GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger!

+7
andyman998
Phoenix30
Mojo
shabbs
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:39 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:I sure did! I had to delete it though...
Me too.

Wink

If there is a three-way in the works that falls from this it will be interesting...

32Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:05 pm

See, not only did I call the Pronger trade, but I deleted it because I knew it was false! I was right twice!

33Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:17 pm

:^^^^:

34Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:29 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Guys we can put this rumour to rest. Eklund the great is denying its validity.

35Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mojo wrote:Guys we can put this rumour to rest. Eklund the great is denying its validity.

Eklund likes to contradict legitimate reports to somehow infer that his "sources" are more connected.

What a douchebag.

36Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:39 pm

That must mean it IS true

37Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:04 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

cas wrote:So what happened to the rule that you cannot trade until after the playoffs are over? I thought that it was official that you can't make trades within one week of the finals end date?

I 've seen over the years that trades have occured in the past during the playoffs but its usually depth AHL role players.

38Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:07 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Apparently the story was originally as stated in the topic subject, then it was taken down, then up again. In its latest incarnation there is no mention of players involved other than Pronger.

So, this changes the Heatley to LA options, eh?

Neely brought up a good point though. I think Heatley is a better fit in Anaheim with Getzlaf.

I think Heatley needs to go where he will be *the* top dog, not just one of them.

that is why LA is the best target for Heatley so far, maybe Edmonton.

Trouble is, he can't drive his convertible with the top down year-round.

By the way, my buddy from Calgary said they had snow again last weekend. Is that just stupid or what? Al Gore! :gg:

I live just outside of calgary and it made for a miserable 3 days. Snow, rain, snow etc.

39Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:12 pm

andyman998

andyman998
Prospect
Prospect

Word is the trade is:

JJ
1st rounder in 2010 conditional on Pronger signing an extension

For

Pronger

Makes sense as JJ and 5th overall for an aging upcomming UFA seems like a steal for Anaheim IMO.

40Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:15 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

andyman998 wrote:Word is the trade is:

JJ
1st rounder in 2010 conditional on Pronger signing an extension

For

Pronger

Makes sense as JJ and 5th overall for an aging upcomming UFA seems like a steal for Anaheim IMO.
So... their 5th is still available eh?

Heh heh.

41Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:18 pm

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Apparently the story was originally as stated in the topic subject, then it was taken down, then up again. In its latest incarnation there is no mention of players involved other than Pronger.

So, this changes the Heatley to LA options, eh?

Neely brought up a good point though. I think Heatley is a better fit in Anaheim with Getzlaf.

I think Heatley needs to go where he will be *the* top dog, not just one of them.

that is why LA is the best target for Heatley so far, maybe Edmonton.

Trouble is, he can't drive his convertible with the top down year-round.

By the way, my buddy from Calgary said they had snow again last weekend. Is that just stupid or what? Al Gore! 🇬🇬

Not really. It was hail more than anything. Still....F-O with the crap weather please.

42Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:16 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

But what are the odds that LA would trade away their next two first rounders, when the GM has been given the green light to continue the rebuild, rather than going for the immediate win?

Or is Pronger an asset to trade for bigger return on deadline day?

Methinks that there would have to be something bigger coming - this would represent an unusual level of activity with big assets in play at a time when transactions aren't supposed to happen, all occurring coincident with Heatley hitting the market.

43Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This broke when I was in TO for my bachelor party. Many, many people think it's BS down there.

BS, I tell ya. Without a Pronger extension in place, this is the dumbest deal ever (and makes Heatley worth all the king's men).

44Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:23 pm

Trade Heats and Shubert for Teubert, Frolov, 5th
Dump Kelly for a pick.

Sign Bow and Doan in FA...

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/Hockey/2009/06/13/9785326-sun.html

45Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:That must mean it IS true

That avatar is awesome. :^^^^:

46Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:38 pm

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:That must mean it IS true

That avatar is awesome. :^^^^:

Done, I wouldn't be so quick to trade Kelly tho.

47Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 3 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Blazer wrote:Trade Heats and Shubert for Teubert, Frolov, 5th
Dump Kelly for a pick.

Sign Bow and Doan in FA...

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/Hockey/2009/06/13/9785326-sun.html

make it heatly, kelly, lee and shuby for teubert, frolov, hickey and the 5th. we then have free rein to sign bow. I WANT HICKEY!
don't think either doan and bow would come to ottawa though... :KJK:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum