GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger!

+7
andyman998
Phoenix30
Mojo
shabbs
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:58 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Apparently the story was originally as stated in the topic subject, then it was taken down, then up again. In its latest incarnation there is no mention of players involved other than Pronger.

So, this changes the Heatley to LA options, eh?

Neely brought up a good point though. I think Heatley is a better fit in Anaheim with Getzlaf.

I think Heatley needs to go where he will be *the* top dog, not just one of them.

that is why LA is the best target for Heatley so far, maybe Edmonton.

17Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:59 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

LA Kings fans "honor" Giguere/Pronger in bathroom urinal:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/LA-Kings-
fans-honor-Giguere-Pronger-in-bathroom?urn=nhl,133391

Laughing3

18Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:01 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Apparently the story was originally as stated in the topic subject, then it was taken down, then up again. In its latest incarnation there is no mention of players involved other than Pronger.

So, this changes the Heatley to LA options, eh?

Neely brought up a good point though. I think Heatley is a better fit in Anaheim with Getzlaf.

I think Heatley needs to go where he will be *the* top dog, not just one of them.

that is why LA is the best target for Heatley so far, maybe Edmonton.

Trouble is, he can't drive his convertible with the top down year-round.

By the way, my buddy from Calgary said they had snow again last weekend. Is that just stupid or what? Al Gore! 🇬🇬

19Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Team 1200 is reporting this now via Steve Ludzik of The Score.

20Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
cas wrote:So what happened to the rule that you cannot trade until after the playoffs are over? I thought that it was official that you can't make trades within one week of the finals end date?

I guess they can't announce it? But the cat is out of the bag?
Shrug

What rule? There's no harm in announcing. But the deal is not done until the league approves it, and that part will happen after the playoffs.

21Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Team 1200 is reporting this now via Steve Ludzik of The Score.

This one sneaked up on us. We didn't even speculate on a Pronger trade in the "What's next" thread for Anaheim.

22Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Team 1200 is reporting this now via Steve Ludzik of The Score.

This one sneaked up on us. We didn't even speculate on a Pronger trade in the "What's next" thread for Anaheim.

That's because DTR didn't ask if a Pronger trade might happen.

Senschirp believes this is linked to Heatley, by the way.

23Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

I'm sure Neely called this.

Wink

24Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

DTR just copy/pasted the article and asked for our feedback. The article did talk about trading Pronger. In fact the article mentioned Pronger *and* Johnson. As in Erik Johnson -- and how they would play together if Pronger was dealt to the Blues.

25Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Linked? How???! The only connection I see is that this may kill the Heatley to LA speculation.

26Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

DTR just copy/pasted the article and asked for our feedback. The article did talk about trading Pronger. In fact the article mentioned Pronger *and* Johnson. As in Erik Johnson -- and how they would play together if Pronger was dealt to the Blues.
That's not where SSF was going with that...

27Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:35 pm

There was original talk about Heatley to Anahiem though...

28Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Linked? How???! The only connection I see is that this may kill the Heatley to LA speculation.
Linked as in part of a three-way.

29Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:36 pm

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

I'm sure Neely called this.

Wink

Laughing3

30Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:37 pm

I sure did! I had to delete it though...

31Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:39 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:I sure did! I had to delete it though...
Me too.

Wink

If there is a three-way in the works that falls from this it will be interesting...

32Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:05 pm

See, not only did I call the Pronger trade, but I deleted it because I knew it was false! I was right twice!

33Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Johnson + 5th overall for Pronger! Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:17 pm

:^^^^:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum