GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

R.I.P. Jack Layton

+8
Flo The Action
PTFlea
dennycrane
22_4_ever
Riprock
SensHulk
tim1_2
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1R.I.P. Jack Layton Empty R.I.P. Jack Layton Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Passed away early this morning, surrounded by family.

2R.I.P. Jack Layton Empty Re: R.I.P. Jack Layton Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:26 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Really too bad…and so soon after such a huge accomplishment. I don't want to discuss politics, and there's a lot of politicians I don't care for, but this guy really did love Canada.

3R.I.P. Jack Layton Empty Re: R.I.P. Jack Layton Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:37 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Really sad. NDP won't be the same without him. it sucks that this happened after they made such headway. He was a good man.

4R.I.P. Jack Layton Empty Re: R.I.P. Jack Layton Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:56 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Condolences.

5R.I.P. Jack Layton Empty Re: R.I.P. Jack Layton Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:07 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Like him or hate him one thing is he always had Canadians best interest at heart. Maybe not so much with our money, or other aspects of our lives, but for the people themselves, certainly he was all for making life better for those who are have nots.

Certainly a sad day.

6R.I.P. Jack Layton Empty Re: R.I.P. Jack Layton Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:28 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Terrible but not at all unexpected news. I hope that his conscience remains in the house far after his passing.

7R.I.P. Jack Layton Empty Re: R.I.P. Jack Layton Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Jack Layton's posthumous letter to Canadians:

http://www2.macleans.ca/2011/08/22/jack-laytons-letter-to-canadians/

8R.I.P. Jack Layton Empty Re: R.I.P. Jack Layton Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

His final tweet was about how Canada is the best country in the world to live in.

RIP Jack, you did well.

9R.I.P. Jack Layton Empty Re: R.I.P. Jack Layton Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:07 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Dash wrote:Jack Layton's posthumous letter to Canadians:

http://www2.macleans.ca/2011/08/22/jack-laytons-letter-to-canadians/

I'm a sucker for great quotes, and this one to me may just may go down with some of the greats.....

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.

All my very best,

Jack Layton"

RIP

10R.I.P. Jack Layton Empty Re: R.I.P. Jack Layton Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:56 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

this is indead bad news. Canada finaly had a politician you felt you could trust. truly feels there's no winning in politics. I imagine this will be a hard knock on the NDP.

11R.I.P. Jack Layton Empty Re: R.I.P. Jack Layton Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:22 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Disagreed with pretty much everything he put out there but you gotta admire a guy that doesn't waiver from what he believes and a man that gave his all until the very end. Not sure why he gets a state funeral though and not sure why people are calling him a great Canadian either.

12R.I.P. Jack Layton Empty Re: R.I.P. Jack Layton Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:11 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Disagreed with pretty much everything he put out there but you gotta admire a guy that doesn't waiver from what he believes and a man that gave his all until the very end. Not sure why he gets a state funeral though and not sure why people are calling him a great Canadian either.

That was beautiful, man. Sad

13R.I.P. Jack Layton Empty Re: R.I.P. Jack Layton Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Disagreed with pretty much everything he put out there but you gotta admire a guy that doesn't waiver from what he believes and a man that gave his all until the very end. Not sure why he gets a state funeral though and not sure why people are calling him a great Canadian either.

State funeral because he was the leader of the official opposition?

14R.I.P. Jack Layton Empty Re: R.I.P. Jack Layton Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:16 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I disagree with it as it is usually only reserved for the GG or the PM. It's awful what he went through and I think he was a good man that cared about his country, but he didn't do anything. He got Quebec to vote NDP... that's about it.

15R.I.P. Jack Layton Empty Re: R.I.P. Jack Layton Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:45 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I disagree with it as it is usually only reserved for the GG or the PM. It's awful what he went through and I think he was a good man that cared about his country, but he didn't do anything. He got Quebec to vote NDP... that's about it.

That's a pretty douchey comment. Sometimes it's better not to say anything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum