GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger!

+7
andyman998
Phoenix30
Mojo
shabbs
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Empty Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Strickland is reporting this trade.

2Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Score (thescore.ca) is reporting this as a done deal.

3Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently the story was originally as stated in the topic subject, then it was taken down, then up again. In its latest incarnation there is no mention of players involved other than Pronger.

So, this changes the Heatley to LA options, eh?

4Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:51 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Apparently the story was originally as stated in the topic subject, then it was taken down, then up again. In its latest incarnation there is no mention of players involved other than Pronger.

unless Anaheim flips that 5th and Perry over to Ottawa for Heatley, maybe a possibility?

5Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pronger screws us again! BAH!!!!

Sigh...

6Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:52 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Apparently the story was originally as stated in the topic subject, then it was taken down, then up again. In its latest incarnation there is no mention of players involved other than Pronger.

Neely brought up a good point though. I think Heatley is a better fit in Anaheim with Getzlaf.

7Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:53 pm

Diddle.

Ahhhhh!

8Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:55 pm

So what happened to the rule that you cannot trade until after the playoffs are over? I thought that it was official that you can't make trades within one week of the finals end date?

9Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:57 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Neely brought up a good point though. I think Heatley is a better fit in Anaheim with Getzlaf.
They certinly had some chemistry at the Worlds... but would Anaheim flip LA's 5th or keep it and flip their first rounder...?

10Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think Heatley needs to go where he will be *the* top dog, not just one of them.

11Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:57 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

cas wrote:So what happened to the rule that you cannot trade until after the playoffs are over? I thought that it was official that you can't make trades within one week of the finals end date?

I guess they can't announce it? But the cat is out of the bag?
Shrug

12Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:57 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

cas wrote:So what happened to the rule that you cannot trade until after the playoffs are over? I thought that it was official that you can't make trades within one week of the finals end date?
This may be a "they've agreed in principle" situation and will sign the deal after the season officially ends or whenever the cut-off is...

EDIT: To be honest, I thought there was to be no activity at all during the playoffs... even hirings and firings but no one seems to be doing that...

13Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:58 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think Heatley needs to go where he will be *the* top dog, not just one of them.

that is why LA is the best target for Heatley so far, maybe Edmonton.

14Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LA Kings fans "honor" Giguere/Pronger in bathroom urinal:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/LA-Kings-
fans-honor-Giguere-Pronger-in-bathroom?urn=nhl,133391

Laughing3

15Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

that is why LA is the best target for Heatley so far, maybe Edmonton.

Trouble is, he can't drive his convertible with the top down year-round.

By the way, my buddy from Calgary said they had snow again last weekend. Is that just stupid or what? Al Gore! 🇬🇬

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum