro, not sure the reason, could be they are rushed much faster. If you want to look a perfect example of guys that went head to head... Rask vs Pogge. Very tough to find a franchise goaltender out of The OHL or WHL, almost impossible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum