GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jack Johnson looking for over $5 million

+10
Phoenix30
asq2
Nasty Nas
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
PKC
shabbs
wprager
Mojo
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Jack Johnson looking for over $5 million Empty Jack Johnson looking for over $5 million Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:27 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I'm sure most of you have heard before how Jack Johnson is making life difficult out in LA in terms of being re-signed. He has been rumoured to be part of a deal for Lecavalier. Today Garrioch gave his update on the situation.

Sources say Johnson, who is coming off an entry-level contract, is seeking a four-year deal worth $5.5 million per season.

$5.5 million for a guy that has amassed 22 points and is -42 in 120 games in the NHL!?!?!?!?!?!

Who does this jackass think he is? I thought it has more or less been decided that he is not nearly the player he was projected to be and is a flop. He may turn out to be a decent player down the road but so far has not shown any signs of that so far.

This is just another kid with a dad for an agent thinking his son is the be-all and end-all. If this is how the kid acts now, I wouldn't want him on my team.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/06/05/9682771-sun.html

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, to be fair, he asking for less-than-Redden money.

In certain instances the team could take a hard stance and tell the kid, "Look, if you want to play here, you need to get a different agent, because we are not dealing with that a**hole you've got now; he's giving you bad advice and making any good-faith negotiations impossible." But if the kid's agent is his father, that's a tough one. There really ought to be a governing body to oversee player agents. Guys like Gandler (Yashin's and other Russian players' former agent) should not be allowed to operate the way they do.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jack is on crack.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

He's...ummmmm........joking, right? This is all a big funny, no?

Wow, deal him for pucks. If he wants that much let him go somewhere else because he isnt all that he was hyped up to be. Maybe there is some other sucker that will pay him that kind of cash.

A new cancer in the NHL.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I hope that that figure is not true.

He's a promising young kid, no question, but no one (positively no one) is going to pay him anything close to that much. If his demands are anywhere close to $5 mil / yr, he might be demanding himself right out of the NHL.

I tend to think BooBoo's "report" is BS. Has to be. Either that, or JJ has lost his f'ing mind.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What the Diddle is a "Jack Johnson" anyway. I mean really.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Wow, deal him for pucks. If he wants that much let him go somewhere else because he isnt all that he was hyped up to be. Maybe there is some other sucker that will pay him that kind of cash.

A new cancer in the NHL.

Cancer. No one who acquires Jack Johnson will win a Cup. With him at that price having to be a top 4 - or even top pairing guy, he doesn't have the heart to win.

Now...cue the JJ to Ottawa rumours. Sarcasm (I kid of course).

Trade him ASAP!!!!

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

what a moron. This guy has been a bust compared to his hype at the draft.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

:^^^^:

He has amassed enough numbers for $5.5M just OVER 4 years not per year for 4 years....

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Let him go to July 1 and see if he gets an RFA contract offer. If some GM is crazy enough to give him the money he wants then thank you I'll take your picks. LA has enough depth on D that Johnson could be replaced.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

This is one of Garrioch's 'rumours'...what's his 'source'?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:This is one of Garrioch's 'rumours'...what's his 'source'?
A meatball sub.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

5 million dollars....

Leftie squirrel

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum